You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nighteyez

Public test 6.15 New Year Raid campaign

4 comments in this topic

[AK]
Members
95 posts
7,630 battles

Hello fellow captains.

Just tried to do the New Year Raid campaign on the PT server, and it is impossible. The very first task requires you to be in the top seven XP earners in one battle, either in co-op, random or ranked, which is extremely easy given it can be done in co-op, but the kicker is, it has to be completed in a Tirpitz... A ship that is not available on the public test server. Interesting that they would include that on the PT knowing full well it is not available. And of course, since it is a premium, even if it makes it to the live server, (which it will, everything they put on a test server is already finalized, and ready to implement) only people who spend the $$$ to get the Tirpitz are eligible to complete the mission. Of course, looking at the reward for doing the mission I can see why. The Magnus-S camo from the Halloween scenarios, which I already own. So, I would do it to get the equivalent in doubloons. Still, the question remains, why would you put a campaign on the test server that is impossible to complete because you don't have the required ship? Wait a minute, this is Wargaming we are talking about here. The same people that gave us the Graf Zeppelin before it was ready, and destroyed the USN CV line with only one load out in order to "balance" the CV's... Makes perfect sense now.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
452 posts
5,547 battles

If I recall from the posts about the other campaign, the reward on the test server for the other campaign (Battle of North Cape) is the Tirpitz.

Edited by DanielLeary

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,023 posts

Tirpitz is the placeholder for the Scharnhorst. (Since I think the Duke of York is the reward ship.)

[AK]
Members
95 posts
7,630 battles

If the Tirpitz is the reward for completing the Battle of North Cape, I wonder why the New Year Raid is in front of the Battle of North Cape? I guess WG wants us to start the campaigns in the middle and work outward?