Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

Kutuzov/IFHE

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,540 posts
8,168 battles

Hey

I was wondering what people think about running IFHE versus not running IFHE on the Kutuzov.  I do have IFHE on mine now but have been wondering if it's really worth it due to the gun caliber versus not having it and increasing the fire damage by another 1% and then taking either concealment or even AFT?  Keep IFHE or not?   How do you have your Capt. skills on your Kutuzov?

Pete

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

I love having IFHE on it, with DE the loss in fire chance isnt that bad and you can damage so many more spots on enemy ships. It's much more consistent damage as opposed to relying on fires even more. CE is still important but I find AFT isnt essential unless you really hate planes.

Edited by RipNuN2

[TSPC]
Members
178 posts
6,425 battles

If you want to wreck planes you can go like: PT, AR, DE/SI, IFHE, CE, AFT and 1 pt skill of choice

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
4,825 battles

I have IFHE and I personally think that the damage is a lot better. If you take DE and flags you can mollify the loss of fire chance that you get with IFHE. I love my Kutove and last I checked she has my 3rd most kills. So yes I recommend IFHE.

Members
2,373 posts
7,664 battles

IMO IFHE is a must for Kutuzov, even more than CE. Without IFHE you rely too much in fires to deal damage to T8+ ships, and fire RNG can be very troll. Plus the fact that many BBs are running fire prevention builds rely on fire damage isnt a good thing. 

My first 10 pt capt would be:

1 - PT 

2 - AR

3 - SI

4 - IFHE

next:

5 - CE

6 - DE

7 - JoaT

[EQRN]
Members
340 posts
8,895 battles

I got CE before IFHE and my thought when playing this ship was, when is this thing going to be OP?  Everyone says it's OP, I'm not seeing it.  When they had the free respec available, I got IFHE and holy crap it's a different ship.  

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Kind of noticed the same thing with KGV before I used IFHE I was wondering why everyone loved HE so much. Now it’s my go ship for making tier 9 ships remember why the Royal Navy is the greatest navy on earth. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
On 12/13/2017 at 9:08 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I was wondering what people think about running IFHE versus not running IFHE on the Kutuzov.  I do have IFHE on mine now but have been wondering if it's really worth it due to the gun caliber versus not having it and increasing the fire damage by another 1% and then taking either concealment or even AFT?  Keep IFHE or not?   How do you have your Capt. skills on your Kutuzov?

Pete

1% is 1 hit in 100.  The extra fire chance is not worth giving up the improved alpha of your shells.  A shatter will do no damage at all.

Members
1,540 posts
8,168 battles
12 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

1% is 1 hit in 100.  The extra fire chance is not worth giving up the improved alpha of your shells.  A shatter will do no damage at all.

Hey

I kept the IFHE on my Kutuzov.  I will add it to my Belfast eventually but that may be a while.

Pete

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,409 battles

I added ihfe before ce. I also took de over si. Took her out to sea had a very blah game firing from max range at bbs and the occasional cl/a. 99 main bat hits and 5 fires with no flags. I about fell over when I racked up 95k in damage.

belfast is getting ihfe very soon

[FOG]
Members
326 posts
4,831 battles

I agree with the above comments that with IFHE the Kutuzov becomes brutal with significant damage coming every 8 seconds during a continued 12-gun salvo barrage. I also find, as noted above, that starting fires is highly random, but with DE I still seem to be able to "set the world on fire" while dealing out significant cumulative blast damage.

Sort of like the little kid and the new cereal "Try it, you like it!!!"

[FOG]
Members
326 posts
4,831 battles

I also use a Cruiser IFHE-skilled Captain on the Molotov and then can pen 32-mm armor on Tier VIII BBs......

Members
16 posts
13,427 battles

I use IFHE on my Kutuzov and here is why I run it with 152mm guns. With IFHE you will penetrate 32.9mm of armor but only 25.3mm with out (hope my math is correct). Tier 10 battleships' bow and stern are 32mm with the exception of the German line. Little mix of 60mm and 32mm armor on the bow but the stern is still 32mm. Tier 10 cruisers run 25mm - 30mm armor (27mm - 30mm mostly). You are losing a tremendous amount of damage with HE shells without IFHE because they won't penetrate 27mm - 32mm of armor. Hope this helps.

My captain skills are 14 points at the moment and I went in this order:

1. Priority Target

2. Adrenaline Rush

3. Demolition Expert (11% fire chance now without flag and with IFHE)

4. Concealment Expert

5. IFHE

Had to wait a little bit for IFHE but I wanted Concealment Expert more as the detection range of the Kutuzov is kinda high. 12.7km without CE and 11.1km with but my damage output suffered until I finally got IFHE.

Edited by Iron_Myke

Sign in to follow this