You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrandonKF

Kii - Hard Loss, Advice?

6 comments in this topic

Members
594 posts
4,414 battles

No, not my greatest amount of damage, but I feel I was up against very stiff competition. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm most effective on this map. If I go central, I limit my firing arcs, minimize possible incoming, but increasing the opportunities for being torpedoed in close quarters, even with my secondary build.

If I go wide, I'm focused, because hey, Kii is easy to hit a citadel on, and I end up having to fall back.

My only satisfaction in this fight was eliminating the Yueyang once and for all. Had I finished his CVN69 friend off with the torpedoes, perhaps it would have been a different story.

I'm just trying to figure out how I can possibly employ myself as best as I can on this map in particular.

Replay found here: https://replayswows.com/replay/11129

@GM_SeniorChief I congratulate you, but you'll understand if this made me grind my teeth a bit. It's one thing to surrender easily, but when I fight like a ************* demon and just can't finish off my opponent, it's a real bruise.

11129_330_1513213188.jpg

11129_534_1513213188.jpg

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,382 battles
26 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

I see your problem here, it's Tier 10.

That was great. Tier 10 Great White Shark. Tier 8 Really Pissed off Barracuda.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,441 posts
11,693 battles

KII is a sniper. Stay back and abuse her great guns. 

She is most effective beyond 14 km.

[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts

Kii is a good ship. Her armor is both better and worse than Amagi's due to having a thicker belt, but worse turtleback. She bounces shells when angled easier, but she also gets citadelled more often when showing her side. Her guns are slightly less accurate, but her AA is MUCH better than Amagi's. Although her torpedo belt is worse. The two ships are so similar in playstyle, you may as well play them the same. Just be aware of the differences and you'll be fine.

Note: Her artsy camo is *amazing*. With it, she's one of the best XP and credit farming ships in the game.

Members
594 posts
4,414 battles

I bought it because I'm a Gundam fan, and Kobayashi-sama is a legend in his own right. The camo looking good just makes a bonus in itself. I'm still trying to figure out what all the kanji mean. Clearly, he practiced calligraphy, which is wonderful, I'd just like to know what the words associated with it are.

I had a couple losses (survived in both), but ended up brawling a Bismarck after I switched modules in this last fight.

Still came out with great damage after dying to a Mahan.

Replay: https://replayswows.com/replay/11145

11145_508_1513229488.jpg

Edited by BrandonKF