Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

The Bacon not Taken ( a WOWS poem)

8 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,250 posts
8,888 battles

The Bacon not Taken
A WOWS paradoy of "The Road not Taken" by Robert Frost

Two islands blocked me in my Hood 
And as I could not see past both
And be three ships though might I would
I looked past one as far as I could
Was there a DD lurking near?
I shook in fear, and just it were
For it would be a bloody shame
To die a noob for venturing there
For if the path's not clear and fair
I'd wear torpedoes just the same
Still both the islands equally lay
Should I sail forth or just go back,
To live and fight another day?
Confusion caused courage to sway
No wonder then my mood was black
I shall be telling this with sigh
Somewhere in times and ages hence:
Three paths diverged past islands two
I took the wrong one, torps did fly
And now my ship lives in past tense

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles

Snarg. My mouse is hovering over which of these new emogis to hit you with. Ok I'll give you a "cool" one. Next time though when we are opposite sides make your first shot at me just clip me ok. After that well you know we are cool in the forum.

[PSP]
Members
6,250 posts
8,888 battles
15 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Next time though when we are opposite sides make your first shot at me just clip me ok. 

Did I get lucky once and do some significant damage to your ship?

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Did I get lucky once and do some significant damage to your ship?

Laughing here. Yea you sank me twice. First time I was in the Arizona and you plopped about 6 torps in me. I hit you a few times while ducking and weaving. Second time just remember seeing "sunk by" in the results

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

So I gotta ask, Snarg, has this muse of yours only just recently started making you its [edited], or have you been dealing with it for ages now?

Probably the latter; I'd wager you've been composing poetic parodies for years now, just out of sheer boredom. :Smile_trollface:

[PSP]
Members
6,250 posts
8,888 battles
20 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

So I gotta ask, Snarg, has this muse of yours only just recently started making you its [edited], or have you been dealing with it for ages now?

Probably the latter; I'd wager you've been composing poetic parodies for years now, just out of sheer boredom. :Smile_trollface:

People have occasionally told me that I probably couldn't do this or that thing because they never had seen me do them. My reply always to them always was "Just because I don't do something, doesn't mean that I can't do it."

It is well said that what one man can do another man also can do. I think most people have more talents that they realize. What's stopping them is that they just don't try. I've always believed that I could do just about anything that I set my mind to do, and experience has mostly proven this true.

Though I once wrote a poem in college and later wrote another for a girlfriend whose cat had died, the first poem parody I ever wrote was the first Christmas song parody I wrote here.

I sometimes tell people that I have no talent in order be self effacing and not seem a braggart but it's really not true.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,250 posts
8,888 battles

My sister's husband is a mid-level professional western and folk music singer/songwriter. Recently, he opened for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Everyone in the family knows that he can sing. Myself, I almost never sing unless I'm alone driving in my truck. Last Christmas, however, I picked up my brother-in-law's guitar and sang a Marty Robbins' tune. My sister exclaimed "I didn't know you could sing!" Of course, I told her that just because I don't, don't mean I can't.    

Sign in to follow this