abyssofthetriffid

Will the toothless lady be on sale this xmas?

25 comments in this topic

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles

Just wondering if the hopeless hood will be on sale this xmas?

Makes the arizona look half decent.

Any ship sales this xmas?

Thanks from the triffid o darkness.

• Bad 6

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
41 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Makes the arizona look half decent.

Seriously you really think the Arizona is that bad??  Dude the AZ is a really good ship although she may be a bit slow after all shes a tier 6.  Basically a New Mexico class BB.  Frankly the AZ is a great tier 6 ship.  Your comment about the Arizona is absurd sir.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,260 posts
9,987 battles

I have an AZ, and its a very nice ship, 1 of my favorites!:cap_yes:

its very good for completing campaign missions and operation objectives!

• Cool 1

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,079 battles

Did you finally give you on the Krispy Kreme doughnut...ship or was that a different Abyss 

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,429 battles

Triffid, dude I'll agree to an extent the Hood is kinda hard to play. Arizona though loaded up is one mean [edited] if you play her right. PS. When I was a kid "Day of the Triffids" scared the crap out of me. Was afraid of my Grandmothers rose garden. Salt Water took care of them though!

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hood is a good ship, she's got great speed, great HP, and hilarious close range firepower. Her guns can be wonky, but they turn fast, have the shorter fuse timers, and can overmatch.

• Cool 1

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
59 minutes ago, justdags said:

Did you finally give you on the Krispy Kreme doughnut...ship or was that a different Abyss 

As i said before ive been up the mountains but i did take my krasny out for 1 battle.

3 kills

a win

top table

:)

The triffid film was scary but birds and body snatchers are worse

Members
52 posts
2,671 battles

I like the Hoody. I even like the Warspite. 

Sure she's not the Bismarck, nor does she have the graceful lines of the Yamato, but it's fun ship to play. 

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,616 battles
On 12/13/2017 at 6:50 PM, abyssofthetriffid said:

Was i? well least she tried to hit something with her guns before blowing up.

What in the hell are you trying to say, here???  Are you really mocking the Arizona crew...1,177 of which died in that attack?  An attack, by the way, that was made before any declaration of war and was completely unexpected?

You should try to remember that you are talking about a real event that involved real human beings.  That event was not a part of your little video game.  I have thick skin, but I find your flippant attitude about this very real ship and crew to be disgusting.  Bloody hell, man, show some damned RESPECT for the dead.  I don't give a damn which navy or which event that resulted in loss of life...all of them deserve to be treated with reverent respect for the duty they did for their nations. 

I know you like to troll, but this is a vile new low for you.  I'm ashamed for you.  Unbelievable.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[PT73]
Members
21 posts

Will Hood ever  be bundled with a multi-point captain? Then I’d buy her! 

EDIT - got my Hood in a Santa box - with 10 point Captain ! Nice!:Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Solomo

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles
6 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

What in the hell are you trying to say, here???  Are you really mocking the Arizona crew...1,177 of which died in that attack?  An attack, by the way, that was made before any declaration of war and was completely unexpected?

You should try to remember that you are talking about a real event that involved real human beings.  That event was not a part of your little video game.  I have thick skin, but I find your flippant attitude about this very real ship and crew to be disgusting.  Bloody hell, man, show some damned RESPECT for the dead.  I don't give a damn which navy or which event that resulted in loss of life...all of them deserve to be treated with reverent respect for the duty they did for their nations. 

I know you like to troll, but this is a vile new low for you.  I'm ashamed for you.  Unbelievable.

First of all A: hes not talking about the arizona idiot.... hes talking about the hood. 

Secondly: you should know that it wasnt technically an attack without the declaration of war. The japanese declared a few hours before the attack it but it got delayed in translation.

thirdly: you dont have the right to just attack him like that dude. He said nothing wrong. "At least she tired to hit something before she blew up" oh wait true statement cpnsidering there was a unfortunate magazine detonation. He was merely stating a event that occured in history. And if anyone is going lor its calling him out that you know nothing about

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,616 battles
4 hours ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

First of all A: hes not talking about the arizona idiot.... hes talking about the hood. 

Secondly: you should know that it wasnt technically an attack without the declaration of war. The japanese declared a few hours before the attack it but it got delayed in translation.

thirdly: you dont have the right to just attack him like that dude. He said nothing wrong. "At least she tired to hit something before she blew up" oh wait true statement cpnsidering there was a unfortunate magazine detonation. He was merely stating a event that occured in history. And if anyone is going lor its calling him out that you know nothing about

Thank you so much for your input, constructive as it was.  Although I found his post to be in poor taste, I still didn't resort to name calling.  Pity you couldn't be mature enough to do the same when you decided to jump in and ridicule me. 

"First of all", let's review this...he was talking about the Hood being better than Arizona.  It was an in-game comparison and I have absolutely no issues with that.  Then he mentions Arizona (the real one) blowing up in port:

On 12/13/2017 at 6:33 PM, abyssofthetriffid said:

Very slow in fact it blew up in port while docked.

I'm not sure if that is an attempt at humor?  It is ambiguous enough, so whatever.  He goes on to say this about the Hood, RiverTheIdiot, but is mocking Arizona:

On 12/13/2017 at 6:50 PM, abyssofthetriffid said:

Was i? well least she tried to hit something with her guns before blowing up.

The statement implies the Arizona crew were somehow inferior to Hood's since her main guns were silent when she blew up, killing 1,177.  It is absurd, and disrespectful.  So, now that I have slowed things down for you, you see that he was, indeed, talking about Arizona.  Right?  Because I don't think I can slow things down any more than that, but if you need further help catching up, I will try.

"Secondly", you say an attack isn't an "attack" without a declaration of war?  Really?  What do you call it, then.  An "exercise"?  The Japanese didn't 'declare' anything if they told no one.  It was their intent to make the declaration 1/2 hour before the attack.  The Japanese failed to have that declaration delivered prior to the attack.  Intent or not, no declaration was made until one hour after the attack.  Or exercise.  Or "event", or whatever you think the ATTACK was.

"Thirdly", I haven't declared war on abyssofthetriffid, so by your own definition I did not "attack" him.  When talking about events that involve the death of human beings, one should be reverent and respectful.  It is called decency.  Criticize the in-game ships to your heart's content, but once you start making references to the real ship, the real crew, and real events, it shows class and maturity to respect their fates.

4 hours ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

And if anyone is going lor its calling him out that you know nothing about

Um...what?  Something about calling him out...but the sentence is gibberish and doesn't make sense.  What are you implying I "know nothing about"?

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles
9 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Thank you so much for your input, constructive as it was.  Although I found his post to be in poor taste, I still didn't resort to name calling.  Pity you couldn't be mature enough to do the same when you decided to jump in and ridicule me. 

"First of all", let's review this...he was talking about the Hood being better than Arizona.  It was an in-game comparison and I have absolutely no issues with that.  Then he mentions Arizona (the real one) blowing up in port:

I'm not sure if that is an attempt at humor?  It is ambiguous enough, so whatever.  He goes on to say this about the Hood, RiverTheIdiot, but is mocking Arizona:

The statement implies the Arizona crew were somehow inferior to Hood's since her main guns were silent when she blew up, killing 1,177.  It is absurd, and disrespectful.  So, now that I have slowed things down for you, you see that he was, indeed, talking about Arizona.  Right?  Because I don't think I can slow things down any more than that, but if you need further help catching up, I will try.

"Secondly", you say an attack isn't an "attack" without a declaration of war?  Really?  What do you call it, then.  An "exercise"?  The Japanese didn't 'declare' anything if they told no one.  It was their intent to make the declaration 1/2 hour before the attack.  The Japanese failed to have that declaration delivered prior to the attack.  Intent or not, no declaration was made until one hour after the attack.  Or exercise.  Or "event", or whatever you think the ATTACK was.

"Thirdly", I haven't declared war on abyssofthetriffid, so by your own definition I did not "attack" him.  When talking about events that involve the death of human beings, one should be reverent and respectful.  It is called decency.  Criticize the in-game ships to your heart's content, but once you start making references to the real ship, the real crew, and real events, it shows class and maturity to respect their fates.

Um...what?  Something about calling him out...but the sentence is gibberish and doesn't make sense.  What are you implying I "know nothing about"?

well if your going to make a post. at least make sure you quote the right one

Members
1 post

Desmo - you’re clearly triggered, but the comment about pointing guns and firing before blowing up does not reflect on the Arizona crew unless you choose to read it like that. It is very possible - likely even - that the comment was directed at the circumstance and situation of the two detonations (ability to fight back vs surprise) rather than at skill competence.

And quite honestly, it’s been over 75 years - and numerous humourous movies and skits have been made about World War 2 events and actors (Mel Brooks / Monty Python). You may have some overly sensitized connection to the Arizona or some kind of hyper nationalism, but it’s certainly not sacrilege now to make a joke that involves the ship or the attack - particularly one that does not mock the crew. 

[E-WAR]
Members
21 posts
3,160 battles

Regarding post #13:  We already know what people like desmo have done to society IRL.  Mods, please permanently remove desmo before he and people with attitudes like him impose the same kind of stifling culture on your boards. 

Edited by badperson

[WGA]
[WGA]
1,117 posts
3,388 battles

Posting a reminder to keep things civil. This will be locked if this sort of posting continues and sanctions given.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,268 posts
3,860 battles

Hood is not the easiest battleship to play. The speed is easy to forget about and you overextend. The AP is not the finest but its workable if you know how to hit weaker parts of ships, DFAA means you might get hurt but they won't be coming back. 
I refuse to believe she is a toothless lady.

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,616 battles
On 12/17/2017 at 10:59 AM, AlTergoHalifax said:

And quite honestly, it’s been over 75 years - and numerous humourous movies and skits have been made about World War 2 events and actors (Mel Brooks / Monty Python). You may have some overly sensitized connection to the Arizona or some kind of hyper nationalism...

I had a grandfather who crewed an AA gun in the US Navy during WWII, and my other grandfather served in the Army Air Force during WWII.  My dad served in the US Army during the Vietnam War.  I served in the US Navy from '88-'94.  My son is in the US Navy and is currently deployed over seas.  So, yes, I suppose I have a connection that makes me sensitive when someone who hasn't served shows a lack of respect for those who gave their lives while doing so.  Time has no effect on the respect that should be given.  I have no problems with comedies set during a war era, as long as they don't try to make a specific, somber historical event funny.

21 hours ago, badperson said:

Regarding post #13:  We already know what people like desmo have done to society IRL.  Mods, please permanently remove desmo before he and people with attitudes like him impose the same kind of stifling culture on your boards. 

People like me?  What kind of people is that?  I have re-read my posts trying to figure out what I have said that makes you believe I should be "permanently removed" from the forum.  What "stifling culture" am I imposing?  Is asking people to show respect for dead soldiers and sailors really that egregious for you? 

[NGA]
[NGA]
Members
316 posts
4,712 battles
32 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

People like me?  What kind of people is that?  I have re-read my posts trying to figure out what I have said that makes you believe I should be "permanently removed" from the forum.  What "stifling culture" am I imposing?  Is asking people to show respect for dead soldiers and sailors really that egregious for you? 

Basically, they want to be able to say "Arizona/Hood *insert detonation joke here* #LOLROFLCOPTER" without being reminded thousands of men were killed in some rather horrible ways because you are ruining their fun.

[E-WAR]
Members
21 posts
3,160 battles
On 12/18/2017 at 12:13 PM, desmo_2 said:

Is asking people to show respect for dead soldiers and sailors really that egregious for you? 

Consider I've served and you haven't, you aren't in a position to make that call.  And your concept of "showing respect" is pathological.

[O_O]
Members
4,432 posts
9,616 battles
1 hour ago, badperson said:

Consider I've served and you haven't, you aren't in a position to make that call.

Reading comprehension fail.  Go back and try again.