You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Annoying people in chat

31 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles

And your point is what, exactly.....?

[RESP]
Beta Testers
889 posts
7,147 battles

You don't like hearing sage advice from the sunk Captain who was obviously a genius tactician?

How about the guy who offers "constructive criticism" about your gameplay in order to elevate your game to new heights?

And my favorite of them all, the Captain who was going to carry the team to victory IF it wasn't because of subpar play by teammates?

• Funny 4

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles

MUTED and my usual comment after that is REPORTED lolz.  But fully agree.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

who pays attention to side chat       if they focus on the match more and less on side chat, they will do better  :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

If the chat bothers you, it is probably because it struck a note and hit home.  Otherwise it is just nonsense to be ignored. 

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Well...

If, after getting killed in battle, I see a teammate doing something obviously stupid, I'm going to point it out. It doesn't take a unicum to see that.

• Bad 1

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Well...

If, after getting killed in battle, I see a teammate doing something obviously stupid, I'm going to point it out. It doesn't take a unicum to see that.

I actually stopped doing that.  I developed a mild case of Carpal Tunnel syndrome typing all of that out.   

[-GPS-]
Members
2,539 posts
25,060 battles
8 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I actually stopped doing that.  I developed a mild case of Carpal Tunnel syndrome typing all of that out.   

If there is something I can add that has a chance of securing victory, I usually say it. However, it needs to be clear and constructive. 

I don’t always succeed in meeting this standard...

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Here's the thing: I also make it a point now to comment on good things that happen. Typing is fun... ;)

• Cool 2

[WFR]
Members
433 posts
55 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

They're annoying.

I can mute them but by then I'm already annoyed.   Lol

nothing worse than a sunken armchair admiral! 

49 minutes ago, Stampz said:

You don't like hearing sage advice from the sunk Captain who was obviously a genius tactician?

How about the guy who offers "constructive criticism" about your gameplay in order to elevate your game to new heights?

And my favorite of them all, the Captain who was going to carry the team to victory IF it wasn't because of subpar play by teammates?

i'd give you at least one upboat, but uhhhh they're gone now lol.

Edited by SinisterSe7en

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
22 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

In Aslains modpack, there's a mod to turn chat off.

You don't have to specifically turn it off using Aslains mod pack.  There is an option extremely small if you hit Tab and then control button on the chat box there is a little X that you can close the chat I do not have a screen shot f this but it's there.

Members
4 posts
5,336 battles

Global chat does not serve any purpose other than to distract your team from focusing on the task at hand. Disabling chat altogether works against those who use it constructively for coordinating teamwork.

For the love of Red October, PLEASE GET RID OF GLOBAL CHAT!!!

99% of what comes across from the other team is useless and has no bearing on the game. The 1% are those asking for support to complain against a team killer, or offer up sportsmanlike comments like 'good luck' or 'good game'.

[PSP]
Members
6,283 posts
8,912 battles
56 minutes ago, Stampz said:

Actually, under some circumstances, the "ghost" of a player can be of great benefit if his teammates listen to him and not be obstinate. Flying over the waves, I can easily get behind an enemy ship and see just where the shells are landing in relation to it. There are several times when I've helped a teammate walk his shells into a non-detected ship that was firing from smoke or from behind an island. I also keep my eyes on the minimap for flashes of ships that appear and quickly disappear and that the team might have missed. 

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
56 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Actually, under some circumstances, the "ghost" of a player can be of great benefit if his teammates listen to him and not be obstinate. Flying over the waves, I can easily get behind an enemy ship and see just where the shells are landing in relation to it. There are several times when I've helped a teammate walk his shells into a non-detected ship that was firing from smoke or from behind an island. I also keep my eyes on the minimap for flashes of ships that appear and quickly disappear and that the team might have missed. 

For the love of poi, this. :cap_viking:

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,400 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

focus on the match more and less on side chat, they will do better  :cap_rambo:

Oh Man, Ghostdogs freaking picked quote of the day. Well said centarina brother. I'm going to throw one of these cute little "cool" emogis at you and send you one of these annoying Anime girl captains. She does really good back rubs but she can be annoying.

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
165 posts
3,700 battles

As a total new player I've received some much appreciated advice and guidance from ghost captains.  Usually it's because I've lost some situational awareness and just needed a push in the right direction.  I'm not including the friendly person that suggested  I was an a**hole and should uninstall. 

But to see the welcome advice, I have to keep an eye on chat which definitely can be mind numbing. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

What annoys me are the people who constantly ask for AA support, even when there isn't a plane within 40 km of them. I don't report many people, but I report those people.

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles

And here I came here looking for your hints and suggestions on how you annoyed people....

Not the other way around...