Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VonSmallHausenn

just don`t get the amount of credit and xp given for a battle

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts

Not long ago,i have had the same question,about how wargaming rewards the players for a match. From time to time,it just doesn't make any sense,,how big,or how small reward(credit,xp)is given for a match played. Here is the next,,i would like to hear ,somebody explains it to me,how is this possible  ?

 

 

 

 

2017.12.13-17.39.png

2017.12.13-17.39_01.png

2017.12.13-17.39_02.png

2017.12.13-17.39_03.png

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Damaged and / or sunk either equal tier or lower vessels... Few shell hits... no caps... no premium time... unsure about camo.

 

Are you surprised at how much you got? Or how little? 

 

 

Edited by ENO75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts

how little credit was given,,,,sinking 2 ships,high % of the HP on both,,same tier,Should not be a lot more credit given for that? I just don't get it. Sometimes i can get the same amount ,pretty much doing nothing,, It was explained to me before,,that the higher damage percentage you get of a ship,more credit is given. But a lot of times,i just damage  ships,not more then like 20-30% of the total HP,,yet ,got rewarded a lot more credits?? I just really,really would love to know,,how it is exactly calculated? Why it`s not stated after the match at the xp and credit page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
3 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I gave up on ever trying to figure it out and instead focused on how well I played.

..yes..you are right. I know. Just don`t get it y is it a big secret? ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

there are points for  capping , preventing it,    tier difference etc.   top tier means less credit overall.    if you were bottom tiered, you would get lot more.   in general though, it is %  of dmg.  BB  depends on how many heal he used.   I frequently tank 1.2 mil in my t9 BBs (or more on fdg)  so you could only have done bit over 1 ship's worth of dmg. this is why shooting at dd is more profitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,367
[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles

This is a LONG read, and mostly about scouting to generate EXP, but it does give details on other things like how kills and percents of damage can change things.

 

The 3 biggest things to take away from your actual post is this though
1 - You did a ton of damage, but mostly to a battleship. High damage to battleships doesn't give very good EXP since battleships have a lot of HP, so it takes a LOT of damage on BBs to equal like 35000 damage to cruisers or destroyers

2 - You did the lion's share of the damage to things the same tier as you. Shooting higher tier ships really pays off - literally.  The gain from attacking ships that are stronger than you is substantial.

3 - It's all about the bonuses. You're on a standard account running no EXP boosting flags or camo. You didn't get a 1st win bonus or any kind of event bonus. I'm guessing you probably also had no bonuses for increased credit income either. Compare your result to this HMS Hood result. I got about 40% of my credits from bonuses from flags. I got 2/3 of my EXP from bonuses from flags and events, and I got 9/10ths of my commander's exp from flags/event bonuses. Yes, that was a premium ship with a premium account, but the take away here is look at the modifiers,  and compare the difference after modifiers are added, not at the over all numbers.

kIMbUPw.png

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
3 minutes ago, centarina said:

there are points for  capping , preventing it,    tier difference etc.   top tier means less credit overall.    if you were bottom tiered, you would get lot more.   in general though, it is %  of dmg.  BB  depends on how many heal he used.   I frequently tank 1.2 mil in my t9 BBs (or more on fdg)  so you could only have done bit over 1 ship's worth of dmg. this is why shooting at dd is more profitable.

yeah,higher tier economy sure sucks. I can get more credits than this ,any time with my Graf Spee,,easily,without sinking anything,,,,just doing around 40k damage overall...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles

Rewards like credits and XP aren't based on raw damage numbers. Its the % HP taken away from enemy ships. In your screenshot, the vast majority of your damage came from some pretty healthy battleships, which, despite leading to a high damage number, lowered the "value" of that damage. 

So if you want an example, if you do 20k to a destroyer, that damage is worth far more than doing 20k to a battleship. Doing that much to a destroyer will usually take away at least 90% of their HP. Doing that will hand out very nice rewards. Meanwhile doing that much to a battleship will take away about 15-25% of their HP (at least at the upper tiers), so that will lead to less rewards as compared to DDs

Taking away 90% of the HP off of a destroyer will net you the exact same rewards as taking away 90% of the HP off a battleship, even though the BB nets you significantly more damage done. Want more rewards? Shoot at squishy destroyers and cruisers more than you shoot at battleships. By all means, if a BB makes a target out of themselves, then it would be rude to not take a shot or two at them, but focus on the higher value targets like DDs and CLs/CAs if you want more credits and XP out of your matches. Neptune is especially good at that with its semi-AP rounds.

Ship tiers also make a difference. Taking away 90% of a tier VII DDs HP will net less rewards than taking away 90% of the HP of a tier IX DD if you are in a tier VIII ship, for instance. If you damage ships that are a higher tier than your own, you get more rewards. Lower tiers = less rewards.

Ribbons such as base captures, base defended, destroyed, etc are also worth a fair amount of XP. A kill ribbon will net you profit as if you take away 15% (iirc) of the destroyed ships HP, so that one isn't as valuable as many make it out to be. Base caps (unassisted especially) and defenses are worth for more than kills in terms of rewards.

After all this you can factor in modifiers such as premium account, 1st win bonus, signal flags, etc

Hope this helps!

Edited by FireAndHEspam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles
4 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

yeah,higher tier economy sure sucks. I can get more credits than this ,any time with my Graf Spee,,easily,without sinking anything,,,,just doing around 40k damage overall...

 

Graf Spee and all premium ships do earn 50% more credits by default, ya know

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
771
[MIA-A]
Members
2,115 posts
6,769 battles

I've wanted to build up enough datapoints to do a regression analysis and reverse engineer the formula, heh. 

 

But I'm lazy and don't care that much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
6 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Rewards like credits and XP aren't based on raw damage numbers. Its the % HP taken away from enemy ships. In your screenshot, the vast majority of your damage came from some pretty healthy battleships, which, despite leading to a high damage number, lowered the "value" of that damage. 

So if you want an example, if you do 20k to a destroyer, that damage is worth far more than doing 20k to a battleship. Doing that much to a destroyer will usually take away at least 90% of their HP. Doing that will hand out very nice rewards. Meanwhile doing that much to a battleship will take away about 15-25% of their HP (at least at the upper tiers), so that will lead to less rewards as compared to DDs

Taking away 90% of the HP off of a destroyer will net you the exact same rewards as taking away 90% of the HP off a battleship, even though the BB nets you significantly more damage done. Want more rewards? Shoot at squishy destroyers and cruisers more than you shoot at battleships. By all means, if a BB makes a target out of themselves, then it would be rude to not take a shot or two at them, but focus on the higher value targets like DDs and CLs/CAs if you want more credits and XP out of your matches. Neptune is especially good at that with its semi-AP rounds.

Ship tiers also make a difference. Taking away 90% of a tier VII DDs HP will net less rewards than taking away 90% of the HP of a tier IX DD if you are in a tier VIII ship, for instance. If you damage ships that are a higher tier than your own, you get more rewards. Lower tiers = less rewards.

Ribbons such as base captures, base defended, destroyed, etc are also worth a fair amount of XP. A kill ribbon will net you profit as if you take away 15% (iirc) of the destroyed ships HP, so that one isn't as valuable as many make it out to be. Base caps (unassisted especially) and defenses are worth for more than kills in terms of rewards.

After all this you can factor in modifiers such as premium account, 1st win bonus, signal flags, etc

Hope this helps!

iowa:78k thats about 100% or not? Der Grobe:61k that`s like 80% of total?  So i would say the HP % taken away was very high,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
5 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I've wanted to build up enough datapoints to do a regression analysis and reverse engineer the formula, heh. 

 

But I'm lazy and don't care that much...

they also have a modifier for different ships.    :D    so, it would take lot of ships to come up with any type of average.  too much work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
21 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Graf Spee and all premium ships do earn 50% more credits by default, ya know

 

you are right of course. Got the thing from the spee mission for free,,so i never really counted  it as a premium ship ,,,,, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles
11 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

iowa:78k thats about 100% or not? Der Grobe:61k that`s like 80% of total?  So i would say the HP % taken away was very high,,

iirc it takes the total amount of HP any ship had taken thru the entire match to calculate the rewards. Chances are that they both had the chance to hit their repairs at least 2-3 times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles
1 minute ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

you are right of course. Got the thing from the spee mission for free,,so i never really counted  it as a premium ship ,,,,, 

it still gives you premium benefits nonetheless. Whether you got it for free or not, its a premium ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
3 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

iirc it takes the total amount of HP any ship had taken thru the entire match to calculate the rewards. Chances are that they both had the chance to hit their repairs at least 2-3 times

? Both sunk by me  at the beginning of the game,,,,,so they were using their repairs once...total.

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles
1 minute ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

? Both sunk in the beginning of the game,,,,,so they were using their repairs once...total.

Was still enough to down your rewards a little. I've believed this is how things worked for a good long while now and I've yet to really see anything suggesting otherwise soooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
1 minute ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Was still enough to down your rewards a little. I've believed this is how things worked for a good long while now and I've yet to really see anything suggesting otherwise soooo

yes,i know.it was explained to me,,that`s why i was surprised on the amount i was given. I`m pretty sure ,that  i have got that iowa if not 100% ,than very close to it,,and the german bb was very high too. And it turned the tide to our team too,so i was very pleased...until the end, when i saw the scoreboard.,,,. was a good game. Usually i don`t give a damn about credits and xp,,,,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
396
[ZR]
Members
960 posts
11,286 battles
19 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

yes,i know.it was explained to me,,that`s why i was surprised on the amount i was given. I`m pretty sure ,that  i have got that iowa if not 100% ,than very close to it,,and the german bb was very high too. And it turned the tide to our team too,so i was very pleased...until the end, when i saw the scoreboard.,,,. was a good game. Usually i don`t give a damn about credits and xp,,,,,

And you got rewarded for that.  Do better and you will get more.  Get some confederates and high calibers and there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
3 hours ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

? Both sunk by me  at the beginning of the game,,,,,so they were using their repairs once...total.

Well, I think that's part of the issue then. Your impact on the match was a brilliant flash in the pan. But you didn't live long enough to accrue much potential damage, spotting damage, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles

Credits come from how much xp you earned.

Esentially, you are complaining that you did not get more xp than the guy above you that sunk only 1 ship, but yet you were ahead of 3 ships that had the same amount of kills or more. What do you think their credits looked like.

 

But yes, I'm sick of it all being hidden in secrecy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF5]
Members
279 posts
9 hours ago, cometguy said:

Well, I think that's part of the issue then. Your impact on the match was a brilliant flash in the pan. But you didn't live long enough to accrue much potential damage, spotting damage, etc.

actually,if u check the summary pages,,it was like 26k damage upon spotting,and a 1000k potential damage,,so was not bad at all.was running radar setup,that's why i was so close to the cap (in the cap)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

you made a profit in t9 with standard account and almost no flag/camo.        that takes an above average match anyway to break even at t9 due to cost, so  I don't see a problem.  1600 base XP is normal for  farming BBs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×