You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
anonym_QOibb7dMvRGh

Ports

12 comments in this topic

Members
557 posts

I enjoy the new ports WG adds to the game, and look forward to the Hamburg port being put in.

What would make these ports even better, well not the ports themselves per se, would be the ability to assign ports to ships.

Have my German ships in Hamburg, British in London, French in Dunkirk, you get the idea.

I imagine being able to assign a port to a specific ship might be impractical, but perhaps assign a nations ships to their national ports.

Just a thought.

Happy Holiday! Good luck and fair seas!

• Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
12 minutes ago, Zapp_Branigan said:

I enjoy the new ports WG adds to the game, and look forward to the Hamburg port being put in.

What would make these ports even better, well not the ports themselves per se, would be the ability to assign ports to ships.

Have my German ships in Hamburg, British in London, French in Dunkirk, you get the idea.

I imagine being able to assign a port to a specific ship might be impractical, but perhaps assign a nations ships to their national ports.

Just a thought.

Happy Holiday! Good luck and fair seas!

That is a great idea.

[-K-]
Supertester
1,853 posts
7,390 battles

Only issue I see is the long loading times while ports are being switched as you select ships. You can already see how long it takes by manually switching ports.

Edited by GoldPile
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
5 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

Only issue I see is the long loading times while ports are being switched as you select ships. You can already see how long it takes by manually switching ports.

That's a good point. :(

Members
557 posts
23 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

Is that really an issue though?

Have we grown that impatient?

[--K--]
Members
6,600 posts
14,368 battles
27 minutes ago, Zapp_Branigan said:

Is that really an issue though?

Have we grown that impatient?

Yes, when was the last time you heard someone complain about the wait at the drive through... Or internet speed, or computer startup time or.... 

We live in an impatient, selfish society

Members
557 posts
21 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Yes, when was the last time you heard someone complain about the wait at the drive through... Or internet speed, or computer startup time or.... 

We live in an impatient, selfish society

Well, people don't have to use the feature if they don't want.

[--K--]
Members
6,600 posts
14,368 battles
3 minutes ago, Zapp_Branigan said:

Well, people don't have to use the feature if they don't want.

Yep, agreed, I was only responding to your direct questions about people's impatience

[SLDS]
Members
776 posts
5,654 battles

Sorry for coming into this discussion a bit late (by a year apparently), but one feature I'd like to see about ports would be for them to change over the course of the year.  In winter, you get snow (if appropriate), or holidays, or other.  Make them more dynamic.  I realize that most people don't like staying in the ports very long, but making them more dynamic would improve that, especially if there is eventually some sort of planning or strategy feature added.