You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Barry100_

New player

29 comments in this topic

[CURSE]
Members
29 posts
1,583 battles

Good day to all from VA, USA.   I heard about this game in the in game chat of the competitors air game.  Also saw YouTube vids from the MightyJingles.

I'm going to stay at the appropriate level for my skill, and totally enjoy myself!

The ships look realistic and beautiful, love the choice of ports.

• Cool 4

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,829 battles

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on broadside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls. For any thing else use search or just ask.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 
See you top side.

P.s. the Youtube channels of iChase, Notser, Flamu, Lord Zath Replay Theater and even the Mighty Jingles has really good content for WoWs. The more you learn the better a captain you will become and the less you will be surprised. Also reading Patch notes is useful.

[TBW]
Members
6,409 posts
12,057 battles
13 minutes ago, Barry100_ said:

Good day to all from VA, USA.   I heard about this game in the in game chat of the competitors air game.  Also saw YouTube vids from the MightyJingles.

I'm going to stay at the appropriate level for my skill, and totally enjoy myself!

Maybe this will help you

https://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/invite/xxEVbe1

It's free ships and stuff welcome aboard.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
15 minutes ago, Barry100_ said:

Welcome to the game and forums may you have fun and have a good laugh.  If you ever feel sad just hop onto the forums there is always a laugh to be had, mainly from this thread.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles

Oh and @RivertheRoyal turns out getting a 'Cool' emoji brings up your reputation like the old up votes as you can tell from @Barry100_'s account. (sorry for using you like a guinea pig @Barry100_ but the question had been raised earlier and you happened to provide proof for the answer).

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
729 posts
11,948 battles

Welcome, Barry100_!

Here's hoping you continue to enjoy the game for a long, long, time! If you have questions, these forums are a great resource. Also, there is a link at the bottom of my signature that offers some friendly advice to any new player.

Fair winds and following seas, brother!

Am

[OPEC]
Members
946 posts
5,108 battles

Welcome to WoWS!  It's a great game - even when the match making is not in your favor (you will see complaints about it every day on the boards).  The transition to tier V will be a bit rough, so I'd recommend to spend a bit of time in tier III and IV until you feel comfortable with moving on.

Have fun!

Edited by delp5117

1,266 posts
13 battles

Welcome aboard! I agree, the graphics and ships in this game are absolutely gorgeous. Please let us know if you need anything. :)

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,239 posts
9,942 battles

Welcome! if you need help don't be afraid to ask!

........unless its about subs of course!:Smile_hiding:

1,542 posts
26 battles

Welcome to the land of sexy ships and sarcastic sailors, @Barry100_! If you need any help or advice just let us know! :D Had any great games yet that you'd like to share?

Members
31 posts
285 battles

Relatively new.

I've made posts like this before, but now I know what types of ships I want. I absolutely hate using torpedoes, but I like fast ships. I like fast firing guns, thick armor, and tankiness. Does any line check most of these boxes?

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 5:07 PM, Americandude_2017 said:

Relatively new.

I've made posts like this before, but now I know what types of ships I want. I absolutely hate using torpedoes, but I like fast ships. I like fast firing guns, thick armor, and tankiness. Does any line check most of these boxes?

Hmmm... Russian DDs maybe. They're less about torpedoes and more about their guns. Quite short ranged torps, very fast- small cruisers without citadels. You'd want to go the Khab route- again less about torps. I wouldn't say "thick" armour... but they're pretty resilient. 

Another option might be US Cruisers. Not heavy armour per se but as the line gets closer to split it would be good for you to get your foot in the door!

Edited by Gascan75

[H_]
Members
232 posts
7,253 battles
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, Barry100_ said:

Welcome Aboard from another Sailor from VA,  Central VA here, Midlothian area.  Yep no need to rush up through the tree, lot's of folks even when they do go all the way up end up coming down to the lower levels to have fun. 

Get to where you are comfortable and enjoy.

Members
31 posts
285 battles
1 hour ago, ENO75 said:

Hmmm... Russian DDs maybe. They're less about torpedoes and more about their guns. Quite short ranged torps, very fast- small cruisers without citadels. You'd want to go the Khab route- again less about torps. I wouldn't say "thick" armour... but they're pretty resilient. 

Another option might be US Cruisers. Not heavy armour per se but as the line gets closer to split it would be good for you to get your foot in the door. 

Thanks for the great information! I’ll probably start with these two and then try some others. Also, I can’t wait to try carriers. Their gameplay tickles my fancy.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
44 minutes ago, Americandude_2017 said:

Thanks for the great information! I’ll probably start with these two and then try some others. Also, I can’t wait to try carriers. Their gameplay tickles my fancy.

It's not for everyone but some folks who are used to that perspective do really well in them! 

[CAST]
Members
1,428 posts
5,968 battles

I'm just up I95 from you in MD, welcome aboard!  For the most part this is a friendly and relaxed community, at least compared to most online gaming.  The same goes for the forums, and there is a veritable treasure trove of information locked away in these threads.

Also wanted to add one more YouTuber to the list: Yuro.  He doesn't upload very often anymore and most of his "how to" stuff has become outdated due to game updates, but it's still wonderfully edited and absolutely hilarious.

I was going to warn you about how addictive the game can be, but I see you've already racked up over 200 battles so.... :Smile_teethhappy:

[AK]
Beta Testers
320 posts
2,122 battles

Welcome to it. Been stationed in VA a couple of times now!  Enjoy the game, it can be a ton of fun :)