You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

Edinburgh Captain

6 comments in this topic

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
379 posts
18,317 battles

I have 4 undistributed points on my 16 point captain.  I plan on moving him to the Neptune when I finish this grind. I am currently running PT, EM, AR, SUP, and CE on him. How would you use the next 4 points? Or how would you set up a 16 point captain? 

Thanks

Members
1,076 posts
5,972 battles
1 hour ago, gillhunter said:

I have 4 undistributed points on my 16 point captain.  I plan on moving him to the Neptune when I finish this grind. I am currently running PT, EM, AR, SUP, and CE on him. How would you use the next 4 points? Or how would you set up a 16 point captain? 

Thanks

My first twelve points are the same as yours, and I added RDF for mine, as I primarily use my Neptune for destroyer hunting. Did it with Edinburgh, too. My Edinburgh winrate is only 47%+, but I finished out my time in it strong with the RDF skill added in, probably winning 65% of my final 20 battles. The skill does help some in early cap contests, but seems to be of most use to me later in battles, when the number of battleships is thinned ou,t and the enemy is more spread out. At those times, you can track down DDs and stealthy cruisers that are on loner missions to grab your caps.

That's for PvP battles. If you play only co-ops, the Reds generally come to you, and the points could go elsewhere.

I see only now that you have nearly 13,000 battles. Maybe you ought to be giving me advice.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
Punctuation, tighter grammar

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
379 posts
18,317 battles

I was thinking about RFD. I just an old retired guy that plays low tiers a lot. LOL.

Members
1,076 posts
5,972 battles
37 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

I was thinking about RFD. I just an old retired guy that plays low tiers a lot. LOL.

If I go on to the Minotaur, and bring that captain along, I could see myself taking away the Expert Marksman skill, since the Minotaur's turrets rotate so quickly without the skill.

I'm not sure where I would go with those two skill points, though. The captain is Jack Dunkirk, so maybe they would go to Smoke Screen Expert, since that is one of his special skills.

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
2 hours ago, gillhunter said:

Thanks

gillhunter, i suggest checking out the following site as a place to investigate captain skill builds.  There's a pulldown menu listing all of the existing ships, which then lists out various builds in order of popularity.  Then you can check out what builds people think are the best.  It's a good starting point for this sort of question, and I use it often.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc

[WOLFB]
Members
149 posts
5,582 battles
On 12/13/2017 at 2:08 PM, gillhunter said:

Thanks

Before the smoke changes, my Edinburgh was at around 65% WR. Now it's at 56%. When I went to Neptune and Minotaur, I found them remarkably confusing. The 'tune is at 45% and the Mino is at a horrid 35%. So for what I say next, keep in this in mind. Large grain of salt, caveat emptor, whatever...

On the Edinburgh I run PT, PM, JOAT, Survivor, Super, and CE - 14 points. 

On the Minotaur I run, PT, PM, JOAT, BFT, Super, and CE - 14 points.

JOAT helps get those ever necessary consumables up a wee bit faster. On these ships, I think that's really important. If you have the flag, you can run about 25 or 30 seconds between smoke charges.

Super keeps them coming, and I run premium consumables so I have 4 of everything. The 'tune and Mino are so fragile, that I don't want to go far without my consumables. CE doesn't help the Neptune too much, I admit. I ran both with radar for a while, and CE was absolutely necessary in that configuration.

EM doesn't help so much in either T9 or T10 RN CLs. The turret traverse is USN DD fast in Mino, and very quick in Neptune. AR is also overkill - Again, USN DD fast reloads on Mino, and very quick on the 'tune. 

For the extra two points I'd hang on for a third and get BFT. I've shot down a ton of planes in both ships.

Again, just my opinion. Edinburgh is my favorite ship in the game, but I have really struggled with the wretched old Neptune, and I don't think I'll ever love the Minotaur. 

• Cool 1