You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

12 Days of Christmas and no Santa Boxes...sad.

43 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,609 posts
6,769 battles

As we are officially into the 12 days of xmas, it looks like all of our questions have been answered...no Santa Boxes.  Several things strike me as being very sad about this.

Players that did not know about it or did not participate in years past will not get the chance to do so this year.

Players that have participated in the event will not get the chance to do so again.

And the most saddest part of it...is after all the questions about whether or not it was going to happen this year, has been the complete silence from WG in responding in any way shape or form.  Perhaps I missed it, but all I have heard from WG is crickets.

Here's a clue WG, any type of response, good or bad, would be more respectful, helpful, and courteous than the constant silent treatment that you seem to follow on questions that many seem to have an interest in.

If...I missed some sort of a response some where, my bad.

• Bad 1

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
170 posts
8,597 battles

And you are aware the 12 days of Christmas refers to the 12 days *after* Christmas,  right?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
1,459 posts
12,365 battles

Next week, whatever 2017 version of Santa Containers will start, hopefully player base does not have too high expectations for it, or the forum will be flaming....

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,850 posts
9,604 battles
4 minutes ago, TheBigM145 said:

And you are aware the 12 days of Christmas refers to the 12 days *after* Christmas,  right?

Yup, easiest way to tell who the Catholics are.:Smile_hiding:

• Bad 2

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
444 posts
18,790 battles

All I want for Christmas is some cool French and Italian Battleships. You can keep the containers...

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
20 minutes ago, TheBigM145 said:

Huh... never knew that.  Thanks!

the more you know.jpg

[SF-3]
Members
1,540 posts
8,175 battles

Yeah, I am guessing Santa Crates will reappear. I can't imagine WG didn't make a freaking killing off these. I would wait for an official word before throwing in the towel.

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,395 battles
2 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

As we are officially into the 12 days of xmas, it looks like all of our questions have been answered...no Santa Boxes.  Several things strike me as being very sad about this.

Players that did not know about it or did not participate in years past will not get the chance to do so this year.

Players that have participated in the event will not get the chance to do so again.

And the most saddest part of it...is after all the questions about whether or not it was going to happen this year, has been the complete silence from WG in responding in any way shape or form.  Perhaps I missed it, but all I have heard from WG is crickets.

Here's a clue WG, any type of response, good or bad, would be more respectful, helpful, and courteous than the constant silent treatment that you seem to follow on questions that many seem to have an interest in.

Hey there everyone, just wanted to respond to inquiries about Santa boxes and other holiday goodies. It's still early in the holiday season, so we ask that our players be patient. There is always a chance some of the things you might be interested in could be offered. However, you better be good...otherwise you'll just end up with a lump of coal. So sit tight and keep checking the World of Warships portal for any future announcements. Happy Holidays! :cap_happy:

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[NCBL]
Members
110 posts
3,759 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Hey there everyone, just wanted to respond to inquiries about Santa boxes and other holiday treats. It's still early in the holiday season, so we ask that our players be patient. There is always a chance some of the things you might be interested in could be offered. However, you better be good...otherwise you'll just end up with a lump of coal. So sit tight and keep checking the World of Warships portal for any future announcements. Happy Holidays! :cap_happy:

It's Christmas time and you are asking me to patient? I know you haven't met my inner child but he is a spoiled brat.

• Funny 1

[CAPGO]
Members
530 posts
3,321 battles
7 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Hey there everyone, just wanted to respond to inquiries about Santa boxes and other holiday treats. It's still early in the holiday season, so we ask that our players be patient. There is always a chance some of the things you might be interested in could be offered. However, you better be good...otherwise you'll just end up with a lump of coal. So sit tight and keep checking the World of Warships portal for any future announcements. Happy Holidays! :cap_happy:

I will be a good boy. pleaseeee? :Smile_ohmy:

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,395 battles
Just now, EyelessCr0w said:

It's Christmas time and you are asking me to patient? I know you haven't met my inner child but he is a spoiled brat.

Looks like somebody is going to get what they don't want. I see coal in your future. Just kidding! But not sure I want to meet your inner child. I try to avoid spoiled brats like the plague.

• Funny 3
  • Angry 1

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

Two things: 1 there's a patch coming in the next day or two, or next week at the latest (Test Server just ended, they keep announcing features from it, I'd be surprised if it doesn't drop tomorrow or Friday) so it would stand to reason if, and big if, those crates come despite the... ahem, climate, they would stand to reason to come with that patch.

And 2, at no point where those crates called the "annual Christmas crate" They may very well choose to do something else.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
1,609 posts
6,769 battles
11 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Thank you for the response, the purpose of this thread was to hopefully invoke some sort of a response and it appears to have worked.  :Smile_Default:

By the way, to the others responding...politics and religion, I do not subscribe to any of them, its less expansive that way, got an official answer, that's all that matters. :Smile_glasses:

When the event does take place, take advantage of it, in moderation of course! :Smile_izmena:

Good luck out there in game and be careful out in the real world, its a dangerous time of year, especially on the roads.

[NCBL]
Members
110 posts
3,759 battles
19 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Looks like somebody is going to get what they don't want. I see coal in your future. Just kidding! But not sure I want to meet your inner child. I try to avoid spoiled brats like the plague.

Try living with him. I don't take him to Bass Pro Shop anymore because I just hear "BUY IT, I WANT IT, BUY IT ALL!!!" I don't mind coal, he's also a firebug :cap_haloween: he loved playing the Schors

Edited by EyelessCr0w

[WOLF5]
Members
1,543 posts
2,154 battles

Just going to remind you (as someone else pointed out), that the 12 days of Christmas are after Christmas, specifically from 12/25 to 1/6. The reason is religious, so I'll put it in a spoiler. But it wouldn't be surprising if most of the event was after Christmas, as it was last year. I believe the massive build up before Christmas is mostly American, many other countries still celebrate after Christmas (see spoiler).

Spoiler

In the Catholic religion, Jan 6 (Feast of the Epiphany) is the date the 3 kings (or wise men) came to Jesus with their gifts. Hence the 12 days of gift giving between them (I don't know how the travel thing works, since apparently they came from the far east in 12 days on camel). In fact, in my family we actually open many of the Christmas gifts on Jan 6. So whatever you beliefs, the reasoning behind the calendar is from Catholic religion (older, Catholicism that is, modern Catholicism has lost much of these old traditions). Just a fun fact on the calendar.

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,395 battles
25 minutes ago, EyelessCr0w said:

Try living with him. I don't take him to Bass Pro Shop anymore because I just hear "BUY IT, I WANT IT, BUY IT ALL!!!" I don't mind coal, he's also a firebug :cap_haloween: he loved playing the Schors

Hooray! Extra coal for your Schors. Burn baby burn. Hate when that happens but better then burning cash.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts

Just like to point out that the 12 Days of Christmas start on 12/25, and end on 1/6 with the arrival of the 3 Wise Men to the Manger  

[HINON]
Supertester
7,525 posts
7,588 battles

There was a Santa crates flag added to the game files for this upcoming patch. So I’d assume it’s coming. Just need to wait.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Patience, the time is not yet here yet.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,957 posts
8,927 battles

...no Santa Boxes.  

It's a bit early to be declaring this.  Last year's Santa event started with 0.5.15 on 21 December.  Looking at a calendar, it's easy to see that 0.6.15 is intended to drop on 20 December. 

I suspect that you're jumping the gun a bit.