You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DESRON10

Need help with making a decision...

I need some help on what to do with 400K free xp.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What would yo do with with 400k free xp with the following choices?

• Get the Nelson
    • I have the Pensacola researched, free xp as far up with the us cruisers as I can in preparation of the us cruisers split and complete my collection of all us dd,bb, cruisers.
    • Keep the XP and go for the Missouri.
    • None of the above hold on to the xp to use for modules on new ships that I buy.

19 comments in this topic

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
11,015 battles

It depends. 

Nelson is a fun ship with the RN HE and Uber-heal. Missouri prints credits, but you need to have a high-point USN captain and like to play Tier 9-10 matches to get those credits.  If you have played the Iowa and loved it the Missouri may be for you. I have both but probably played the Nelson more since I got it. Tier VII is more competitive and active which is also why I love my Scharnhorst  

I personally don’t use a lot of free XP for research so that wouldn’t be my personal pick.

[TBOW]
Members
1,245 posts
10,669 battles

Personally I would pick the Missouri.  Don't have the Nelson (yet).  Work your way through the USN cruisers.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,074 battles

I would recommend working up the cruiser line as well it pretty fun might use some xp here and there to speed it up but will worth the grind.

[TDD]
Members
903 posts
7,942 battles

economically Missouri is your best value I think - prints credits  fun to play and if you use your signals and prem time you can make that free xp back much faster.

Nelson is fun, but unless you need it for training captains I'd wait and get it later.

why spend fxp on tech tree ships no no no... play the lines it isn't a race

• Cool 1

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,316 battles

As long as you are decent in BBs, the Missouri will solve your credit problems forever. 

It's the best long-term investment you can make in this game, other than having a premium account. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,824 posts
9,575 battles

Use FreeXP to upgrade the cruisers and grind out the rest to the next ship.

Baltimore is where things are kinda painful due to the amount of XP needed. Save as much FreeXP as you can and skip to Des Moines right before the split if you haven't unlocked it already by then.

[WSU]
Members
1,494 posts
9,884 battles

I agree, go for the Missouri.  Yeah some ships are a grind and aren't that enjoyable but you can get through them (I remember the pre-nerf Colorado, pre-nerf Pensicola, the Izumo, etc.).  Rather than use free XP on a bad ship I would simply save all your Red Dragon & Hydra flags along with promotional camos that give 100% or more XP for those tough to grind ships.  I did this with the F.DG and complete the grind in 88 battles with a just over a 51% WR and an anemic 56K ave damage.

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,853 battles

I've been using my free XP in the past to research things. However, now I'm being careful with it because I want to get the Missouri. I've got a long way to go though as I've only 120k free XP thus far. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 hour ago, DESRON10 said:

I need some help on what to do with 400K free xp.

Save for Missouri, if you have it or dont want it get the Nelson instead.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,824 posts
9,575 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've been using my free XP in the past to research things. However, now I'm being careful with it because I want to get the Missouri. I've got a long way to go though as I've only 120k free XP thus far. 

Is it bad that I have never converted XP yet have Moe, Nelson, and 500k+ of FreeXP remaining? 

[WOLF2]
Members
884 posts
7,196 battles

Saving my free XP for the Missouri.   Only 200k to go.  Yep... doing it the hard way - one battle at a time.    Once, had my team laugh at me when I typed that in chat, then throw o7's for working for it.

Edited by DiddleDum

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I'm not sure I'd just use the XP for modules... but I'd certainly hold onto it for "something else." 

But I'm the guy who runs premium camo on many ships and a premium account- so with 230 million credits Mis is the last thing on my mind. With that said, I have Iowa and am not good in her at all... so I'm slightly biased. Okay, really biased.

I recently burned through a ton of free XP to walk down the US cruiser line... I got tired of waiting for something that interested me and am now working my way back up. My plan, if I get back to 400k FXP, will be to hold off and FXP through ships I don't like in a new line or grab a FXP ship that I like / want. 

[CAST]
Members
1,195 posts
7,363 battles

I like the Missouri.  I saved all my FXP for it and it didn't disappoint.  I am now near the 350K FXP for the Nelson.  I used to spend the FXP on ship upgrades to get past the base hulls for better performance.  Now I just play through.  With XP flags and camos, it doesn't take long to accumulate enough XP to grind through a base hull.  Having the extra premium ships is nice.  I don't need them, but I like free stuff, so its all good.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
711 posts
33 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

What about saving for Musashi or other fxp ships in the near future?

That's always a possibility, I haven't been too fond of my Iowa or BB's in general. Sorta the reason I was leaning towards the cruiser split as I am playing more cruisers and dd's lately.

I didn't want to waste my fxp on something I won't play that much and I'm not to worried about credits as I have enough other premium ships to make those with.

[SF-3]
Members
1,502 posts
8,101 battles
7 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

That's always a possibility, I haven't been too fond of my Iowa or BB's in general. Sorta the reason I was leaning towards the cruiser split as I am playing more cruisers and dd's lately.

I didn't want to waste my fxp on something I won't play that much and I'm not to worried about credits as I have enough other premium ships to make those with.

Good point. I thought Zoup said the Salem might be a fxp ship, maybe save for that. I guess the best advice is go with what gives you enjoyment in the game. I have 1.2, maybe 1.3 mil fxp, hardly ever spend it on anything, no reason to. I don't find stock ships to be that bad, plus it usually takes me about 40 or so games to get comfy in a ship. So for me I'm saving for either Musashi or Missouri if the former ends up being garbage.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
21 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Good point. I thought Zoup said the Salem might be a fxp ship, maybe save for that. 

DM with 20 second 7.5km radar?

Do. Not. Want.