Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyperFish

All I want for Christmas is a premium CV.

24 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
605 posts
5,048 battles

Counting ships in my port I've been able to obtain 18 premium ships. I've only ever paid for one of them, Texas, because it was for a good cause. Nikolai I won in a forum contest. The rest of them were earned in various in game challenges and contests.

I have DDs: Tachibana and Vampire.

Cruisers: Emden, Katori, ARP Ashigara, Nachi, Myoko, Haguro, Takao and Southern Dragon.

Battleships: Mikasa, Nikolai I, ARP Kongo, Haruna, Kirishima, Okt. Rev. and Texas

WG has never given me an opportunity to earn a premium CV.

Don't get me wrong, I love my free stuff and I'm grateful.

I've been a good boy all year, trying to keep salt of a mimimum in forum and game chat, helping my team and those on the other with advice or a friendly "well done", and It's been MONTHS since I teamkilled anyone, so whaddya say WG? Can we get a premium CV challenge in 2018?

[PSP]
Members
6,323 posts
8,942 battles

I don't think they will ever give away the Saipan, it's just too good at its tier. WG generally only gives away premium ships they are a bit past their prime. In this way we get to earn decent premiums but WG still makes money on the really good ones too.  

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,837 posts
7,129 battles

GZ is out of the question (3 month premium shop cooldown anyway, starting from when it is finalized). A british CV prem is looooooong overdue, but there are some very attractive alternatives, notably French and Italian.

Members
158 posts
11,032 battles

While I would like this to happen, I doubt it ever will. The comparative carrier population is low. HOWEVER, they have given a cruiser/dd in ranked so far, I am hoping they go BB/CV too. CW reward appears to be a cruiser too.

Members
652 posts
7,499 battles

ARP Ships doesn't count as premium ships... If they have, they would have had premium stats like "earn more Free XP etc..."
So, I don't think you have much premium ships as you thought it would be...

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
605 posts
5,048 battles
2 hours ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

ARP Ships doesn't count as premium ships... If they have, they would have had premium stats like "earn more Free XP etc..."
So, I don't think you have much premium ships as you thought it would be...

They show up as premiums when you use the port filter, and you can swap the captains without retraining. They're also not available in the tech tree. If WG calls them premiums, so do I.

[SIM]
Members
2,546 posts
4,186 battles

I would actually really like for WG to introduce a tier IV or V premium CV, and give us a chance to earn it for free. I believe that it would help to grow participation with and understanding of the class.

Members
652 posts
7,499 battles
37 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

They show up as premiums when you use the port filter, and you can swap the captains without retraining. They're also not available in the tech tree. If WG calls them premiums, so do I.

I consider these ARP ships to have their own tech tree but just hidden in plain sight...

Its not really a premium ships (at first, i thought they were). They are just an event/collaboration ships... And yes. You can move their captains without retraining...

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,210 battles
7 minutes ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

I consider these ARP ships to have their own tech tree but just hidden in plain sight...

Its not really a premium ships (at first, i thought they were). They are just an event/collaboration ships... And yes. You can move their captains without retraining...

One could consider them a sub-IJN tech tree, as they now have the ability to move IJN commanders to and from them without penalty or retraining. Albeit for tech tree grinds ships like Atago would be far better for that purpose

Members
652 posts
7,499 battles
3 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

One could consider them a sub-IJN tech tree, as they now have the ability to move IJN commanders to and from them without penalty or retraining. Albeit for tech tree grinds ships like Atago would be far better for that purpose

I have Iona in my Hiryu XD... And yep

Members
2,297 posts
4,143 battles
7 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I want me the Zepplin...

What about a Weser

RhwV5BV.jpg

T6 with a 1-0-2 loadout with GZ planes in 5 plane squadrons (10 plane deck park of DBs). No ap bombs, keep secondaries but armor nerf.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,892 battles

Christmas Armada Package coming to a Premium Store near you.

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
605 posts
5,048 battles
6 hours ago, GoldPile said:

Christmas Armada Package coming to a Premium Store near you.

It'd better be better than the boxing day package...

[WOLFB]
Members
1,735 posts
8,298 battles

How about we first "fix CV" before thinking about releasing premium CV ?

It's cool to share some idea about what CV you want ingame but it becomes funny when people will call it either weak / garbage (Graf Zepplin when first released) or OP (Graf Zeppelin nowaday).

Also I don't think WG will release any "free CV". Usually the premium they "give" through mission are often meh or just decent :

Graf Spee: meh but fun (sometime)

Gangut : decent and fun

Vampire: decent and fun

ARP : They are basically Myoukou and Kongou clones. Takao is just an Atago without  premium bonus

Only my opinion though but at least they are fun to play. 

[SPUDS]
Members
147 posts
6,955 battles
On 12/13/2017 at 3:43 AM, Snargfargle said:

I don't think they will ever give away the Saipan, it's just too good at its tier. WG generally only gives away premium ships they are a bit past their prime. In this way we get to earn decent premiums but WG still makes money on the really good ones too.  

Weegee will give away ships that suck, Graf Spee, Vampire, October, Shinonome. It's not pay to win but if you want to easy carry, prepare to fork up money.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,782 battles

I picked up a Saipan recently and it was kinda meh.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,128 posts
6,810 battles
10 minutes ago, JohnnyDebt said:

Weegee will give away ships that suck, Graf Spee, Vampire, October, Shinonome. It's not pay to win but if you want to easy carry, prepare to fork up money.

The October doesn't suck by any means.

Neither does the Shinonome. 

lol?

[SPUDS]
Members
147 posts
6,955 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

The October doesn't suck by any means.

Neither does the Shinonome. 

lol?

October gets outclass easily by Konig and Giulio Cesare. Hell, I'd even take my kongo over the October. Shinonome's only good thing is its torps. Its guns gets out class by almost every other dd besides IJN dds. Literally if you play shinonome and want to use your guns, you just pray that the enemy don't pay attention to you. Anshan, Gaede and Farragut can easily nuke the shinonome

[MIA-A]
Members
2,128 posts
6,810 battles
5 minutes ago, JohnnyDebt said:

Anshan, Gaede and Farragut can easily nuke the shinonome

Gunboats nuke torp boats? Since when!?

Sign in to follow this