You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Big_Tidday_Goth_GF

Does anyone else think Estuary is boring?

17 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

I never see a lot of strategy on this map, just a straight up crash into each other and hope you shoot better.  I think the only people having fun on this map are CVs.

I'm sad that I don't get Shards more often when I play Tier VII or VI because that is a map which is fun and which looks better.

[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,440 battles

IDK, I find it fun.

The island ambushes are great on this map.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
25,018 battles

I love estuary except for a BB. Lots of islands to shoot over and hide behind. The gaps in the middle brave souls might Yolo thru. Lobbing shells through low spots in the center islands - fun even with BB. 

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

As mainly a DD player I like Estuary.  The channels through the center become interesting and dangerous options in the late game once both sides are dispersed and running low on ships.  I find it's not a bad map for cruiser play too.

The mid tier map I most dislike is Land of Fire, although it's much better since they reworked it.  Maybe I still just hate it so much because of the old configuration with virtually no cover on the entire western half of the map.  That used to be such an unpleasant experience in a cruiser or a slow BB.

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

I wish I got to play the olde Islands of Ice.

It isn't small islands that bother me, it's maps that force you into one place.  Two Brothers sort of has this problem but once the fighting starts it's pretty much a straightforward gunfight.  Estuary just has too much waiting around to get into range.

Members
1,300 posts
21,055 battles

I like it.

It's a lower tier map, I think, so you can push your way around it in most types of ship.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,069 posts
9,452 battles

It's my favorite map. It has something for every class to do well in.

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,683 battles
12 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

It's my favorite map. It has something for every class to do well in.

Ditto.

[YARRR]
Members
401 posts
4,758 battles

Frankly, all the maps are getting a bit stale.

They are all mostly variations on the same theme.  Too small, sight lines carefully crafted to deny firing solutions, too small, too congested, and did I mention they are too small.

I can't help but think how much better World of Warships would be if it came out before the tank game.

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

Islands (the tier II map) is a lot of fun and something I would like to see in higher tiers.  Not just for destroyers either but that maze-like design could be fun for lots of different ships.

I don't think having more close range maps would bone BBs as much as people think.  It's maps like Estuary and especially North that have overly burned out avenues of approach, which means that you get more camping on those maps and less fun in bigger ships.

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

The only map I have beef with is Neighbors. Its like ocean but everyone huddles to C point for rocks. 

Edited by Yoshiblue