Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrandonKF

Third Kraken

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
594 posts
4,414 battles

Was disconnected just prior to match start, so it was an uphill battle in Ishizuchi from the start. Plus I had forgotten how wonky dispersion can be. But I had to go for style points at the end.

 

https://replayswows.com/replay/11042

 

11042_196_1513139082.jpg

 

---

-11042_326_1513139081.jpg

 

---

 

And a quick upload of a match with a RUST member that Krakened because he was fierce in a Nurnberg. I also performed well enough for my tastes.

 

https://replayswows.com/replay/11043

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,759 battles

Congrats!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,644
[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,194 battles

Nice job!! Shocked to see you only used AP, don't see that a lot in Ishiizuchi

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,663 battles

Good job.

You must have my mojo. I've detonated twice in the last 3 games, and 3 times in the last 6.
Blast it all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
33 minutes ago, LukeV said:

Good job.

You must have my mojo. I've detonated twice in the last 3 games, and 3 times in the last 6.
Blast it all!

How? I only get detonated once-twice a month. And i play 100+ battles a week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[RESP]
Beta Testers
889 posts
7,147 battles

I've had it happen 3 times in a row once, RNGesus had it in for me that day.  Usually it's about once a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,414 battles
56 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Nice job!! Shocked to see you only used AP, don't see that a lot in Ishiizuchi

 

It's a holdover from my time in Kii. Always use AP. Though now that you mention it, at these tiers HE might have gotten some better damage results.

 

48 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

Nicely done, Congrats!

 

45 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Good work.  Congrats.

 

Much obliged!

 

43 minutes ago, LukeV said:

Good job.

You must have my mojo. I've detonated twice in the last 3 games, and 3 times in the last 6.
Blast it all!

 

9 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

How? I only get detonated once-twice a month. And i play 100+ battles a week

 

Got detonated in Kii in one shot five days ago by an Amagi. One shell. I've had my losses, I assure you. 

Edited by BrandonKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
Just now, BrandonKF said:

 

It's a holdover from my time in Kii. Always use AP. Though now that you mention it, as these tiers HE might have gotten some better damage results.

 

 

 

Much obliged!

 

 

 

Got deronated in Kii in one shot five days ago by an Amagi. One shell. I've had my losses, I assure you. 

Well yeh that hapens but 1/2 games is [edited]. Last time i got detonated was in my kidd the day it releases... so three weeks now? I played over 300 battles since then. The time before that was a gearing 5 weeks ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

@BrandonKF  - What's that ball cap say?  I can't make it out.  I see the blue and gold.  I got one that says USS FOX CG-33.  That was probably a bit before you.  Always good to see a Navy guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
872
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,437 posts
8,085 battles

ZQVH0Qx.gif

 

Always nice to get things like that when you get late loaded.

 

46 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

How? I only get detonated once-twice a month. And i play 100+ battles a week

 

 

19 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

@BrandonKF  - What's that ball cap say?  I can't make it out.  I see the blue and gold.  I got one that says USS FOX CG-33.  That was probably a bit before you.  Always good to see a Navy guy. 

 

I can actually read it, says "Iraqi Freedom Veteran", 97% sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, WanderingGhost said:

ZQVH0Qx.gif

 

Always nice to get things like that when you get late loaded.

 

 

 

 

I can actually read it, says "Iraqi Freedom Veteran", 97% sure

Thanks..  My eyes are starting to go.  lol.  Darn it.   I was there around the Desert Shield time..  Before we actually sent people in on the ground.  Mainly escorting tankers and such...and maybe a few Tomahawks were involved.  Rumor goes.  (Actually I think CNN broadcasted it) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
872
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,437 posts
8,085 battles
24 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Thanks..  My eyes are starting to go.  lol.  Darn it.   I was there around the Desert Shield time..  Before we actually sent people in on the ground.  Mainly escorting tankers and such...and maybe a few Tomahawks were involved.  Rumor goes.  (Actually I think CNN broadcasted it) 

 

NP, and more than I've ever done for the country. Too much like my grandfather, possibly worse (He was in the Army, shortly before his time was up got a new CO he had issues with and ended up getting himself kicked out). So about the closest I'll be getting is Military history and working the Army/Navy game when it's in Philadelphia. But yeah, I remember the news footage of all that young as I was for the first Gulf War, remember seeing missile launches off ships, tanks, etc.

 

Anyway - :Smile_honoring:

Edited by WanderingGhost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,414 battles
46 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

@BrandonKF  - What's that ball cap say?  I can't make it out.  I see the blue and gold.  I got one that says USS FOX CG-33.  That was probably a bit before you.  Always good to see a Navy guy. 

 

26 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

ZQVH0Qx.gif

 

Always nice to get things like that when you get late loaded.

 

I can actually read it, says "Iraqi Freedom Veteran", 97% sure

 

23 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Thanks..  My eyes are starting to go.  lol.  Darn it.   I was there around the Desert Shield time..  Before we actually sent people in on the ground.  Mainly escorting tankers and such...and maybe a few Tomahawks were involved.  Rumor goes.  (Actually I think CNN broadcasted it) 

 

Yep. Iraqi Freedom. I was late for the invasion, but went in three times. 2004-2005 in Ramadi, then twice more in Baghdad. And I was a tanker (you know, the Army version).

 

Oh and by the way, "GO ARMY!!!!! BEAT NAVY!"

 

(Oh wait, we did.) :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
2 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

 

NP, and more than I've ever done for the country. Too much like my grandfather, possibly worse (He was in the Army, shortly before his time was up got a new CO he had issues with and ended up getting himself kicked out). So about the closest I'll be getting is Military history and working the Army/Navy game when it's in Philadelphia. But yeah, I remember the news footage of all that young as I was for the first Gulf War, remember seeing missile launches off ships, tanks, etc.

You don't have to serve in the military to "do things for your country"..  If you want to look at it that way.  Vote.  Help with your local community.  Just give a little time to some cause you like.   The thanking veterans thing is highly overrated.  Of course I am behind it, but there are so many things that everyone can do to make things better.  Don't thank me for my service ( general statement)...  Go give some homeless guy a blanket.  Hell go give a street bum a beer.  lol.  I didn't join for any higher cause.  I did it because it was a job.   My grandfather was a Bombardier in a B17 in WW2.  He did it for a higher cause.  His plane got shot down over France and he spen 2 years in a German POW camp.  Thank him. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
220
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
710 posts
14 minutes ago, BrandonKF said:

 

 

 

Yep. Iraqi Freedom. I was late for the invasion, but went in three times. 2004-2005 in Ramadi, then twice more in Baghdad. And I was a tanker (you know, the Army version).

 

Oh and by the way, "GO ARMY!!!!! BEAT NAVY!"

 

(Oh wait, we did.) :cap_rambo:

Thanks for your service, everybody has contributed something there. I was there myself in 1985 during the Iraq/Iran War. Our ship and the USS Klakring were patrolling the gulf and keeping the shipping lanes open.

As far as Army/Navy, well it's about time. In the last 16 years Army has only won twice due to the fact Navy won 14 years in a row. The longest series of wins ever in the history of Army/Navy.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,542
[PSP]
Members
6,221 posts
8,848 battles

Congrats. Though some seem to get Krakens as often as a kid gets colds, for me they are rare occurrences indeed. I just barely missed one today myself when the timer ran out.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
872
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,437 posts
8,085 battles
16 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

You don't have to serve in the military to "do things for your country"..  If you want to look at it that way.  Vote.  Help with your local community.  Just give a little time to some cause you like.   The thanking veterans thing is highly overrated.  Of course I am behind it, but there are so many things that everyone can do to make things better.  Don't thank me for my service ( general statement)...  Go give some homeless guy a blanket.  Hell go give a street bum a beer.  lol.  I didn't join for any higher cause.  I did it because it was a job.   My grandfather was a Bombardier in a B17 in WW2.  He did it for a higher cause.  His plane got shot down over France and he spen 2 years in a German POW camp.  Thank him. 

 

Yeah, I vote every time elections come up, even when I don't like my options. And yeah, I do what I can when I can. What I wouldn't give to hit the lottery so I could help more, don't need fancy cars or a big house, rather set things up to help others with it. Either way, I have all the respect in the world for the guys and gals in the armed forces and all. May be just a job, but it's not one everyone can or want's to do.

 

As to thanking veterans, I've gotten the impression on the overrated thing from plenty of the veteran's I've encountered at the stadium, as well as some.... negative reactions we'll say to co-workers saying it since that's generally what our higher ups want us to do and it kinda at times comes across as saying it to say it and other reasons. They all pretty much have said the same thing, "It's just a job". Which, to me is sometimes mind boggling when they've said "no different than yours" or similar things. My job is pushing elevator buttons at least 10 days of the year plus any other events we have, where as some of theirs have included things like jumping out of aircraft and helicopters. But, that's me and my brain, hard to see that as a normal everyday occupation.

 

Though a definite thanks to your grandfather. A generation that really deserves it and is sad to see passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
27 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Thanks for your service, everybody has contributed something there. I was there myself in 1985 during the Iraq/Iran War. Our ship and the USS Klakring were patrolling the gulf and keeping the shipping lanes open.

As far as Army/Navy, well it's about time. In the last 16 years Army has only won twice due to the fact Navy won 14 years in a row. The longest series of wins ever in the history of Army/Navy.

Hey.  My Ship was probably there with you at that time, though it was before I joined.  USS FOX escorted a few tankers out of Gulf in that time line.  Strangely I went back and did the same thing in her just a couple of years later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
41 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

 

As to thanking veterans, I've gotten the impression on the overrated thing from plenty of the veteran's I've encountered at the stadium, as well as some.... negative reactions we'll say to co-workers saying it since that's generally what our higher ups want us to do and it kinda at times comes across as saying it to say it and other reasons. They all pretty much have said the same thing, "It's just a job". Which, to me is sometimes mind boggling when they've said "no different than yours" or similar things. My job is pushing elevator buttons at least 10 days of the year plus any other events we have, where as some of theirs have included things like jumping out of aircraft and helicopters. But, that's me and my brain, hard to see that as a normal everyday occupation.

 

I won't speak for all.  I can't speak for all.  You will meet a lot of different types of Vets.  Those that don't want to be thanked.  Those that feel uncomfortable when thanked, and those that want to be thanked.  Generally speaking the law of inverse proportions applies here and let's just say you won't find the real old school hard core combat vets going to Applebee's for their free side of chicken fingers. 

 

I don't take a lot of pride in my service.   Like I said, I didn't do it for any grand cause.  Looking back almost 30 years ago,  I can say I did something not a lot of people would have had the fortitude to do.  In that I take pride in. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,542
[PSP]
Members
6,221 posts
8,848 battles
57 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I don't take a lot of pride in my service.   Like I said, I didn't do it for any grand cause.  Looking back almost 30 years ago,  I can say I did something not a lot of people would have had the fortitude to do.  In that I take pride in. 

I notice that my new driver's license has a big red "Veteran" stamped on it. I didn't ask for that but it got put on there because you now have to show a half-dozen forms of ID to get a driver's license in this state and my DD-214 was one of the few that I actually could find. Being a veteran is deemed "cool" nowadays but back in the 70s when I was in some people would ask you if you were stupid or just an idiot if you said that you were in the Army. Of course none of the old WWII and Korean War vets in town thought that way. They were proud to see a local kid come home and wear his uniform to church,

 

A lot of people deserve thanks for doing their jobs. If I find out that someone is a lineman I think them for keeping the power up. We had a big storm here last Spring that knocked down 1800 power poles. The linemen were out that very night and more started pouring in from outside the county the next day. They are just as important as soldiers, police, firefighters and paramedics. Another group of unsung heroes are long haul drivers. If it wasn't for the UPS drivers and Amazon I'd have to make a hundred mile round trip every couple of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×