You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

Pan Asian - Don't remove your Captain

19 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles

I decided to move a Captain from one Pan Asian DD to another. Big Mistake.

I sent the Captain to the reserve. 

I selected the "Assign Commander" button.

The only option I received was "Recruit" - there was no option to look at the reserve or even other ships. 

Stupidly, thought it might just be that ship. Removed the second Captain and sent him to the Reserve.

(Two Captains in Reserve, each assigned to one of the ships)

Attempted to put either Captain back. All I get is the "Recruit" option. It won't show the reserves, nor the other ships of the Pan Asian Line.

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles

*UPDATE*

I went and purchased a Tier III Pan Asian DD. This caused the Reserve Portion of the UI to show up again, and I was able to move the Captains.

Seems there is a glitch with the Reserve UI. Cost me 260k silver, but it's working. LOL

[SYN]
Members
14,456 posts
10,465 battles

The UI seems to break a lot in 0.6.14. More so than other versions, but not as much as that UI Armageddon that was 0.5.3 or something.

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 1

Members
711 posts

I ran into the same with the premium Asian, moved the 10pt Captain from Asian to reserve, then tried to move him back to Asian only to get the "Recruit" message, so cancelled it then retried again and it worked ok as you would have expected it to for a premium ship.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles

I was glad that if finally let me move the Captains. Thought I was gonna be locked out of those ships. 

:)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles

I've had that problem with other nations, if I go to the ship in question through the tech tree it gives me a choice of captains in reserve...hope it works for you

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

The UI seems to break a lot in 0.6.14. More so than other versions, but not as much as that UI Armageddon that was 0.5.3 or something.

Was that the one where the UI would disappear mid battle or something.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,976 battles
7 minutes ago, issm said:

I thankfully have not experienced that for a couple of patches now. There's nothing worse than having your minimap and aiming reticle disappear when you're down to the last couple of ships on your team...

It was extremely frustrating...

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
4 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

I thankfully have not experienced that for a couple of patches now. There's nothing worse than having your minimap and aiming reticle disappear when you're down to the last couple of ships on your team...

It was extremely frustrating...

I think that actually happened to a teammate of mine today. Thought he might have just been kvetching because we were losing, but seeing that other people are having issues...really activates those almonds.

Makes me wonder what they've been smoking over there.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
3 hours ago, RevTKS said:

I decided to move a Captain from one Pan Asian DD to another. Big Mistake.

I sent the Captain to the reserve. 

I selected the "Assign Commander" button.

The only option I received was "Recruit" - there was no option to look at the reserve or even other ships. 

Stupidly, thought it might just be that ship. Removed the second Captain and sent him to the Reserve.

(Two Captains in Reserve, each assigned to one of the ships)

Attempted to put either Captain back. All I get is the "Recruit" option. It won't show the reserves, nor the other ships of the Pan Asian Line.

Not sure what was causing your issue, but I have been moving my original captain up my Pan Asian line with no issues.  There are tabs below the "Recruit" button where you have to specify "FROM OTHER SHIPS".  If you don't select that  you will recruit a fresh boot camp captain.   I hate to say it, but this sounds like operator error. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 1

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles
1 hour ago, issm said:

That was fun.  Not quite as fun as the time where you would just see your ship sail off into the distance leaving your behind, or when everything on the screen froze except chat, although these might have been on the PTS.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
2 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

I think that actually happened to a teammate of mine today. Thought he might have just been kvetching because we were losing, but seeing that other people are having issues...really activates those almonds.

Makes me wonder what they've been smoking over there.

I'm starting to think WG needs to go on another code optimization binge again. I'm starting to hear of a LOT of issues with the game lately from a bunch of people, from UI, to bugs, to glitches of all kinds, and even lots of performance issues as well...

Not to mention, WG STILL has not fixed the bloody laggy UI when you switch back and forth between tabs in the port UI... Its bloody annoying really... WoT's and WoWP's garage UI is butter smooth but warships stutters and hitches and is just plain laggy...

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
51 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I have been moving my original captain up my Pan Asian line with no issues.

He actually sent his to reserve & then couldn't get it back...should be fine if you just keep transferring from ship to ship as you progress...just don't ever send him to the reserve...apparently Pan Asian Commanders don't like to be benched.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

He actually sent his to reserve & then couldn't get it back...should be fine if you just keep transferring from ship to ship as you progress...just don't ever send him to the reserve...apparently Pan Asian Commanders don't like to be benched.

Gotcha.  I misunderstood the scenario.  Been a long week. 

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles

I only have long weeks every other time they change the clock...the short ones are the ones that annoy me though...hate losing that extra hour...I coulda gotten so much extra done that week...I'm sure I was less than an hour away from that 6 double strike game that week...then time just ran out.

Beta Testers
1,837 posts
10,762 battles
11 hours ago, issm said:

I still get that once in a while. Torping without UI is very challenging.

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,388 battles
1 hour ago, chewonit said:

I still get that once in a while. Torping without UI is very challenging.

Just press <esc>, go into settings, change video resolution to windowed one that fits nicely into your screen size and hit apply. Then go back to the game and it should be fine.  Its been a random glitch for a while.  Luckily I haven't seen it for quite a while now.  It is annoying when it does happen, especially if you are in close combat.

Beta Testers
1,837 posts
10,762 battles
7 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Just press <esc>, go into settings, change video resolution to windowed one that fits nicely into your screen size and hit apply. Then go back to the game and it should be fine.  Its been a random glitch for a while.  Luckily I haven't seen it for quite a while now.  It is annoying when it does happen, especially if you are in close combat.

I know the trick. It doesn't always work. It depends on how bad a shape the Flash engine is when it happens. Some times even the setting UI is broken like missing control widgets or whatnot.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,588 battles
14 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

Remember when the over ship information would go away and you had no way to tell who was friendly other than by the mini map?

That was actually kinda fun.