You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AllysaRockz

The American Destroyer 'Mayhem'

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

I'm listening to eurobeat as I write this so I'm quite... what's the word... pumped up? :Smile_great: It's just a shame I wasn't recording... I definitely would have uploaded the raw footage onto YouTube. However, that doesn't mean I don't have screenshots! Ladies and gentlemen, I present the United States Navy Destroyer, Mayhem. No, it's not Mahan, it's Mayhem now because it makes her sound more interesting, and that's what matters! :Smile_glasses:

e53f3b90-628d-4cfa-8868-153131e366f1.png?width=1138&height=640

98kAFvh.png?width=1138&height=640

I can't wait to get the Benson. I'm just sad I found a love for this ship so late on into my playthrough of her. I will blame that however on when stealth firing was removed. I was in withdrawal towards American DDs after they removed it since I had to find a new play style that fit them... and I think it's safe to say I've found it! Also totally approved by @FireAndHEspam (Haha tagged you, you butt)

[NDA]
Supertester
4,844 posts
13,808 battles
7 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Yes I am too addicted to the United States Destroyers:cap_like:

Its not an addiction, its a way of life. Even the Clones are pretty awesome. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

WTG!!

You'll love the Benson!

Not even a solid gold brick to the face will remove your smile when you do.

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
Just now, Wulfgarn said:

I consider myself quite fragile... I may have the body of an athlete, but I would think that a brick to the face would remove all of my teeth, so I wouldn't even be able to smile properly. And even then I wouldn't have anything to smile about if I didn't have my teeth. :cap_like: At least the gold brick would pay for the new fake ones!

[TF-64]
Members
374 posts
12,803 battles

In on the US DD love. They are all just a bunch of Savage boats. I just wish I was good enough to earn the Black.  Even thought about going up the PADD line just to get those 3 over there. Mostly just want that Allen Sumner class at 10. My Farragut and mayhem still get some exercise even though I am working other branches right now. 

[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,842 posts
7,357 battles

They get even better from there on, keep on enjoying them and wrecking your enemies!

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,357 battles
59 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

WTG!!

You'll love the Benson!

The radar invested games of T9 and T10 matches he will constantly see as in a Benson will quickly remove that smile.

[PSP]
Members
6,268 posts
8,904 battles
8 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

The radar invested games of T9 and T10 matches he will constantly see as in a Benson will quickly remove that smile.

The Benson was pretty good but I eventually traded it in for the Fletcher. I figured if I was going to be in tier X games all the time anyway it might as well be in at least tier IX ship. The main reason I liked the Benson, of course, was that I got to sing the song every time I played it.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I've been having a lot of fun and a fair bit of success with the Kamikaze twins lately...

...I'll see myself out.

:cap_old:

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

You get, what, 10 or 11k damage total on those two torps hits?

I keed.  I love the Mahan, but man her torpedos are puny af.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,114 posts
6,757 battles

You are going to love the Fletcher (and perhaps the Gearing).

Fletcher is currently my only tech tier ship I've kept after going past it and even bought the perma camo for it.

[SYN]
Members
14,455 posts
10,465 battles

Mahan is the low point in the line, right along side Wickles and that T2... forgot its name.

That poor concealment, poor top speed and very easy to hit size make it, easily, the worst DD in T7.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles

For me the line really took off at Fletcher and Gearing. 

I enjoyed farragut. 

Mahan was rough but this was pre US torpedo buff. 

Benson and I never clicked. But I enjoy Kidd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fletcher was absolutely beastly. The torpedoes are just so potent.

Gearing is really a side grade from Fletcher, however the ship does have its advantages and is also enjoyable. 

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
2 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

That poor concealment, poor top speed and very easy to hit size make it, easily, the worst DD in T7.

I can't argue with the concealment, nor the top speed, and I definitely can't say anything about the size of this boat. It's fairly tall off the water so it can take quite a few unnecessary hits that a destroyer like the Minsk may have just avoided entirely. I would say the Shiratsuyu is technically weaker... but I can't possibly bash on the lovable Poi~ family, so... but where you lack in a lot of respects, you don't lack in firepower! :Smile_great:

3 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

You get, what, 10 or 11k damage total on those two torps hits?

I keed.  I love the Mahan, but man her torpedos are puny af.

I hit a Blyska and left them on 400hp in the game I'm showing above... I agree that the torpedoes are somewhat weak in raw damage they inflict, but it's really the amount you have that makes up for it! Three sets of quadruple torpedo tubes, two of which are fired from one side or the other, and five fast firing, mountain clearing 127mm guns. (If you only have four of them, then you're missing out because the AA on this boat even WITH defensive fire is just poor. So, SO BAD!You have a lot of firepower, and if you do find a Russian destroyer like the Minsk at 7km, you will rain fury upon them for closing to that range anyways. :Smile-_tongue:

4 hours ago, Ju87s said:

The radar invested games of T9 and T10 matches *she* will constantly see as in a Benson will quickly remove that smile.

I've dealt with enough radar at Tier 7 to know that it will be no different in top tier matchmaking. In fact, I look forward to the challenge! Besides, you get more xp and credits for farming tier tens, and I'm likely to see plenty of them considering the Benson will be my first real tier 8 ship. I'll just have to learn what ships do what and how they do stuff! (I don't count the Ognevoi because WG put it up to tier 8 and gave me a cwap captain to set me up to fail in her. :Smile_facepalm: )

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
4 hours ago, Ju87s said:

The number of Tier X campfests inundated with radar you see are the only bad thing about the Benson.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
716 posts
3 hours ago, Cobraclutch said:

For me the line really took off at Fletcher and Gearing. 

I enjoyed farragut. 

Mahan was rough but this was pre US torpedo buff. 

Benson and I never clicked. But I enjoy Kidd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fletcher was absolutely beastly. The torpedoes are just so potent.

Gearing is really a side grade from Fletcher, however the ship does have its advantages and is also enjoyable. 

I have found the Gearing disappointing compared to the rest of the line. It seems like a "brick" in the water compared to the rest of the US DD Line when driving it.

Its only saving grace is the long torp range.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
889 posts
7,147 battles

Awesome win.  Makes me want to revisit it.

When I went through the Mahan a long time ago, I considered it a downgrade compared to the Farragut.