You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kombat_W0MBAT

Mod Policy... WG is too polite

17 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

In case you hadn't seen it, WG recently highlighted their mod policy on the main page.

Found here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/mod-ern-parts/

Reading their automated response for strike 3, they're way too diplomatic. They could at least rub a little salt in the wound... especially since the recipient of said email won't be a customer anymore.

Just brainstorming here...

Spoiler

jDs4x6T.png

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The main problem with Mods is they are not easily obtained by all players. I suggest a modders server that allows all new mods and close all mods that are not allowed. Where Developers see the code and can mod the mod before it is introduced into the vanilla. Any Mod on either side of the server is restricted to this Server Only. Modders who hack into the server either side of the vanilla would be criminally pursued. Layman's terms If your game contains any unapproved Mods your game will not load.  A  warning will pop up across your screen. During the initial game loading screen it is screened for illegal add in to the code. 

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles

No even thats too lenient, they just need to email the player a gif of a bunch of people laughing at them. 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles

Ha, you think that's lenient, but in reality all those links go to a classic piece of music created by one Rick Astley.

(Not really, but that would be hella hilarious.) 

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
3,241 posts

The rickroll idea is hillarious!!!

I'd be even less lenient.  I'd link them to a clip of that scene from American Pie II, where the band camp kid jumps up and screams YOU SUCK, RE^%$#!!!! at Jim.

...and then Rick roll them!

edit:

Even more evil idea!

BUH BYE!!!   Followed by the sound of a toilet flushing.

Edited by Fletcher7_1944

Members
158 posts
11,002 battles

I am on the other end of the spectrum here. No one is keeping an official list of what mods are okay and which ones are not. The WG mod pack does not get updated frequently enough to be used without game crashes, and while it is obvious certain "mods" should not exist like torpedo line tracers or aim assist stuff, others are in an extremely gray area.

The way this system sounds, it will not end up telling you which mod WG says is "illegal" that you are using. It will just give you a warning and let you figure it out, which seems absurd.

Here is my suggestion: Either improve monitoring and organization of the mod forums, and update the official mod pack as frequently as Aslain does f.e, or partner with him and let him be the middle man since he already has the infrastructure, and his mod pack is updated quite frequently.

Furthermore, he posted Monstromarkers will not be allowed anymore along with Detailed Damage. How are either of these mods game breaking or illegal? One lets you know which consumable your allies have active, and the other merely shows you how much damage you have done to which ship.

PS: Monstromarkers is on WG's official mod pack. This is hilarious to me.

@Radar_X I've been seeing you doing administrative community work lately so I am hoping these concerns will be considered if you have a look at the post.

Edited by CptJackSparrowed

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,390 battles

My thought here. And I think maybe I can say the thing for all of us. You don't cheat period on anything in life. Cheating belittles you in your own mind. You don't lie, cheat or steal. Period. Just Ghostdog saying something ok

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
14 hours ago, CptJackSparrowed said:
Spoiler

I am on the other end of the spectrum here. No one is keeping an official list of what mods are okay and which ones are not. The WG mod pack does not get updated frequently enough to be used without game crashes, and while it is obvious certain "mods" should not exist like torpedo line tracers or aim assist stuff, others are in an extremely gray area.

The way this system sounds, it will not end up telling you which mod WG says is "illegal" that you are using. It will just give you a warning and let you figure it out, which seems absurd.

Here is my suggestion: Either improve monitoring and organization of the mod forums, and update the official mod pack as frequently as Aslain does f.e, or partner with him and let him be the middle man since he already has the infrastructure, and his mod pack is updated quite frequently.

Furthermore, he posted Monstromarkers will not be allowed anymore along with Detailed Damage. How are either of these mods game breaking or illegal? One lets you know which consumable your allies have active, and the other merely shows you how much damage you have done to which ship.

PS: Monstromarkers is on WG's official mod pack. This is hilarious to me.

@Radar_X I've been seeing you doing administrative community work lately so I am hoping these concerns will be considered if you have a look at the post.

Yeah, we don't need another fiasco in which hundreds of players get inexplicably banned. If they're cracking down on the permissibility of commonly used mods, they needs to communicate that in a blatantly obvious fashion. And I don't think the WoWs main page counts. There should probably be an announcement in the game client so people can't miss it. 

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,957 posts
8,893 battles

Alternately, they could just send this:

16b8189053177965695f847ecfd447be45739ce71a3cadb0fa3765ebd5649334.jpg

Edited by SeaRaptor00
  • Cool 1

Members
1,866 posts

I like it that there's an official list. That way no one can claim they didn't understand when they get a warning. Don't know that there are mods? Hey, if you're not interested enough to learn about the game, that's on you.