Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hanger_18

anyone else have issues seeing AP

14 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,111 posts
3,565 battles

not color blind or anything...but it cant just be me that has issues seeing AP shells in flight. theyre the same color as the sky. HE is bright and contrasting, but the blue is like camo for shells.

anyone else?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles
17 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

not color blind or anything...but it cant just be me that has issues seeing AP shells in flight. theyre the same color as the sky. HE is bright and contrasting, but the blue is like camo for shells.

anyone else?

On some of the maps, especially facing in certain directions, they can be hard to see cause the lighting effects can wash out the UI. I've taken torpedo hits before where I saw the big torpedo approaching indicator, but couldn't see the actual torps in the water until it was too late to correct my course. There is a good chance you're having a similar lighting issue. 

[PSP]
Members
6,221 posts
8,847 battles

There are mods that change the color of flying shells. Apparently they are acceptable because many of the community contributors use them. 

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,111 posts
3,565 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

There are mods that change the color of flying shells. Apparently they are acceptable because many of the community contributors use them. 

its no different than a skin mod really. it gives the user no additional information, it just displays it in a different manner. so theres no reason for it not to be legal.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

:Smile_great:

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,511 battles
2 hours ago, Hanger_18 said:

anyone else?

Yes, but only recently, and even then only on some maps.  A recent update screwed up something...

• Cool 1

Members
1,296 posts
21,011 battles

Yes, some maps AP is really difficult to see.  Wish they had an option for colored shells.  WW2 actually, the IJN had different colored shell

splashes so their ships could tell whose shells were doing what if multiple ships were going for the same target.  Now that would be groovy, man.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,340 posts
14,832 battles
20 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Yes, some maps AP is really difficult to see.  Wish they had an option for colored shells.  WW2 actually, the IJN had different colored shell

splashes so their ships could tell whose shells were doing what if multiple ships were going for the same target.  Now that would be groovy, man.

Just get Yamamoto and you get your red tracers...

Members
1,296 posts
21,011 battles
49 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Just get Yamamoto and you get your red tracers...

Yes, got 'im.  Wish I could use him on US and RN ships though.

[PSP]
Members
6,221 posts
8,847 battles
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

Wish they had an option for colored shells. Now that would be groovy, man.

If I could use dye packets in shells the ocean would look like a 1970's tie-dyed T shirt.

Sign in to follow this