You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GBean17

Erich Raeder (The designer of the Bismarck, and H class ships)

6 comments in this topic

[FF]
Members
83 posts
5,176 battles

Erich Raeder as seen here

54e7d7ad44ac8_erich_raeder.jpg.0248eebff2f99499b8ec7a0e8594a8fc.jpg

He was in charge Germany's navy starting in 1939 where he was basically tasked with rebuilding the navy for war. He concluded that there needed to be new battleships and was responsible for the Bismarck class and the other H classes. These are the Friedrich der Grosser and Grosser Kurfurst designs. After the Bismarck was sunk, this was the start of Raeder's decline where Hitler cancelled the other H class ships and made the navy's leader humiliated. This made him ultimately resign in 1943. So what's my point? 

Erich Raeder campaign will grant you this legendary commander. He would most likely excel in the adrenaline rush skill that gives 0.3% of increased reload per 1% of hp lost compared to the original 0.2%. The other skill could be 70% less dispersion for the manual secondaries skill.  

• Cool 3

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
1,174 posts
2,197 battles
1 minute ago, GBean17 said:

Erich Raeder campaign will grant you this legendary commander. He would most likely excel in the adrenaline rush skill that gives 0.3% of increased reload per 1% of hp lost compared to the original 0.2%. The other skill could be 70% less dispersion for the manual secondaries skill.  

Seems very interesting.

Also nice informative post.

I would really like a German special commander, if you ask me they could use other famous captains or important figures with respect to the German navy too.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,144 battles

You know authorizing the design of a BB is different from actually designing it right? He's not the designer. He was head of the German Navy during WWII, CICs don't usually personally design ships.

That said, I think the commander idea is a good one. However, WG has to be REALLY careful with the Nazi ships and captains. I don't know how Raeder was politically, but it might be a bit tough since he was one of the High Command.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

Gunther Lutjens FTW!

Also, Raeder resigned as a protest against Hitler ordering all surface warships scrapped after the Battle of the Barents Sea I believe.

• Cool 1

[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,215 battles

Erich Raeder would be a bad choice since he was convicted of war crimes and imprisoned for them.  His former boss Admiral Franz von Hipper (commander of the Battlecruiser Squadron during WW I) or Admiral Reinhard von Scheer (commander of the High Seas Fleet at Jutland) would make better choices since they were Imperial officers and participated in the great battles of WW I (Dogger Bank, Jutland, etc.). Also, they are not tainted by the Nazi political issues.