You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

There seems to be a working XVM. Is XVM legal to use?

86 comments in this topic

Members
1,384 posts
7,116 battles

I was told about a working XVM and given a link. I went to the link and it seems to be a legit working XVM but not sure if it works on the NA server but does work on the RU from what i have been told. My question is for WG is XVM legal to use? I will not post the link or install it till i get word of it being legal or not. 

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

I've heard that the devs behind WoWS are against stuff like XVM since it did quite a lot of harm to the WoT community and toxicity in game, but that's just hearsay. Personally wouldn't use it. Plus, I'm of the opinion that if blocking your stats make people think you're a noob, then blocking stats is the perfect camouflage. 

• Cool 2

Members
396 posts
9,438 battles

I really hope it doesn't become widely used, I've only heard negative things.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
806 posts
7,007 battles

You can use it, but you'll probably come down with depression or hypertension from the sea of oranges and tomatoes you'll find while using it. It's best to just go into each match blind and work your way towards a win from there.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I've never seen anyone mention other players win rates, and then go on to have a good game. So while I don't know if it's legal or not, my experience doesn't suggest it will help you play better.

Edited by cometguy

Beta Testers
1,974 posts
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

What is XVM

it's a color coded stat system..red being you suck uninstall noob too purple I am the lord of the game and get all the hot chicks...it's a cancer and it ruined Tanks..don't want to see it here

• Cool 4

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
13,313 battles

Its seems the last post that WoWS staff put out on the news...week ago (edited link above ^^)?  Made it pretty clear that ANY enhancement to the game that helped you gain an edge was specifically not acceptable.  Skins on your ship, in game music, anything that other players don't see and doesn't give you an edge (in any way) seem okay.   That was my take on their message.  XVM just leads to comparisons, inappropriate chat, and players saying "well we lose" when their win percentage is under 40 %.  It like another poster stated... "WoT cancer"  Lets keep it out of ships.  WoWS has done so many things RIGHT, keep it that way please.

• Cool 1

[SFBG]
Members
1,664 posts
9,407 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Dolza said:

it's a color coded stat system..red being you suck uninstall noob too purple I am the lord of the game and get all the hot chicks...it's a cancer and it ruined Tanks..don't want to see it here

^^^ Winning explanation of XVM

Beta Testers
375 posts
5,637 battles

And just because a player might only be mediocre doesn't mean they can't be awesome this time the fun is not knowing what the odds are in a game

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
7 minutes ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Here's a link to a topic that has the updated Mod policy and a few other helpful links. 

Jazzy, honestly, this link doesn't answer the question in the least.

I realize that you're "just" a moderator, but it would be nice if the policy on mods would be a LOT more clear in regards to those that provide statistics for players in your current battle.  Clear to the point of having WG come down specifically on one side or the other, yay or nay, on this question, because I gotta tell you, having read the links in the above Fair Play post, I saw nothing that directly addressed the issue (unless I missed something).

Thanks.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
27,107 posts
7,218 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Oh the whole, I'd rather see XVM kept out of the game.

Might be ok if installing it meant you were banned from chat until you uninstalled it... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Members
9,915 posts
13,288 battles
19 minutes ago, bewbs_ said:

I really hope it doesn't become widely used, I've only heard negative things.

16 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

It is WOT cancer.... don't let it in the game!

12 minutes ago, Lord_Dolza said:

7 minutes ago, Stampz said:

Extremely cancerous in WoT.  Hope it never becomes prevalent in WoWs.

KyJb4MY.gif

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
6 minutes ago, justdags said:

And just because a player might only be mediocre doesn't mean they can't be awesome this time the fun is not knowing what the odds are in a game

That's not going to stop a stats bully from harassing a player with weak stats.

As for "the fun is not knowing what the odds are in a game", I disagree.  Oh, I don't disagree because I want to know the odds.  I don't want to know the odds because I don't want to end up on teams on the short end of the odds quitting on the team.  Better to not know the odds and play the game properly in ignorance than to know the odds and have players quit, particularly very good players who decide that the game is a loss from the start and not want to "waste their time on a certain loss".

Members
2,842 posts
8,739 battles
4 minutes ago, justdags said:

Good quote. I've had some awesome games and we still lose. Then just the opposite, I sucked came in last, got sunk and the team wins. I made a lot of mistakes when I started. Worst was being a tier 3 player and thinking buying Premium BBs would help me. Bad move there. Overall win rate is not impressive but the last 6 months it is inching up. I'd like to think it's because I'm playing wiser.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Might be ok if installing it meant you were banned from chat until you uninstalled it... :Smile_teethhappy:

LOL!!!!  Good one, skpstr!  +1

• Cool 1

[-SCL-]
Beta Testers
903 posts
8,366 battles

An example of poor behavior due to XVM:

Player A: Well GG, we only have a 30% chance to win.

Game starts.

Player A has left the game.

Members
1,384 posts
7,116 battles

Well i guess i will wait and see. I understand all the points of view in here and i will just hold off. No need to have it anyways i guess at this point. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
5 minutes ago, Stampz said:

Game starts.

There are many examples.  That's a BIG one, particularly when player A is one of the best players on the team and causes the team's chances to nose dive due to him quitting.

Another is the obvious trash talking/bullying of players with weak stats.

Another is specifically targeting players due to their stats, whether it's aiming at the weaker players or the stronger players.  That said, I don't have much pity for unicums getting  targeted. Superstars in real sports have to deal with getting  double or triple teamed.  The true stars either learn to rise to the challenge or they're probably not as good as they think they are.

One of the upsides of knowing which players on your team are good or bad is knowing who you can trust, knowing who you should support, etc.  Mind you, there aren't many upsides to XVM, but this is one of them.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,107 posts
7,218 battles
8 minutes ago, Stampz said:

Game starts.

My favorite response to that was, "well, I have a 52% chance to win. In fact, since I'm playing a T20, it's closer to 58%"

It's funny, using XVM in WoT, with all the complaining about MM, I wouldn't have figured that matches would be predicted at  60/40 or closer so often.

[INTEL]
Members
12,341 posts
34,241 battles

Many people use MM monitoring programs. They are usually good at reassuring that the other team is a mix of potatoes just like your own.

Edited by Taichunger