You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

My Ship Fought On Without Me!

14 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

The server seems glitchy today. Firstly, the forum went down then WOWS would not connect. I finally connected only to get booted back to the menu. I got re-connected and into a game, only to be disconnected, not once, but twice! I was really excited about the game too because for once it had two CVs and I was in a Cleveland. I got re-connected and to my dismay my ship was still alive. I played some and was disconnected again... right at the moment that a spread of torpedoes was headed for me! I re-connected again, thinking that I would would find a dead ship, but no, my Cleveland had tactically beached without me! I played on and actually did quite well, coming in at the top of my team. My Kraken was just barely denied when the timer ran out. This has got to be the single weirdest game I've ever played.

https://replayswows.com/replay/11018#teams   

shot-17.12.12_15.12.10-0467.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

This could have been do to latency or other technical issues which didn't necessarily register correctly. If that experience continues please let us know.  

There is also a small possibility your ship is haunted.  We at Wargaming North America take spectral ships extremely serious and recommend caution in their usage.  

• Cool 9

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
5 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

There is also a small possibility your ship is haunted.  We at Wargaming North America take spectral ships extremely serious and recommend caution in their usage.  

:cap_like: As well as my Cleveland played while I was not there I'm wondering if you might not be correct. My ship seemed to do better without me than with me at the helm!

Members
2,842 posts
8,734 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

:cap_like: As well as my Cleveland played while I was not there I'm wondering if you might not be correct. My ship seemed to do better without me than with me at the helm!

I don't which was funnier, the haunted ship or your ship doing better without you! I've had the AFKD problem before also. Logged back in and it was sailing towards the corner at 1/2 speed and no damage. Best weird thing I've had happen was in the Arizona one night over a year ago. Main runs reloaded instantly. It was fire at will. Unfortunately I was the center of attention of the opposing CV.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles

I was wondering perhaps whether you had taken a German battleship into the game with a secondaries build and perchance set it going towards the enemy base point prior to disconnection, into which it headed and within which it beached itself, spewing death and destruction at all and sundry and winning the game.

But this is even more incredible.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,174 battles
18 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

This could have been do to latency or other technical issues which didn't necessarily register correctly. If that experience continues please let us know.  

You are not kidding!  A couple ghosts are let loose and look what you get!

Spoiler

MAo9MO8.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

1 hour ago, SgtSpud said:

Who says Karma is worthless......!

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
28 posts
17,145 battles

A haunted ship!  What a concept.  Think of the possibilities for either next Halloween and/or April Fools day.   

[AAYC]
Members
11,026 posts
30,397 battles

Oh, was it the server glitching out today?

Got DCed a bunch of times today, with the forums and website also going down.

Connection to San Jose and DC were both fine, based on speedtest servers, and nothing else went down.

Thought it was my new ISP not playing nice with WG for whatever reason.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles
2 minutes ago, issm said:

Oh, was it the server glitching out today?

Got DCed a bunch of times today, with the forums and website also going down.

Connection to San Jose and DC were both fine, based on speedtest servers, and nothing else went down.

Thought it was my new ISP not playing nice with WG for whatever reason.

I thought it was just me.  I played a single game, DC'd while loading.  Once I got in, it was REALLY laggy, I was warping all over the place.  I managed to top my team, mostly because the lag was so bad, I didn't actually try to do much fighting in my DD.  I just drove around and capped things, and managed to shank a Langley (he thought he was an airfield) and a Wyoming (yay for islands to make an approach from).  I rebooted after that, but didn't reconnect; I assumed the issue was on my side even though I rarely see lag.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,611 posts
4,602 battles

I got one about 9 CST and it was solid.  Got some glitches yesterday, though.

Snarg if some Mrs. Muir chick starts asking around, play dumb.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Snarg if some Mrs. Muir chick starts asking around, play dumb.

I actually get that reference as that was one of the few movies I watched as a kid.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,118 posts

I'll have to de-train manuel secondaries on my German BB Captains and Admirals so when I DC they can fire at will, lol.