Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SuperContainer

[TOOL] wows-stats-plus gives you detailed matching player's score

11 comments in this topic

[____]
Members
3 posts
278 battles

I belong to the clan of the author of Asia server, and I am writing it under the request from the author.

I would introduce a xvm like stats tool named "wows-stats-plus" reprinted from WG Asia forum as follows.

Hey guys,

Since I have finished developing about my stats tool with multi-language support and multi-region server,  I would introduce my real-time viewing stats tool named "wows-stats-plus" to you.

Screenshot of English viewing.

Main window

Setting window

This tool shows detailed matching players & ships score automatically on your web browser when battle matching is determined.

This tool provides you detailed stats information and a "Combat power(Fighting Power)" of each ships instantly like as the scouter of Dragon-Ball anime. :p

zzSwPym.png

Note: "Combat power" is calculated as follows.

CP = av. damage × kill/dead rate × av. experience × coefficient of tier and ship class

Yes, now this tool does not refer the win rate. But high CP ships usually sink many ships and get high result score in fact.

The origin of this tool is "wows-stats" by "rubycrow". And after a Japanese wows user "negi" modified viewing of wows-

stats, I customized his tool.

◆Features

• Show stats information of all matching players and ships on the random battle.
  • Show ships list with (maybe) same order as matching list of game client
  • Show value of "Fighting Power(Combat power)" , player's rank of latest season and the clan tag in addition. 
  • You can take a screenshot image and save it to local PC as a png file by click "Capture" button.
  • Each player's row is colored like as xvm.
  • You can disabled showing all player's name to post the screenshot as public.
  • Support multi-language viewing by preparing translate json file.

(Now I provide translate json files only for Japanese, English, Chinese(zh-tw) and Russian.)

• You can use this tool for multi-region server.
  • You can view xvm screen by external device's browser via local or internet like http://[IP address of PC]:8080
  • Support directly loading replay file by drag&drop .wowsreplay file to view_chrome.bat.

◆Envirinments

Web browser: Google Chrome(recommended), Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and more browser which is incorporated Javascript V8 engine.

Warning - Internet Explorer is not supported!!

Dependency: Need to install Node.js and original "wows-stats" from GitHub before installing my tool.

Install basic modules:

1. Make sure you have "Node.js" installed, and you have restarted your PC if you just ran the installation.
  2. Download and unzip original "wows-stats" to any folder of local PC from https://github.com/wows-stats/wows-stats/archive/master.zip or go to https://github.com/wows-stats/wows-stats and clone that repository to your computer.
  3. Make sure you have replay enabled in World of Warships. (Setting tool is here)
  4. Run "wows-stats-master/install.bat".
  5. You should see a web page open on http://localhost:8080, like this: 

f3h60CW.png

Note: If you leave or refresh this page, installation will be cancelled, and you will need to run install.bat again.

Settings of "wows-stats":

1. Change World of Warships Location to where you installed World of Warships, it is usually the default value "C:/Games/World_of_Warships". Click on Validate to make sure the location is correct.

2. Select your region server.

3. Make sure you need to register "Associated Phone Number" on Wargaming "ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT" page.

4. Get an Application ID from "Wargaming Developer Room"at your region.

• Create an application on "My Applications" page in "Wargaming Developer Room" at your region.

Note: Need to select type as "Mobile". Application name is any strings you prefer.

w8TNLpd.png

• And then copy the newly generated "Application ID".
  • Place Application ID you copied into Application ID text box.
  • Click on Validate to make sure the Application ID you placed works.

5. Click on Save. If everything goes through, the installation page will become a blank page.

6. Run "wows-stats-master/run.bat" to start original "wows-stats".

7. You should see a web page on http://localhost:8080, make sure only one web page to that address is open at all time.

8. After checking running application properly, then go to next step.

Install "wows-stats-plus" modules:

1. Download latest "wows-stats-plus" file and extract it with override to the same folder of "wows-stats" you installed (anywhere/wows-stats-master/) from GoogleDrive as follows.

Download  wows-stats-plus v1.1.0

2. Run "wows-stats-master/run.bat" to start as new "wows-stats-plus", or run "wows-stats-master/run_chrome.bat" to display stand alone browser window.

Note: you can use "run_nocapture.bat" instead of "run.bat" if you don't need screenshot functionality.

Congratulations! Now you can get the big advantage of statics information before starting battle.

◆Support

The latest version is provided on the topic in Japanese forum or my blog site (you can use Google Translate widget).

◆Cooperation

Because of my poor linguistic ability, please touch up translate text for English and Russian with editing lang_en.json/lang_ru.json/lang_zh-tw file under "wows-stats-master/static/js/language/". And please report it to bundle release package. 

And also please try to create json file for the other language like Thai(th) and more! 

I hope this tool is useful for your tactical playing.

But, be careful! You should not shrink your play motivation before the starting battle with huge CP enemy ships or low CP own team ships. XD

Thanks.

Edited by jet_ice
  • Meh 3

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,272 posts
6,902 battles
On 12/12/2017 at 1:12 PM, jet_ice said:

I would introduce a xvm like stats tool named "wows-stats-plus" reprinted from WG Asia forum as follows.

You'll be glad to know that people who have found this are using it are using it to troll team mates and harass people already. 

We had managed to keep similar projects off our server, for some time.  

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,322 battles

Where is the check box to automatically send disparaging chat messages to poor performing teammates with low overall stats?  :Smile-_tongue:

On 12/12/2017 at 11:12 AM, jet_ice said:

But, be careful! You should not shrink your play motivation before the starting battle with huge CP enemy ships or low CP own team ships. XD

The only reason you have to put this "warning" at the end of your post is because this is the exact effect that XVM tools have on many human brains (and this doesn't mention added frustration from stat sniping for the better players, either).  Not demeaning the effort you have put into programming your tool, but many people left tanks and enjoy this game better because there is NOT prevalent use of XVM in ships.

[LOU1]
Members
4,089 posts
11,348 battles

I admire your effort, but this is a sad development.  I worked hard last year to go from 42% to 49%, but it was for a somewhat personal goal of getting good at this game.  Now, it may become like tanks where I have to be concerned that people are spending more time analyzing my potential than interpreting the enemies current actions and the real-time situation.

[WOLFB]
Members
62 posts
10,832 battles

So, the earlier version works better than the latest version for me. So I'll stick with that.

But as for the complaints, I get it. But I was manually checking some stats at start of matches earlier. It just automates it.

It's useful to get data about what causes losses, or wins. I'd like to be able to store all info along with the results of the match to do some machine learning on large sets of data.

But one thing I've noticed so far, in many battles, especially ranked..It's whoever has the worst  couple of win % players that are most likely to lose, not really who has the best, because of their early deaths.

ExploratorOne, at 49% you're right in the middle, and no one will complain (except rude people) so don't worry about it.

It's really only the rude people who are going to be yapping at people about it anyway, and they'd be yapping about something regardless.

Edited by BadBadWoof

[GGWP]
Supertester
347 posts
9,438 battles
On 1/9/2018 at 7:27 PM, ExploratorOne said:

I admire your effort, but this is a sad development.  I worked hard last year to go from 42% to 49%, but it was for a somewhat personal goal of getting good at this game.  Now, it may become like tanks where I have to be concerned that people are spending more time analyzing my potential than interpreting the enemies current actions and the real-time situation.

I agree. we don't need anything like this because then players get 'tunnel vision' on stats more than whats going on in game. 

Members
23 posts
6,954 battles
On 10/31/2018 at 2:04 PM, StatutoryGape said:

What do you have to do if the webpage refused to connect?

consider yourself lucky

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,137 posts

Gee, this looks like something the game needs about as much as it could use more radar with unlimited range and duration. Maybe we could add premium ammo too.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this