Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Salute to BBs!

10 comments in this topic

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

In the lower tiers I have a bad habit of dissing BB play. Often accuse them of being way too non-aggressive.  Redemption for them!  Just played my Kuma on Solomon Island. Victory!  I was on the far left and 2 BBs behind me.  Naturally I figured they would let me take the brunt of the red attack coming around the island while they sat way in back sniping from max range hitting nothing while I died trying to blunt the attack. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  They moved up well within range and the 3 of us just slaughtered 4 red ships (2 BBs and 2 cruisers) pushing around the island. I shot and torped.  They laid it on and were fearless in supporting me. Well within range and they could not miss.  They pushed up even further. I got 1 and they got the other 3.  My torping helped, causing confusion and stark fear in red fleet.  You could smell their fear and they all paused....chickens. By golly cooperation is so cool when it happens. I take back all the naughty things I have said about low tier BB play.  At least for now. Thing was done right. :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles

Not every BB player is a sack of ****; there are some rotten tomatoes but thats in every line

But well done to you guys/girls!

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

I'm always very aggressive with my BBs (and all ships really). . .  It's nice when cruisers or DDs will work with me.  Good things, like you described, happen when they do.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,592 posts
3,816 battles

Well at least someone realizes we aren't all useless.

That said, when BBs have a cruiser or two around to keep off the DDs, we really appreciate that.

And a combined fast BB/CA push is one of the scariest things in WOWS. Even a Shima is going to have trouble stopping that.

• Cool 1

Members
2,842 posts
8,755 battles
18 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yea, after 20 months of being told I was camping, sniping, yoloing, being too aggressive, being too passive, can't hit anything, using the wrong shell type, make that Colorado do 30 knots so you can keep up, etc. You know though 100 attaboys equals 1 aw sh$t.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
34 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

That said, when BBs have a cruiser or two around to keep off the DDs, we really appreciate that.

And a combined fast BB/CA push is one of the scariest things in WOWS. Even a Shima is going to have trouble stopping that.

I keep saying in chat to BBs to move up and together we can waste these guys who are attacking. It happened in this match. Magnificent to see those 2 BBs charging to my rescue and showing no fear. They were bold enough to get into the "no miss" zone and they did't miss. They were not crazy.  They were prudent and did it right. It was us 3 against 4.  Killed them all and probably won the match since over on the other side my team was not doing so good.  Had those 4 ships killed me and blown by me they would have been in our rear and, well, you know what happens when that happens.  It was just a FUN thing. Numbers working together.  That's what it takes. Been fundamental in warfare since the first cave men attacked the cave men who invaded their turf. It was scary to that red team.  They paused, sh#t their pants and we took em down.  Some great shooting by my BBs cause they were well within killing range.  Man, that is all it takes...usually. :Smile_honoring:

I forget what joint conference in WWII it was but someone commented to Stalin that the Pope might not like what we, the allies, were planning.  I think it was the invasion of Italy. His retort to our guys: "How many divisions does the Pope have?"  Pretty famous statement by him.  Some may have heard of that. He was a very brutal man but very very intelligent.  Anyone who dealt with him would comment on that. He was also the master of the "to the point" short pithy statement. 

Sign in to follow this