Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

They're making robots officers now! Clickbait! Sensational!

15 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,368 posts
17,577 battles

9GL8GxO.gif

HcqORAn.gif

Yeah I know he's not technically an officer - I think, I'm not that well versed in recognizing US rank insignia. He's still in an authority position, and it makes for a catchier title. :)

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,779 battles

I have had the privilege of watching this kind inspection twice at The Tomb Of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington.

Its is something else up close. 

• Cool 3

[ADOPT]
[ADOPT]
Members
75 posts
6,574 battles

I knew it. Those rifle moves are secret codes the robot soldiers are sending back to the Illuminati. Plotting world domination.

#confirmed #woke

Members
2,842 posts
8,746 battles

I have seen it also. It's a very humbling experience to visit that place. I visited that whole area and spent a full day there. I also went to the Vietnam War memorial and took a rubbing of my uncle's name back to my mother.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I saw a video that I'm sure had that same staff sergeant where he lost control of the gun and launched it over the guy's head.

Edited by AspiringCodger

[TF16]
Members
840 posts
8,703 battles

There's a recent video of them dropping the rifle...where the bayonet goes into the soldier's foot.  No reaction.  

[CTG80]
[CTG80]
Members
4,535 posts
13,621 battles
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

9GL8GxO.gif

HcqORAn.gif

Yeah I know he's not technically an officer - I think, I'm not that well versed in recognizing US rank insignia. He's still in an authority position, and it makes for a catchier title. :)

The one on the left is a Staff Sergeant, E-6.  The one on the left is a Private, E-1.  The weapon is U.S. Rifle, M-14.  The last of the wood-and-steel weapons used by the US Army.  Caliber 7.62mm.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,368 posts
17,577 battles
Just now, mohawkdriver said:

The one on the left is a Staff Sergeant, E-6.  The one on the left is a Private, E-1.

Thanks. Like I said, US rank insignia aren't my forte.

1 minute ago, mohawkdriver said:

The weapon is U.S. Rifle, M-14.  The last of the wood-and-steel weapons used by the US Army.  Caliber 7.62mm.

Knew that though. Beautiful weapon. Always loved the M-14.

• Meh 1

[CTG80]
[CTG80]
Members
4,535 posts
13,621 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Thanks. Like I said, US rank insignia aren't my forte.

Knew that though. Beautiful weapon. Always loved the M-14.

I just bought an M1A loaded on an Archangel stock.  Scoping it this Xmas.  Can't wait to see how it shoots at long range.

Members
2,842 posts
8,746 battles
5 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

I just bought an M1A loaded on an Archangel stock.  Scoping it this Xmas.  Can't wait to see how it shoots at long range.

My son collects guns and has one. I shot it about a year ago. You'll be impressed with it.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
47 posts
2,396 battles

I did some base Honor Guard work when I was in the service, and let me tell you, keeping those white gloves clean is such a chore. The rifle has to be absolutely spotless if you don't want to end up with stains on the gloves themselves. And the old M-14s we had liked to transfer the wood finish onto our gloves if the were not meticulously cleaned every single day... ah, the memories.

Doing that kind of thing is a matter of practice. Do a routine a hundred times a day, weeks on end, and the motions become second nature. And you had 3-5 other troops watching you and stopping you if it looked like you even made a slight error.

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,724 posts

1. Nice to see that America is finally catching up to China's level of drill precision

4 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

This is a real treat:

As great as that is, the first thing that pops into my mind is this...    xD

Sign in to follow this