You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

colorado is da boss with ihfe

38 comments in this topic

[--K--]
Members
6,626 posts
14,434 battles

this thing is awsome! the he was great before, now it's awesome. getting citadel on everything now wit it, omahas, emeralds, aoba, danaes, phoenix, myoko, atlanta. I don't see why anyone ever loads the armor shells. i had a game with 40k in it!! 

• Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,365 posts
17,577 battles

Eh, your troll is weak. 2/7.

• Cool 6

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,819 battles
39 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

this thing is awsome! the he was great before, now it's awesome. getting citadel on everything now wit it, omahas, emeralds, aoba, danaes, phoenix, myoko, atlanta. I don't see why anyone ever loads the armor shells. i had a game with 40k in it!! 

I came on the forums for this?

29 minutes ago, Lert said:

Eh, your troll is weak. 2/7.

That is generous.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
6,225 posts
3,085 battles
42 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

If you're using HE on the Colorado, then you're doing it wrong. In fact, anyone who uses HE in a BB is doing it wrong.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,107 posts
7,239 battles
4 minutes ago, TheHolySpork said:

I came on the forums for this?

IKR? Everybody knows that IFHE on the Colorado is all about the secondaries. (MFCS is a must!)

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,537 posts
10,372 battles
51 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

That's some funny stuff right there.  

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
2 minutes ago, Murcc said:

That's some funny stuff right there.  

Nah dude whats funnier was i put my belfast captain with iFHE and demo on my conq...... dear lord you thought 12k slavos where good on yamato with he? I was getting 24k salvos

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,365 posts
17,577 battles
15 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

In fact, anyone who uses HE in a BB is doing it wrong.

Your troll is even weaker, 1/7.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,561 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

Haha I needed this laugh in the middle of moving so won't be playing for a week. 

Alpha Tester
6,225 posts
3,085 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Who said I was trolling? AP is what gets you citadels, and citadels are the only reason to play BBs at all. I'm cripplingly addicted to seeing big numbers pop up on screen and I think every other BB main out there is as well.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,365 posts
17,577 battles
6 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

AP is what gets you citadels

Yeah, goodluck getting citadels on bow-on battleships two tiers higher than you, destroyers, and other situations where AP is at best going to give you 10% overpen damage if not just harmlessly bounce off. The good player knows when to use which ammo, regardless of what he's driving.

Any "<insert class here> should only use <insert ammo / weapon here> ever, regardless of the circumstances" is at best weak trolling, at worst just outright stupid.

Alpha Tester
6,225 posts
3,085 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Yeah, goodluck getting citadels on bow-on battleships two tiers higher than you, destroyers, and other situations where AP is at best going to give you 10% overpen damage if not just harmlessly bounce off. The good player knows when to use which ammo, regardless of what he's driving.

In the first case, you aim slightly higher so that the shots hit the deck armour, which is usually thinner. If not that, then you get around them so you can shoot at their broadside, or at least distract them so someone else can kill them. As for the second case, you've seen the videos of massive AP salvos on DDs, right? Finally, I'll take lots of overpens adding up to big damage as well. If the shots are bouncing, then you maneuver into a better position so that they don't bounce.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,365 posts
17,577 battles

Yes, because completely changing position and flanking enemies takes less time than a reload cycle is completely safe as well ofcourse.

Oh, just 'move around' that battleship that's 10 km ahead of me?

Yes I've seen massive AP salvos on destroyers - when they're bow or stern on, When they're broadside guess what AP tends to do.

Like I said,

8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Any "<insert class here> should only use <insert ammo / weapon here> ever, regardless of the circumstances" is at best weak trolling, at worst just outright stupid.

Use the correct ammo for the correct situation.

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles
3 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I am sure as others have posted that this is a troll post. But, in case a new player reads it and thinks this is a good thing...

1. IFHE would be a waste on Colorado for the main guns due to their size. Might help secondary guns but it is a waste for the main guns. IFHE is for Cruisers and DD's with smaller guns to help them pen higher tier ships and BB's with armor their smaller guns normally can't. It is not a BB useful tool (maybe on a BRN BB?).
  2. Colorado's AP is the best load on the ship and using HE in it, except for a few rare cases, is just hurting YOU not the enemy. While you are plinking away with your HE and hoping to start a fire or two with it the enemy BB's who know what they are doing will be shooting you with AP and CHUNKING you for huge salvos. Want to do damage with Colorado? Keep AP loaded. Also, use those 4 points you wasted on IFHE for something like AFT to help your AA which is another strength of the ship.
  3. So, you see a lot of Danae's and Phoenix's in your Colorado? Unless this is through a Division snafu where the T4 is dragged up by a T5+ ship you won't be seeing them in a T7 Colorado. T4 faces T3-T5 ships only.
  4. If you haven't been able to citadel the T5+ Cruisers you list with your Colorado's AP it is your aim because all of them are citadel slot machines for a Colorado's AP. Heck they are Devastating Strike slot machines for Colorado's AP.
  5. People load AP in Colorado because they know it is the best ammo choice in 99% of circumstances. It provides the largest damage numbers consistently and also has the potential to 1 shot a lot of the ships it faces with a good hit. Guys who shoot primarily HE from Colorado, or really any non BRN BB (with a few exceptions like the Premium T4 IJN BB) are doing themselves a disservice and screwing their team.
  6. I have had single salvo's in Colorado using AP that exceed 40K.

Hopefully no one reads your post and actually thinks it is a good idea? :Smile_amazed::Smile_facepalm:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

BBHE   with IFHE FTW!.         I see more HE being slung by BB  all over the tier now.    its fun and engaging.   I can't wait till I have enough point for IFHE  

Members
2,984 posts
1,448 battles
2 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

If you're using HE on the Colorado, then you're doing it wrong. In fact, anyone who uses HE in a BB is doing it wrong.

Even the BRitish?

Alpha Tester
6,225 posts
3,085 battles
Just now, KnightFandragon said:

Even the BRitish?

First two games in the King George V: Both 125k damage, multiple citadels, multiple kills, not a single round of HE sent downrange.

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles
5 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Even the BRitish?

I actually used AP primarily in BRN BB's until I hit the KGV. Iron Duke actually has very good AP. Yes those other BB's could start a lot of fires with HE but 1 salvo of AP can do more damage than multiple fires and small damage of the HE. KGV is the 1st one where I start out with HE loaded and keep it there until a situation presents itself where the AP is useful. I pretty much get stuff burning with it and then use AP for the finish or if I get close I swap to the AP.

Obviously, HE is strong in the BRN BB's and I can see using it a lot but too many totally ignore the AP and just use HE which is stupid. Even poor AP will outperform good HE on a flat broadside ship. If I see one more BRN BB try and brawl another BB or shoot at a 6km Cruiser that is broadside using HE I will scream.

Personally I hate the gimmick of BRN BB's being HE Spam. I was so looking forward to them. BB's should primarily shoot AP and be the bully of the block with their 1 shot potential. BB's shouldn't pew-pew HE Spam from the back like a Cruiser. We have enough HE Spam from Cruisers and DD's to deal with as a BB player never mind the other BB's using it. Now we have all the people who see BRN BB's using it and think they should too in their USN, KM, and IJn BB's which is STUPID with very few exceptions.