Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Salem v. Des Moines Preview

25 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,653 posts
6,074 battles

First a note...  in the video I State the Salem is 1.5 knots faster than the DM.  I was running Sierra Mikes on the Salem.   Derp.  The two are virtually identical ships.  The Salem loses 12 orlekons and has slightly less torp protection. Other than that, few will notice differences...

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,715 posts
12,271 battles
15 minutes ago, Gavorche said:

It has less torpedo protection? Is that even possible lol?

The torpedo bulkhead is lined with Torpex. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,090 battles

Isn't the Damage Control between the two different? SEA lists it has a DD version.

[NEWB]
Members
47 posts
1,528 battles

Let us hope they drop their Stalingrad plans because they don't know how to balance battleship-guns on a TX cruiser and make this clanwars-only.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
8,843 battles
28 minutes ago, Tiracel said:

Let us hope they drop their Stalingrad plans because they don't know how to balance battleship-guns on a TX cruiser and make this clanwars-only.

They better drop those Stalingrad plans or they are going to lose the cash flow of at least one large whale.

Members
5,202 posts
29 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

They better drop those Stalingrad plans or they are going to lose the cash flow of at least one large whale.

I'll wager that even more whales will bale if Stalingrad plans are halted.

• Cool 1

[PSV]
Beta Testers
474 posts
4,314 battles
4 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

I'll wager that even more whales will bale if Stalingrad plans are halted.

This.

Let the age old whining about how not every ship is for sale commence.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,957 posts
14,614 battles
1 hour ago, Tiracel said:

Stalingrad gonna take at least more one year to come to game, its need 3 flags from 3 seasons.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,957 posts
14,614 battles

Anyway

"ST, American cruiser Salem, tier X

"Surveillance Radar" consumable was changed and now has the following stats: 20 seconds duration, 7.5 km detection range, 180 seconds cooldown, 2 charges (120 second cooldown and 3 charges for premium equipment). "Repair Party" consumable's stats were also changed and now are: 20 seconds duration, 120 seconds cooldown, 2 charges (80 seconds cooldown and 3 charges for premium equipment)."

From dev page in facebook.

20 seconds of radar.... 'meh'.

[PHUA]
Beta Testers
225 posts
3,902 battles

20 seconds of a radar that's had a quarter of its range cut off?  Man, hope they weren't planning on making money off this ship.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles

20 second duration heal sound like it's getting the COnqueror/Lion/Edinburgh/Neptune/Minotaur super heal.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
8,843 battles
44 minutes ago, 208twelve said:

This.

Let the age old whining about how not every ship is for sale commence.

Nah, Ill take that wager any day of the week. Nothing more moronic for a developer to release a completely unique ship with a gated requirement. Devs have learned this for just about every other game, that is why cosmetics are the standard and have been for awhile now actually.
Salem makes sense as a CB reward, not Stalingrad

Edited by zarth12
  • Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,957 posts
14,614 battles
50 minutes ago, Carl said:

20 second duration heal sound like it's getting the COnqueror/Lion/Edinburgh/Neptune/Minotaur super heal.

not really matters if you can be deleted like a minotaur~

[PSV]
Beta Testers
474 posts
4,314 battles
1 hour ago, zarth12 said:

Nah, Ill take that wager any day of the week. Nothing more moronic for a developer to release a completely unique ship with a gated requirement. Devs have learned this for just about every other game, that is why cosmetics are the standard and have been for awhile now actually.
Salem makes sense as a CB reward, not Stalingrad

Wager? What wager? There was never any talk of a wager here, only the calling out of the whiners over reward ships not being sold. Flint hasn't been sold. Black hasn't been sold. Stalingrad, as of now, won't be sold either. There always seems to be those very vocal few who can't wrap their heads around the concept of rewards and why they can't just buy them. Because it's Wargaming's game and they said so, that's why. Their game, their rules. There doesn't have to be any other reason. Nobody's forcing you to play. There's plenty of other games that will happily take your money.

Bye now.

• Cool 2

Members
5,202 posts
7 minutes ago, 208twelve said:

Wager? What wager? There was never any talk of a wager here, only the calling out of the whiners over reward ships not being sold. Flint hasn't been sold. Black hasn't been sold. Stalingrad, as of now, won't be sold either. There always seems to be those very vocal few who can't wrap their heads around the concept of rewards and why they can't just buy them. Because it's Wargaming's game and they said so, that's why. Their game, their rules. There doesn't have to be any other reason. Nobody's forcing you to play. There's plenty of other games that will happily take your money.

Bye now.

It's comical when people wave the "I'll stop buying your stuff!" threat thinking that they as an individual hold some leverage over WG. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
8,843 battles
44 minutes ago, 208twelve said:

Bye now.

lol. So anyone that says something you don't agree with is a whiner?  I get it. Nice logical fallacy. Insulting your own intelligence does not bode well for your position.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't even read the post you quoted before mine, in which I quoted you. It clearly talks about a wager. Learn to read perhaps?

Also feel free to quote exactly, where I mentioned anything about a desire for Stalingrad to be for sale.

Flint and Black are what again? They are minor alterations of ships that are available in the tech tree. Just like Salem. This make sense for a Reward.

Stalingrad is completely different. It is actually a unique ship that differs greatly from the Moskva.

The rest of your post is just a childish rant. The claim I made that was that they would lose the wallets of many large whales because of Stalingrad if they keep it a CB reward only. Me being one of them. Losing our wallet =/= quitting the game.

Edited by zarth12

[WOLF3]
Members
25,219 posts
22,240 battles

Source for the Salem consumables, which came out not long ago.

You want to make a worse Des Moines?  This is how you make a worse Des Moines.

[PSV]
Beta Testers
474 posts
4,314 battles
42 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

lol. So anyone that says something you don't agree with is a whiner?  I get it. Nice logical fallacy. Insulting your own intelligence does not bode well for your position.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't even read the post you quoted before mine, in which I quoted you. It clearly talks about a wager. Learn to read perhaps?

Also feel free to quote exactly, where I mentioned anything about a desire for Stalingrad to be for sale.

Flint and Black are what again? They are minor alterations of ships that are available in the tech tree. Just like Salem. This make sense for a Reward.

Stalingrad is completely different. It is actually a unique ship that differs greatly from the Moskva.

The rest of your post is just a childish rant. The claim I made that was that they would lose the wallets of many large whales because of Stalingrad if they keep it a CB reward only. Me being one of them. Losing our wallet =/= quitting the game.

I have very little patience when it comes to dealing with thick headed children so I tend to exercise frequent and highly enjoyable use of the forum block list. Welcome to it. #FeelsGoodMan

As for the last response I'll have for you, let's get right to it.

Quote the right person next time instead of swallowing the bait, hook, line and sinker. You got played. It's abundantly clear by your lack of understanding the words in front of your face that only intelligence that's been insulted is your own, kiddo. The rest of your post is, oh, I don't know..."a childish rant, perhaps?" 

You're butthurt that you can't just buy everything you want. We got it. As Wombat mentioned your empty threat of leaving is pathetic. If you quit playing I'll spend a celebratory $100 on the game just because you left. Not that I need to but spite just feels so satisfying. Your wallet means nothing.

Now that you've effectively derailed this thread into oblivion I shall make my exit and enjoy this beer. Here's to you. Cheers.

• Cool 1

[PSV]
Beta Testers
474 posts
4,314 battles
1 hour ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

It's comical when people wave the "I'll stop buying your stuff!" threat thinking that they as an individual hold some leverage over WG. 

I laugh everytime, too.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
8,843 battles
4 minutes ago, 208twelve said:

I have very little patience when it comes to dealing with thick headed children so I tend to exercise frequent and highly enjoyable use of the forum block list. Welcome to it. #FeelsGoodMan

As for the last response I'll have for you, let's get right to it.

Quote the right person next time instead of swallowing the bait, hook, line and sinker. You got played. It's abundantly clear by your lack of understanding the words in front of your face that only intelligence that's been insulted is your own, kiddo. The rest of your post is, oh, I don't know..."a childish rant, perhaps?" 

You're butthurt that you can't just buy everything you want. We got it. As Wombat mentioned your empty threat of leaving is pathetic. If you quit playing I'll spend a celebratory $100 on the game just because you left. Not that I need to but spite just feels so satisfying. Your wallet means nothing.

Now that you've effectively derailed this thread into oblivion I shall make my exit and enjoy this beer. Here's to you. Cheers.

lol. Thank you for revealing your ignorance to the community, if it wasn't already clear.
So I was clearly right. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is <insert ad hominem here>.

I did quote the right person. YOU quoted someone who mentioned a wager, I quoted you responding to him. Again, your illiteracy clearly knows no bounds.

Still waiting for you to quote exactly where I mentioning anything about wanting to "buy everything" or even the Stalingrad to be "purchasable". I am still waiting. You seem to be the only one in this thread stuck up on needing everything to be purchasable. Perhaps we are now seeing the surfacing of a deep psychological trauma?

Obviously this is Wargamings title, they do get the final say. If we as paying customers do not like something, we stop paying for it. It is called voting with our wallets.. Welcome to capitalism, albeit clearly beyond your level of thought.

Edited by zarth12

Sign in to follow this