Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

Duke of Yuck no longer

161 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,872
[SIM]
Members
4,649 posts
7,770 battles

So Wargaming has turned Duke of York into a traditional battleship, eschewing the cruiser gimmicks and lack of heal. I’m happy about it, I’m sure that plenty of folks won’t be. 

 

 

4DBB308E-DFFE-4A98-9A55-3C8F70E8F1BF.png

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,172
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
8 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

So Wargaming has turned Duke of York into a traditional battleship, eschewing the cruiser gimmicks and lack of heal. I’m happy about it, I’m sure that plenty of folks won’t be. 

 

 

4DBB308E-DFFE-4A98-9A55-3C8F70E8F1BF.png

Funny, taking away durability from a battleship made it less aggressive. God, who would have thought THAT was what would happen...

Well at least now it will be worthwhile, depending on how it compares to the tree KGV I would even consider buying it and reassigning my 19 pnt Resident KGV Captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,277
[-K-]
Members
8,020 posts
13,215 battles

So she's just a copy and paste clone of KGV now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,216
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,232 posts
18,432 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

So she's just a copy and paste clone of KGV now?

No; different nameplate!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,813
Beta Testers, Members, In AlfaTesters, Supertester
2,008 posts

That's lame. 

Had no issues with not having a heal on it. It was good to see a Battleship players had to think on how to use.

Now its just like all the rest. Simply a copy of the KGV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,046 posts
9,180 battles

WP WG!! This is a good thing. 

 

Now it might be a good ship. I get that WG want to make a few changes, and maybe test ideas for a new BB line, but trade heal for two situational gimmicks isnt a good trade.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,172
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

So she's just a copy and paste clone of KGV now?

Worse AA, Sonar instead of aviation facilities, Better rudder shift, (17 vs 21) and worse reload for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts

They really need to restore the improved rudder shift though.  If she's going to be getting in close to use that hydro they need to let her react to what she spots, and maybe beef up her secondaries.

 

As-is, she's got reduced heal, reduced hydro vs. a normal consumable, and slower reload.  Better rudder shift and/or secondary range would help make up for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,172
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, Tanz said:

It was good to see a Battleship players had to think on how to use.

They did, they choose to hide and never advance. That's sure what we needed, more BB's hiding further back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,565
[REVY]
Members
6,449 posts
5,168 battles
29 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

So Wargaming has turned Duke of York into a traditional battleship, eschewing the cruiser gimmicks and lack of heal. I’m happy about it, I’m sure that plenty of folks won’t be. 

 

 

4DBB308E-DFFE-4A98-9A55-3C8F70E8F1BF.png

I read this and actually smiled!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,277
[-K-]
Members
8,020 posts
13,215 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Worse AA, Sonar instead of aviation facilities, Better rudder shift, (17 vs 21) and worse reload for some reason.

 

Just now, TheDreadnought said:

They really need to restore the improved rudder shift though.  If she's going to be getting in close to use that hydro they need to let her react to what she spots, and maybe beef up her secondaries.

 

As-is, she's got reduced heal, reduced hydro vs. a normal consumable, and slower reload.  Better rudder shift and/or secondary range would help make up for that.

Let's hope she's a free reward ship for the North Cape campaign.  Otherwise, I see no reason for anyone to spend any $$$ on her.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,172
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
Just now, Ace_04 said:

 

 Otherwise, I see no reason for anyone to spend any $$$ on her.

If you intended to keep the KGV in port with a 19 point commander, having her is a way to reduce the number of 19pnters you need. I'd move mine to Lion, and Lions to Conqs instead of continuing to get them all up to 19, then I would only have the 17 pnter on Conq that still needs leveling. Depending on how you value your time, that can be worth it by itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,565
[REVY]
Members
6,449 posts
5,168 battles
4 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Worse AA, Sonar instead of aviation facilities, Better rudder shift, (17 vs 21) and worse reload for some reason.

LOL, that almost sounds like Prince of Wales.  Shoddy guns with AA problems.  Think her gimmick will be a smokescreen?

Edited by Sventex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,877
[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,300 posts
9,116 battles

Good, I didn't want one of these things on my team taking up a BB slot and permanently losing 20% of its HP from a few Nagato normal pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,872
[SIM]
Members
4,649 posts
7,770 battles
6 minutes ago, Tanz said:

That's lame. 

Had no issues with not having a heal on it. It was good to see a Battleship players had to think on how to use.

Now its just like all the rest. Simply a copy of the KGV.

Your anti-BB bias is showing, and it’s not a flattering look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

LOL, that almost sounds like Prince of Wales.  Shoddy guns with AA problems.  Think her gimmick will be a smokescreen?

 

I actually recommended a Prince of Wales with reduced AA and smokescreen.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,873
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,042 posts
7,683 battles

Sigh...now it's just a boring copy pasta of the King George.  If they are going to give it worse reload than the King George, the least they can do is let it keep the 2.0 sigma.  The old version looked to be a disaster, but it at least had me somewhat interested and intrigued about what was to come.....but now it's just the Duke of Meh.  

 

12 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Good. It was a BAD idea.

No, it was a good idea, just very poorly executed.  There are so many possibilities unlocked by not giving a BB a heal.  That paves the way for better dispersion and sigma, better handling, better reload or any other number of factors, but I guess WG just didn't want to go down that road.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,172
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, yashma said:
18 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

 

No, it was a good idea, just very poorly executed.  There are so many possibilities unlocked by not giving a BB a heal.  That paves the way for better dispersion and sigma, better handling, better reload or any other number of factors, but I guess WG just didn't want to go down that road.   

No, with the way gunnery works in this game, anything that reduces any ships durability is a profoundly stupid idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
182
[TF16]
Members
840 posts
8,703 battles

I was growing fond of the previous version of the Duke.  Now it's just a simple copy-paste ship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,323
[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

I wonder what the overlap is between people that complain BBs don't tank enough and people who think a BB without a heal is a good idea. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,565
[REVY]
Members
6,449 posts
5,168 battles
Just now, TTK_Aegis said:

I wonder what the overlap is between people that complain BBs don't tank enough and people who think a BB without a heal is a good idea. 

Bored Players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,172
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
Just now, TTK_Aegis said:

I wonder what the overlap is between people that complain BBs don't tank enough and people who think a BB without a heal is a good idea. 

Probably a lot. Those with one set of bad ideas tend to share another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×