You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Team Killing - Tell me again, please

21 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,375 posts

So many battles in (>10K) that I cannot remember the last time I got TK'd... but it happened this morning. Torps from a Leander. Anyhow... 

I looked at the after match stats - and was surprised to see I had to pay for the match. I thought a long time ago it was determined should you be TK'd, the person doing the TK paid for your ship/match. Guess not? Why not?

Usually the one thing that will almost always assure a change in behavior is a hit to the "wallet"... So I'm thinking a TK should initially be pay for the ship completely - and get twice that cost taken from your pile of silver. If you don't have it that's okay, they'll just take it out of your future battles.

Whatcha think? tiafyc

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
5,344 posts
11,536 battles

Compensation was altered. You receive nothing for being TK'd essentially, in such a way that it makes it not worth farming from. The TKer still has to pay for the action.

[TOG]
Members
4,081 posts
22,327 battles

I almost got TK'd last night. I got the answer of ribbit when I asked who fired the torps. I expect this to be a frequent occurrence from the holidays and newbies from the steam portal.

I really want some recompence  when things like this happens. Just to bring home the negative reinforcement.

[HINON]
Members
12,832 posts

If you were paid for getting tked it would encourage low lifes to ram friendlies to get themselves tked to save credits.

• Cool 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
31 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So many battles in (>10K) that I cannot remember the last time I got TK'd... but it happened this morning. Torps from a Leander. Anyhow... 

I looked at the after match stats - and was surprised to see I had to pay for the match. I thought a long time ago it was determined should you be TK'd, the person doing the TK paid for your ship/match. Guess not? Why not?

Usually the one thing that will almost always assure a change in behavior is a hit to the "wallet"... So I'm thinking a TK should initially be pay for the ship completely - and get twice that cost taken from your pile of silver. If you don't have it that's okay, they'll just take it out of your future battles.

Whatcha think? tiafyc

I like the idea. :Smile_honoring:

[GWG]
Members
6,719 posts
12,788 battles

Last couple TKs I suffered through were so fogged by RNG, that I just had to laugh it off.

In a late night ALL BOT CV battle (me - the only human) - had a DD turn right into a torpedo that I swear I didn't command to drop.

And the last one being a very suspicious stray (way out of the dispersion field) shot that detonated a friendly from 6K when max damage from an HE round was around 2K.

And also saw a Langley turn pink when auto drop bombs set an AFK ship on fire that a non-attacking bot parked next to. Then the bot citadeled it down to a couple hundred where the fire finally killed the AFK.

Stuff like this....   no.  I see a lot of TK injected into this game as 'Part of the Entertainment'.

So enjoy the game...  working as intended.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,694 posts
12,368 battles
16 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

In a late night ALL BOT CV battle (me - the only human) - had a DD turn right into a torpedo that I swear I didn't command to drop.

And the last one being a very suspicious stray (way out of the dispersion field) shot that detonated a friendly from 6K when max damage from an HE round was around 2K.

You were a victim of (wait for it)...

saBOTage!!

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,459 posts
11,285 battles

Had a DM tk 2 people on the team because he was frustrated.  I was too because the enemy CV had to Dets against our team.  One DB on a DD and alone torpedo plane hit me in a turn on my Iowa and det me.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

Every time I start grinding a new line, or decide to seal club for a bit I have to deal with these morons in the lower ranks that TK you, then cry foul because you ran into their torps that they fired from behind you, into your path.... ugh... The bigger question is, why am I penalized for some [edited] tking me? All friendly damage should be reflected. There is no reason for this useless mechanic in the game. Often a tk will cost real money, among other valuable items.

[TBW]
Members
9,822 posts
16,571 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So many battles in (>10K) that I cannot remember the last time I got TK'd.

If this is the case then it's not much loss anyway, If you were losing millions in credits it would be a bigger deal.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,375 posts

Kevs... I think that's where I'm at on TK's... I long ago asked for them to incorporate a "forgive" button... for those instances where you felt the TK was truly accidental. It really is those guys who drive with their bow up your stern thinking somehow that DD can be a meat shield for me... who turn away and drop torps when you're engaged against the reds and boom. You had no time to do anything. 

I was just curious - I do see two sides of it for sure... but I'd qualify this type of thing while I let regular TK code do its stuff. Death by torpedoes is a whole different thing than a ram, isn't it? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,375 posts
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If this is the case then it's not much loss anyway, If you were losing millions in credits it would be a bigger deal.

True - I'm just wondering what it would be like to join the game as a new player, get tk'd then find out you paid for the ship AND the consumables. Not a warm fuzzy I bet. 

[TBW]
Members
9,822 posts
16,571 battles
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

True - I'm just wondering what it would be like to join the game as a new player, get tk'd then find out you paid for the ship AND the consumables. Not a warm fuzzy I bet. 

Probably a lot more tk's at the low tiers right now, that is true.

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles
7 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Every time I start grinding a new line, or decide to seal club for a bit I have to deal with these morons in the lower ranks that TK you, then cry foul because you ran into their torps that they fired from behind you, into your path.... ugh... The bigger question is, why am I penalized for some [edited] tking me? All friendly damage should be reflected. There is no reason for this useless mechanic in the game. Often a tk will cost real money, among other valuable items.

I have the same problems in all the tiers.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
8 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Kevs... I think that's where I'm at on TK's... I long ago asked for them to incorporate a "forgive" button... for those instances where you felt the TK was truly accidental. It really is those guys who drive with their bow up your stern thinking somehow that DD can be a meat shield for me... who turn away and drop torps when you're engaged against the reds and boom. You had no time to do anything. 

I was just curious - I do see two sides of it for sure... but I'd qualify this type of thing while I let regular TK code do its stuff. Death by torpedoes is a whole different thing than a ram, isn't it? 

Oh yeah, this incidental TK is totally fine. You are usually low enough you weren't going to live much longer any way. Its the TK from full health or nearly full health that drives me nuts.

edit, although to stand by my original statement, just reflect all friendly damage. ramming and errant shells wont reflect that much damage any way. it still conveys the point, be careful what you shoot at, w/o needlessly penalizing someone on your team that gets TK'd

Edited by Kevs02Accord
  • Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,774 posts
29 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

You were a victim of (wait for it)...

saBOTage!!

Ewwwwww  >_<  that was so bad it left an aftertaste

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,537 posts
10,372 battles

I wore torps from a friendly a couple of games ago.  I was in my DD and surrounded by enemy ships and was tucked in tight to an island to avoid being shot, all the while waiting for an enemy Atlanta that was detected, to drive by.  It did happen and I launched torps and started evasive moves to avoid being shot before they hit.  I did manage to avoid all shots and killed the Atlanta.  His guns were aimed the wrong way and I was too close for him to react quick enough.  However, I suddenly got hit by a friendly torp and promptly died.  I added a sarcastic "thank you for the torps" in chat and added "you shouldn't send torps towards friendly ships".  His response was that it was my fault for not avoiding them and that I shouldn't have driven into an area where he was sending his torps.  I guess the fact that I had occupied that location on the map for the past 3 minutes went unnoticed.  I responded that it is always the responsibility of the person sending torps to avoid friendly ships.  He responded that it is always the responsibility of the player to avoid torps and that I didn't understand the game.    I still made money in the game, but could have easily lost money.  It is frustrating sometimes.  They did change the cost for friendly damage.  You no longer get compensated.  Too many players were intentionally derping into friendly torps to punish friendly players while maintaining income.

Members
5 posts
9,275 battles
1 hour ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Every time I start grinding a new line, or decide to seal club for a bit I have to deal with these morons in the lower ranks that TK you

First let me say It is not my intent to rip on kevs02Accord at all but I admit I had to laugh out loud when I read his post. The seal clubbing part got me, I too enjoy playing the Wickes, Clemson and now the Vampire but as an experienced player, albeit average player at best, to expect to drop to the lowest tiers and sink ships with impunity and then expect the inexperienced plyers on your own team not to make mistakes just made me laugh. When I play the lower tiers I expect it and try to avoid those stray torps when possible and I even try not to get too close to enemy ships to avoid stray gun fire. Its a learning curve we all went through or at least I did as I had my share of stray torps and accidental gun fire when I first started. A while back a friend and I were playing in a division probably tier six or seven , don't remember, and on our team was a new ship we hadn't seen before again don't remember what it was but my friend was taking a close up look at the ship through the gun sights when he went to type in chat how he liked the looks of the ship his mouse fell on the floor landed on the left mouse button and BOOM he had one very unhappy player on his hands. Sometimes accidents happen.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
28 minutes ago, 1Warhawk said:

First let me say It is not my intent to rip on kevs02Accord at all but I admit I had to laugh out loud when I read his post. The seal clubbing part got me, I too enjoy playing the Wickes, Clemson and now the Vampire but as an experienced player, albeit average player at best, to expect to drop to the lowest tiers and sink ships with impunity and then expect the inexperienced plyers on your own team not to make mistakes just made me laugh. When I play the lower tiers I expect it and try to avoid those stray torps when possible and I even try not to get too close to enemy ships to avoid stray gun fire. Its a learning curve we all went through or at least I did as I had my share of stray torps and accidental gun fire when I first started. A while back a friend and I were playing in a division probably tier six or seven , don't remember, and on our team was a new ship we hadn't seen before again don't remember what it was but my friend was taking a close up look at the ship through the gun sights when he went to type in chat how he liked the looks of the ship his mouse fell on the floor landed on the left mouse button and BOOM he had one very unhappy player on his hands. Sometimes accidents happen.

I can forgive mistakes, but not blatant disregard for your teammates. If you screw up, then own up. When I say "morons" I am specifically talk about the people who launch torps at you, then blame you for eating those torps, rather than apologize. Yes, by T4 and T5 if you dont know how to control your torps you have no business launching them.

Members
2,151 posts
14,380 battles

i was in my KIDD two days ago where i was trying to cap then a enemy akatsuki came in from nowhere so i started gunning him down. got him down to 500hp then someone kill stole it but whatever that's the game. but what grinded my gears was is that my friendly akatsuki smoked 2km behind me and TORPED THE ENEMY AKATSUKI THAT I WAS BRAWLING WITH 3km apart. so naturally i was dodging his torps but since he fired his torps i didnt paid heed to the torpedo alert that was happening from my friendly dd to i ended up taking two torps dropping me down to 2k hp. so i just drove up into his smoke TK'ed him and used his smoke kek