You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xero_Snake

What is the current status of the Soviet Navy in the game? As in the tech tree developmet

86 comments in this topic

Members
5,149 posts
60 battles

It's been months that I hardly followed up with the game update developments beside the Pan-Asian DDs & probably cruisers, since I've been busy struggling with IRL stuffs. I even got a few work-in-progress threads backlogged for too long.

Anyway, what's the current status of the Soviet Navy's tech-tree developments? I'm sure I've missed some key updates for months. Cause I need those information to update my tech tree threads.

Edited by Xero_Snake
  • Cool 1

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles

WG needs to concentrate on navies that actually did something in world war 2 :) First the French BB’s 

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1

Members
2,637 posts
7,903 battles

Khaba is still the cancer it always has been, Moskva is still one of the best tier 10 cruisers, other than the partial soviet DD split, nothing else really.

Which is good.... WG still has French, Italian, USN and RN lines to bring out.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,130 posts
6,779 battles
16 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

Khaba is still the cancer it always has been, Moskva is still one of the best tier 10 cruisers, other than the partial soviet DD split, nothing else really.

Which is good.... WG still has French, Italian, USN and RN lines to bring out.

Correction; Its cruiser Khaba and battleship Mosvka!

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
1 hour ago, Lionel92 said:

WG needs to concentrate on navies that actually did something in world war 2 :) First the French BB’s 

I don't mind Russian BBs, but only the real ones. It's disappointing we can't get the WW1 BBs first because WG always wants a full line.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
2 hours ago, Xero_Snake said:

It's been months that I hardly followed up with the game update developments beside the Pan-Asian DDs & probably cruisers, since I've been busy struggling with IRL stuffs. I even got a few work-in-progress threads backlogged for too long.

Anyway, what's the current status of the Soviet Navy's tech-tree developments? I'm sure I've missed some key updates for months. Cause I need those information to update my tech tree threads.

Well RU BBs are expected to arrive some time in 2018. Some were laid down, but never completed, others are expected to be paper designs.

The US cruiser line is splitting at T6 with T6 Pensacola,  T7 New Orleans, T8 Baltimore, T9 Buffalo and T10 Des Moines being the CA half. The CLs are T6 Dallas, T7 Helena, T8 Cleveland, T9 Seattle, T10 Worcester. This is expected to happen in the first half of 2018.

French BBs are in the works I understand.

I would expect Italian CL/CAs to arrive in 2018 at some point.

Hopefully RN DDs are in the works.

I would not be surprised to see another Pan Asian line in 2018, if the DD line went over well in China.

A Commonwealth cruiser line would be nice and not too hard as I expect it would be made up of copies or near copies of ships already in the game.

A British CA split would be nice.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,118 posts

If only they'd embrace the "stub-line" like they have in WoT. But yeah, the Soviet line gets the benefit of existing, lol.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,271 posts
18,453 battles
2 hours ago, Xero_Snake said:

Anyway, what's the current status of the Soviet Navy's tech-tree developments?

Much better than their real life developments, LOL!!

WG needs to concentrate on navies that actually did something in world war 2

Or that even actually existed. (Clue: NOT Soviet BB's!!)

26 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

I don't mind Russian BBs, but only the real ones. It's disappointing we can't get the WW1 BBs first because WG always wants a full line.

I agree with this, and would also like to see some of the earlier BB's (tier 2 stuff) introduced, the pre-dreadnaught stuff.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
47 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Along this line of thinking, I still say that I'd like to see an Austria-Hungarian navy tech tree, even if it only tops out at tier 6 or  7 (because the nation ceased to exist after the end of WW1).  They built their own warships, unlike some countries or "countries" (PA, looking at you).

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I agree with this, and would also like to see some of the earlier BB's (tier 2 stuff) introduced, the pre-dreadnaught stuff.

I wish that they would add pre-dreadnoughts to all BB lines, and have BB lines branch off of cruiser lines at tier 2, rather than tier 3.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
2 hours ago, TornadoADV said:

If only they'd embrace the "stub-line" like they have in WoT. But yeah, the Soviet line gets the benefit of existing, lol.

I believe you're referring to partial lines? That's what I'm hoping for with Russian BBs. Whatever Soviet paper designs they're working on, WG can take all the time they need because I couldn't care less about them. Don't delay real BBs like Gangut and Imperatritsa Mariya because of the upper tiers. Just put them in the game already. If the line ends at T5 or 6, big deal. Paper/fake ships can always come later. WG did acknowledge that BB overpopulation is a problem anyway.

Even the alternate IJN DD line ends with Akizuki at T8, and that has never bothered me. I've never heard of Super Akizuki and I wouldn't care if it never came.

Edited by Wolcott

Members
5,149 posts
60 battles

Correction; Its cruiser Khaba and battleship Mosvka!

Destroyer Leader & "medium cruiser", mind you. Don't take their different way of classifying ships at face value...

Besides, you didn't seem to interested on replying my question since you probably know little about the Soviet Navy itself.

28 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well RU BBs are expected to arrive some time in 2018. Some were laid down, but never completed, others are expected to be paper designs.

The US cruiser line is splitting at T6 with T6 Pensacola,  T7 New Orleans, T8 Baltimore, T9 Buffalo and T10 Des Moines being the CA half. The CLs are T6 Dallas, T7 Helena, T8 Cleveland, T9 Seattle, T10 Worcester. This is expected to happen in the first half of 2018.

French BBs are in the works I understand.

I would expect Italian CL/CAs to arrive in 2018 at some point.

Hopefully RN DDs are in the works.

I would not be surprised to see another Pan Asian line in 2018, if the DD line went over well in China.

A Commonwealth cruiser line would be nice and not too hard as I expect it would be made up of copies or near copies of ships already in the game.

A British CA split would be nice.

Thanks for the brief update, man. You're an example to be shown in replying my question.

Hmm... no word from the possible IJN CL/CA lines split? That's a shame. Besides, an EU tech tree could be interesting.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,271 posts
18,453 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I wish that they would add pre-dreadnoughts to all BB lines, and have BB lines branch off of cruiser lines at tier 2, rather than tier 3.

@Crucis, I'm always flattered when you quote me. (even when you're wrong!)

And ... YEAH! I could go with this as a different approach to the BB lines, branch them at tier 2 and go with the pre-dred thangs!

(this is where I should put that butt-fugly pic of the French BB's which hits the Forum every so often. Ship is so ugly it's beautiful)

But yeah, lets buff the lower tier ship pool for players who like lower tiers; hate radar, hydro, and AA; and just want to "pew-pew" their way to a good time. 100 percent for it! Plus 1!

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,271 posts
18,453 battles
7 minutes ago, Xero_Snake said:

Besides, an EU tech tree could be interesting.

Yes it would!!

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,310 battles
45 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

And the gimmick is the "crawling" smoke? I expect the cry of  "OP" if that happens.  

[KIA-A]
Members
2,283 posts
13,566 battles
1 hour ago, Wolcott said:

Problem is they only really fit in T4-T5.  Nothing fits at T3, and they dubiously fit at T4 (see Nikolai). Hilariously the first dreadnought they built is a very good T5 (October Revolution).

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
39 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

And the gimmick is the "crawling" smoke? I expect the cry of  "OP" if that happens.  

Doesn't have to have a gimmick. Or if you have to have a gimmick, it could be something else.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,351 battles

From what I do know, the current line release schedule looks like this:

• [Definite] French battleships likely in the first update of January
  • [Definite] USN CL/CA split some time after that (perhaps middle of February)
  • Perhaps Italian cruisers after this?
  • Perhaps French destroyers after this?
  • Perhaps Russian battleships in time for Gamescom? (WG has stated that they always plan to have a "European" big line release in time for Gamescom)
  • Cool 1

Members
5,149 posts
60 battles
4 minutes ago, godzilla5549 said:

From what I do know, the current line release schedule looks like this:

• [Definite] French battleships likely in the first update of January
  • [Definite] USN CL/CA split some time after that (perhaps middle of February)
  • Perhaps Italian cruisers after this?
  • Perhaps French destroyers after this?
  • Perhaps Russian battleships in time for Gamescom? (WG has stated that they always plan to have a "European" big line release in time for Gamescom)

Either way, many will come next year.

52 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

No such things...

Anyway, if you guys are curious of the Soviet/Russian BBs, kindly refer to my thread here, I've also outlined some key features how they likely be:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/78189-russian-irnsoviet-vmf-battleship-line-–-recovery-from-wounded-pride-stalins-envisioned-ultimate-warship-for-the-ocean-going-navy/

It's on my signature.

I also made a battlecruiser line, too. But I would need to update

Edited by Xero_Snake

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,310 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Doesn't have to have a gimmick. Or if you have to have a gimmick, it could be something else.

If you look at the nation tech tree, each nation's ship class has a defining characteristic. Or gimmick. I suspect WG was planning to use the "crawling smoke" gimmick as the defining feature for the CW tree line.  They may have decided not to implement it due to the gimmick was only introduced again to to Huang He as a way to balance the ship.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
39 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Problem is they only really fit in T4-T5.  Nothing fits at T3, and they dubiously fit at T4 (see Nikolai).

If WG can get a French semi-dreadnought to fit at T3, then I don't see why they can't do it for the Russians. No doubt it will have unhistorical guns like Turenne though.

45 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Hilariously the first dreadnought they built is a very good T5 (October Revolution).

Only because it's in modernized form. I'd like to see her in her original WW1 configuration, back when it was known as Gangut.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,170 posts
4,954 battles

I found the Okt Rev to be a horrid ship, I sold it to pay for my Iowa...I am not impressed with what they have out on offer currently. 

Out of ALL of the lines, the Russians are the least I care about...

• Meh 1

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,090 battles

We're still waiting on French, British DD lines. French BB line. American Heavy and Light cruiser split. The Italian fleets. 

Hell, I'm even happy they put out the Pan-asia destroyers before popping out more russian paper biased ships. (At least they existed.)