You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shaun_Hastings

A look back....

8 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
12,819 battles

As this year is coming to a close fairly soon, why don't we have a good look at the promises wargaming made at the beginning?

1. At 1:09 they promised us more royal navy ships,so in Update 0.6.10 we got British BBs. check:cap_happy:, and "well done"

"A nation with 1 premium ship will be added" Since it was showing a Dunkirk, clearly we will have French ships, and they say its going to be 2 new branches, in Update 0.6.4 we got French cruisers:cap_happy:, yet we only have some screenshots of the teased French BBs on Facebook. Half done:cap_wander:, we only have one branch this year. 

2. At 1:59 they said they will change the Russian destroyers, in Update 0.6.2 we got the sub-branch and the rework of the main destroyer line. check

HOWEVER this is the most confusing part of this promise, from 1:36-2:20, we can see the footages of various Russian destroyer models, some are reworked gnevnys, others are the hinted new destroyers at 2:00: 

Spoiler

gg.thumb.PNG.42d99992dc87c5a35502458be1a663ad.PNG

Yet NONE OF THEM made it into the actual game despite they did a good work modeling them, instead we got a mediocre Grozovoi.

Side note: especially at 1:37

Spoiler

That is a Kildin-class destroyer carrying Shchuka Anti-Ship Missile at the stern, or SS-N-1, the very first anti ship missile. (This thing will be hard to balance and insanely op :cap_wander_2:so it is reasonable to drop this idea ) 456..thumb.PNG.6bb4e0ab2cd533b9268294bfea924e83.PNG

So this is really a half done:cap_fainting:, as what we get isn't really what we see before.

3. At 2:37, they said we will have legendary commanders, at Update 0.6.8, we can complete the Dunkirk collection to get the unique British Commander “Jack Dunkirk”,  

at Update 0.6.9, we can also complete the Yamamoto campaign to get the Commander Yamamoto Isoroku. check,:cap_like: 

4. At 3:32, they said the skill tree will be changed and new skills will be added, at Update 0.6.0, we got the whole rework of skills. check,:cap_like: 

5. At 3:53, they said a new type of armament will be added, in Update 0.6.14 we got Pan-Asian DDs with DW torps (at least it wasn't missiles) . check,:cap_like:

6. At 4:06, they said they are going to develop PVE operations, in Update 0.6.6 this feature is introduced and is still progressing in to higher tiers. check,:cap_like:

7. At 5:20, they said new clan system will be introduced and clan wars, in Update 0.6.0, this feature was introduced, later in Update 0.6.12, clan wars started. check,:cap_like:

8. At 6:23, they said the new sound system will be improved and reworked, in Update 0.6.6, this was implemented.(new music and sound is pretty cool). check,:cap_like:

9. At 8:00, they said the new visual effects will be introduced, (I couldn't find the exact update note as apparently this feature is implemented inclemently ), and the game definitely looked better over a year. check,:cap_like:

10. At 8:42, 2 specific features were mentioned: Depot and training room, depot(or inventory in game) appeared at Update 0.6.1:cap_like:,yet no sign of training room yet :cap_old:.

So most, and apparently not all of them, are fulfilled, but still this game has been a better one since then.

65611563.PNG.aa3be6947431c01dde2bb3882a2ef0e2.PNG  

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,849 battles

"yet no sign of training room yet"

Training room is there, just a pain to keep loading it every patch(for me anyway).

All in all, I say WG did a good job, and I've only been back for a few months.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,594 posts
13,455 battles

You forgot about "Year of the CV"!

• Cool 1

[KYARU]
Members
3,879 posts
21,980 battles

The new armament was going to be rockets but they dropped that idea.

Edited by m373x

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles

I think I would have liked it better if the inventory/depot was more like tanks inventory.   I’d like to be able to buy repair parties or smokes in bulk when they’re on sale instead of buying one by one on each of my ships and then demountjng them into my inventory.

[-K-]
Members
8,031 posts
13,237 battles
6 hours ago, donald_wang said:

instead we got a mediocre Grozovoi.

Grozovoi is mediocre? :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,138 battles