You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Something... Anything?

56 comments in this topic

[0456]
Members
3,348 posts
9,066 battles

In Ranked, being the top performer means something even on the losing side. In random? Nothing. 

Can there not be at least some sort of benefit to being the top performer on the losing side? 

• Cool 1

[PNP]
Members
448 posts
3,942 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Your reward is in the pride you glean from knowing that you were the least sucky player on the sucky team.

Couldn't agree more lol.

Now you can be salty to your teammates and have a reason for it :Smile_Default:

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,759 battles

You can gain more base exp on a defeated team than the top scorer on the enemy team and you're still the number one looser. 

Its sad but them are the facts. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,594 posts
13,444 battles

I think an achievement for relative performance would be nice.

Members
4,415 posts
17,944 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

You can gain more base exp on a defeated team than the top scorer on the enemy team and you're still the number one looser. 

Its sad but them are the facts. 

Hell, that ought to be a achievement. :Smile_medal:

("NUMBER ONE LOSER" Be the top scorer on a losing team in a Random or Ranked battle.")

• Cool 2

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,832 posts
11,233 battles
52 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Hell, that ought to be a achievement. :Smile_medal:

("NUMBER ONE LOSER" Be the top scorer on a losing team in a Random or Ranked battle.")

I'd approve, can it be retroactive cause I'd probably have oh, about 500 of them, give or take a few.

[BB-57]
Members
310 posts
12,902 battles

Five times in the last two days...Really? I'm the top score. Unbelievable.

Practice, practice, practice...

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Your reward is in the pride you glean from knowing that you were the least sucky player on the sucky team.

You know in WoT's they give you the same XP/Credit multiplier as the winning team right? No rational reason to not mirror it here.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

You know in WoT's they give you the same XP/Credit multiplier as the winning team right? No rational reason to not mirror it here.

Well, in Ranked you at least don't lose points if you are the best on the losing team. However, giving the best on the worst team the same benefits as the winning team's might not go very far to the end of getting people to try to win. Too many people already just play an individual game, trying to get their own Krakens and various other awards without much concern for teamwork.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Well, in Ranked you at least don't lose points if you are the best on the losing team. However, giving the best on the worst team the same benefits as the winning team's might not go very far to the end of getting people to try to win. Too many people already just play an individual game, trying to get their own Krakens and various other awards without much concern for teamwork.

It works fine in WoT's If anything it stops exactly what you're talking about as there is less motivation to just live and more motivation to eak out as many points as possible so as to not be below first place.

[O_O]
Members
6,213 posts
14,357 battles
22 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

There is a rather large reason, actually.  I can't imagine what a sh!t show some of these games would be if potato players didn't even have an incentive to try to win.  The winning bonus definitely needs to stay.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

There is a rather large reason, actually.  I can't imagine what a sh!t show some of these games would be if potato players didn't even have an incentive to try to win.  The winning bonus definitely needs to stay.

I... don't think you understand how it works... in World of Tanks the top player on the losing team, as in, the player on the losing team that (likely) *TRIED* the *HARDEST* gets the same XP multiplier as the winning team. Only this one person on the losing team gets it.

• Cool 2

[VFW]
Members
1,367 posts
27,800 battles
26 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Yes, like children's sport teams...Everybody is a winner!  Don't think I want the participation award of "Best of the Worst".

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
Just now, TexJapan said:

Yes, like children's sport teams...Everybody is a winner!  Don't think I want the participation award of "Best of the Worst".

Ahhh I see the problem... most people in this thread are idiots and don't know how to read:

Only the *top* loser on the losing team gets the same XP/credit multiplier as the Winning team. Not the whole team.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,213 posts
14,357 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

I... don't think you understand how it works... in World of Tanks the top player on the losing team, as in, the player on the losing team that (likely) *TRIED* the *HARDEST* gets the same XP multiplier as the winning team. Only this one person on the losing team gets it.

Ah!  I am not a WoT player, so no, I didn't realize that.  I thought you meant both teams got the same XP, win or lose.

I don't mind the top player on the losing team getting the XP modifier.  Yes, I would approve of that.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
Just now, desmo_2 said:

Ah!  I am not a WoT player, so no, I didn't realize that.  I thought you meant both teams got the same XP, win or lose.

I don't mind the top player on the losing team getting the XP modifier.  Yes, I would approve of that.

No just the top of the losing team. So here, if you get a Kracken plus Confederate plus High Caliber, which by definition means you did A LOT of work, you at least, because of selfish morons on your team, don't have a total waste of time.

[VFW]
Members
1,367 posts
27,800 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

Ahhh I see the problem... most people in this thread are idiots and don't know how to read:

Only the *top* loser on the losing team gets the same XP/credit multiplier as the Winning team. Not the whole team.

RC, 

My post was not in reference to yours, it just posted around the same time.  Even so, no bonus for people who are "Best of the Worst".   Now as for you, bad sport my good man, bad sport.  Idiot indeed....

v/r

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

What about when I'm #1 on both teams? I lost a 150k damage game where I earned more XP then both teams, obviously I want carrying hard enough

[O_O]
Members
6,213 posts
14,357 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Well okay then.  I guess I am an idiot.

31 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Wait...but...where does it...ah, WTH, never mind.

[VFW]
Members
1,367 posts
27,800 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

Well okay then.  I guess I am an idiot.

Wait...but...where does it...ah, WTH, never mind.

Desmo,

Don't bother with _RC1138, I'm sure he's a PRO PLAYER and all around nice guy....with hidden stats.

Still as for this topic, no bonus nor recognition for being the "Best of the Worst" should be given.   Play well, play for the team and maybe you'll get a win.

vr

Members
7 posts
399 battles

Since people complain about players in ranked just playing to not lose a star I don't see how this is positive for the teamspirit in randoms.  

Besides that, High Calibre and Confederate are the already existing achievements for performing relatively better than the rest.

[HINON]
Members
12,804 posts

The credit multiplier is the same for both teams iirc.  Only the winning team gets the xp multiplier.  I'm fine with this as you win as a team and you lose as a team. Look how many players gamed the star system in ranked rather than going for the win. We don't need the same in randoms. 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
30 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

My post was not in reference to yours, it just posted around the same time.

You literally quoted me in your post:

34 minutes ago, TexJapan said:
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

It's hard to not see you as a bumbling fool when you spout such fallacies. So explain to me, exhaled, brilliant one, how one is supposed to take a comment like that when it literally *quotes* your own post? How does it not 'reference' me, when you quote me, and respond directly the context of the quote?

Moron.

23 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Please go back to WOT and you will have nothing to complain about.

I pretty much never play WoT's (less than 100 matches I'm sure) but that said it does make sense and acts as a good carrot to dissuade people from giving up when the going gets tough. How often, honestly, do you see here in WoWs a DD or CA or even BB run and hold fire, delaying the end of a match by several minutes, purely with the intention to survive but making no effort to get some extra damage/tanking/caps ect? All the time right? Well if you had it so the top player of the losers gets the same XP boost as the Winners, then it may motivate final survivor(s) to play out the end, even if guaranteed to die, just to eek out a little more xp over their fallen comrades to get that XP boost.

This helps *everyone* as it motivates people to play harder, and not instantly start thinking about cutting and running to hide/survive when the team ratios fall below 2:1. It also makes it so that matches don't linger on excessively, just waiting for a clock/points to run out while one errant DD hides behind an island.

[VFW]
Members
1,367 posts
27,800 battles
32 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The credit multiplier is the same for both teams iirc.  Only the winning team gets the xp multiplier.  I'm fine with this as you win as a team and you lose as a team. Look how many players gamed the star system in ranked rather than going for the win. We don't need the same in randoms. 

That last part of your Post is right on the point.   In rank seen that gaming of the system used to often.  Player sits back, saves their health while other fight for the win, snipes at ships and then only to sails in late in the game and picks off the low hp ships, but contributed little to the match/team.

v/r