Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hughjass07

Premium Ship Preview: USS SALEM (WiP)

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

48
[HJG]
Beta Testers, Retired WoWS Community Contributors
53 posts
3,605 battles

Well howdy folks and welcome back to your home port!  Today we're looking over the Tier X Premium US Cruiser, USS SALEM.  

SALEM is still considered a Work in Progress at this point.  

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,534
Members
4,415 posts
17,917 battles

Doesn't seem to be any notable change over Des Moines except for the reduced health points. And why would WG reduce the health points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,172
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Doesn't seem to be any notable change over Des Moines except for the reduced health points. And why would WG reduce the health points?

No small caliber AA as well iirc.

The lack of small caliber AA guns and no aviation facilities is why the HP is lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
691
[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,118 posts

Yeah, she has no inner AA curtain, instead putting that space to mid-range 40mm bofors. She has around the same AA as the DM, but the reach of that AA is improved. She'll be a better fleet AA screen, which kinda points to her being the clan reward bote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,277
[-K-]
Members
8,020 posts
13,215 battles
4 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Doesn't seem to be any notable change over Des Moines except for the reduced health points.

At this point, it looks like another one of these:

Capture.JPG

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
343 posts
5,569 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

No small caliber AA as well iirc.

The lack of small caliber AA guns and no aviation facilities is why the HP is lower.

 

I'm assuming with the lack of aircraft handling facilities and a reduced AA compliment this is supposed to be a post war version of Salem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,172
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
10 minutes ago, Monty9185 said:

 

I'm assuming with the lack of aircraft handling facilities and a reduced AA compliment this is supposed to be a post war version of Salem?

No idea but that would be the best guess on why the HP difference exists.

The broadest assumption is this will be the 7 Win Ranked Reward as it follows the pattern of Flint T7 USN CL, Black, T9 USN DD, and, in theory, Salem T10 USN CA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,873
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,042 posts
7,683 battles
5 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Doesn't seem to be any notable change over Des Moines except for the reduced health points. And why would WG reduce the health points?

It also has a DD damage control party, with a cool down of just 40 seconds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,754
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,713 posts
12,247 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

No idea but that would be the best guess on why the HP difference exists.

The broadest assumption is this will be the 7 Win Ranked Reward as it follows the pattern of Flint T7 USN CL, Black, T9 USN DD, and, in theory, Salem T10 USN CA.

They could just make Ranked enjoyable to play. 

 

That would mean admitting they made a mistake though. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,716
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles
10 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

They could just make Ranked enjoyable to play. 

 

That would mean admitting they made a mistake though. 

I'd prefer to have the Salem over the Des Moines because I have been on board the Salem.  I don't want it enough to play ranked for it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×