Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

Ready Player One

15 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,724 posts

Okay, normally I don't buy into hype, and I haven't even read the novel... but I'm damn excited for this, just for all the pop-culture they've crammed into this

And yes, anything you think you saw in the trailer, you saw it. That really was Adam West's Batmobile racing against Mach 5 from Speed Racer. That really was the Back to the Future DeLorean with KITT from Knight Rider. That really was an RX-78-2 Gundam fighting The Iron Giant. And yes... that really is Tracer from Overwatch charging into battle alongside Street Fighter's Chun-Li...

We're going to be pulling this film apart frame by frame for years trying to find every tiny easter egg (pun intended)

• Cool 3

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,845 posts
11,273 battles

okay, I'm intrigued....and actually..kinda...want a back to the future remake cause holy crap that delorian. THIS is grade A special effects. Also, lol at Krennic being the villain with an empire and that kid "Joining the Rebellion".

Also, things I noticed - trailer 2 - 2:11 mark, that's Arkham City Harley Quinn

90% sure that motorcycle is the 1 from Akira

Why is it we can't make Anime movies look this freaking good when they are actually the freaking movie for it? This is also everything the Tron Sequel should have been and then some.

I'm looking at this going "Can we redo GitS and fix the story, get a Gundam movie going and finally do Halo cause holy :etc_swear: we clearly have the tech and all to make these look amazing, just need the writers and directors to get it right".

Members
4,083 posts
4,347 battles

I'm not going to get my hopes up for this movie, but it should be interest to keep tabs on. 

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,724 posts
4 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

and finally do Halo

The big guy in the first trailer was using a UNSC assault rifle~

And speaking on anime films, James Cameron has been working up to this for ages, Avatar was his filming tech testbed to make sure he could do the manga justice:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,845 posts
11,273 battles
3 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

The big guy in the first trailer was using a UNSC assault rifle~

And speaking on anime films, James Cameron has been working up to this for ages, Avatar was his filming tech testbed to make sure he could do the manga justice:

I noticed the assault rifle, but between that, the commercials, the stars series, etc, I want a proper movie/show in that universe and better see at least one Spartan or ODST in RPO.

Also, for fans I hope it turns out good, but I never really got into Alita. And while it is visually amazing, Cameron and for all his other faults Snyder are great at that, this to me is also an example of why we should ust leave the "anime eyes" out of the movies. Yes, looking at some of the side by sides it does increase how much she looks like the character, but they also look creepy as hell. Though that could be also cause, especially with the really fake CG nature of them, they really remind me of eye on dolls and the like and those kinds of dolls have always creep'd me the :etc_swear: out.

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,724 posts
2 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

People are going to be crying about her eyes for a long time...   she's a robot, who cares!   :D
As for a Halo movie, it has to star Nathan Fillion

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,845 posts
11,273 battles
1 minute ago, Chobittsu said:

People are going to be crying about her eyes for a long time...   she's a robot, who cares!   :D
As for a Halo movie, it has to star Nathan Fillion

As an ODST, Spartan, or new character? lol.

And well, aside from the fact that was one of my argument's when it came to some of the GitS stuff, which they really handled poorly and should have made some steps to address things, I actually don't care in that sense though some of the other robot's seem to have normal eyes. For me, other than the fact of like I said, reminds me of doll's I'd nope out of the room if I saw them, it really is more of an effects quality thing. Take the thumbnail shot for that trailer, that shot they actually look really good and all. I'm not even creeped out by them. But some of the head on/close up shots are where the issues start to show. Similar to CG Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One, still better than most of the effects for Cyborg in Justice League or well, some of those effects generally (practical effects can be a wonderful thing over CGI). I know how hard the work is, I was in a media arts and animation program back after I graduated high school and before I tried a Game and Simulation design program, and even before that, I was building props for costumes out of whatever I could find based off pictures, Sora's kingdom key (full sized) from project paper, as well as started Oathkeeper out of Styrofoam, Sango's boomerang (not trying spelling the name out) also out of styrofoam (and it even worked) and Tetsaiga's base form from some wood and metal we had about as well as other things. So it's kinda disappointing to me to see these things where it's like "Wow these effects are amaz....oooo, except for that one". Especially because sometimes fans do far better and more with way less.

Beta Testers
14,888 posts
1,093 battles

I think I saw Shepard from mass effect in the middle of tracer and Chun-Li I could be wrong though but the armor looks a bit like the N7 armor and they said there's a reference to mortal kombat in the Easter egg scene

Alpha Tester
1,243 posts
4,969 battles

The book is definitely worth the read, in fact I'm sure it'll probably wind up being leagues ahead of the movie...which is typical (Jurassic Park). Cline is writing a sequel as well.

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,878 posts
8,997 battles
3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

I haven't even read the novel

Go read it.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,762 posts
2,134 battles

I was hyped about the movie as soon as I saw the trailer, I had originally read the book a year or so back... I doubt it will do the book justice, but to be fair no movie usually can

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,724 posts
6 minutes ago, Venator77 said:

Huh, the Iron Giant is there.

"Will this movie hav-..."
"Yes. Yes it will."

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,047 battles
1 hour ago, Venator77 said:

Huh, the Iron Giant is there.

57 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

"Will this movie hav-..."
"Yes. Yes it will."

Yah with Vin Diesel voicing it as well. 

On 12/11/2017 at 11:50 PM, Chobittsu said:

And yes, anything you think you saw in the trailer, you saw it. That really was Adam West's Batmobile racing against Mach 5 from Speed Racer. That really was the Back to the Future DeLorean with KITT from Knight Rider. That really was an RX-78-2 Gundam fighting The Iron Giant. And yes... that really is Tracer from Overwatch charging into battle alongside Street Fighter's Chun-Li...

FemShep from Mass Effect, the TMNTs, Battletoads, Chuckie, Dizzy from Gears of War, Pole Position, Gandolf, Akira, Hello Kitty, Atari, Jason and the Argonauts, a Say Anything reference, King Kong Jumping to 'Jump', Rush, Thundercats, RoboCop, the A-team, the Joker, Harley Quinn, Deathstroke, Devo, Mortal Kombat, MADBALLS, Simon, Christine, Bigfoot, Mad Max, Joust, Halo, Duke Nukem, Freddy Kruger, Willy Wonka, Zelda, Pink Floyd, Conan the Barbarian, the Griswalds, The Matrix, Marvel, Idiocracy, Star Wars(both in characters, actors and quotes) and the famous twinkle tone from Back to the Future are all in just the trailers. 

Even if the movie is crap (which it most likely will not) I will buy it in order to see all of the Easter eggs.

Edited by Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi
Editing

Sign in to follow this