You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Binkley

Epicenter: Yay or Nay?

Epicenter: Yay or Nay?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think? Should we keep epicenter or let it go the way of the Kitakami?

• Keep Epicenter
    • Get rid of Epicenter

62 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Beta Testers
471 posts
8,017 battles

So what's your opinion of the epicenter game mode?  Should it be kept, or should it be sent the way of the Kitakami?

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,448 posts
19,859 battles

I enjoy it. Why get rid of a mode that is such fun?

• Cool 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

Fine mode, tbh the caps should tick for larger points when captured... and it should not exist on tears of the desert. 

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
6,452 posts
5,168 battles

I think it's a good mode, makes sure ships don't drift off to the map edge and snipe.  But it just doesn't work on some maps like Tears of the Desert, which removes player agency.  What can you do in Epicenter on Tears of the Desert in a Battleship?  You can't take the epicenter because you'd be obliterated by a battle-line of ships crossing your t since there is no cover at all.  So your only options are, sail east in a circle or sail west in a circle.  Yay...  Only DDs can take the epicenter and if they screw up, you lost, before you could even do anything.  Yay...

What Trident gets right is that Battleships can actually contribute, since there's a large island in the epicenter.  Even if you hide behind the island, you can be flanked on two sides, so it requires strategy in order to contest it.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,829 posts
11,232 battles

I agree it's bad on 1-2 maps, but it's the only game mode that really encourages players to get in close, which to me is way more fun than the long range sniping nonsense that the normal 2 game modes turn into.

[F1RE]
Beta Testers
712 posts
19,236 battles

One more possible answer - 

"Make it Optional"

World of Tanks allows you to pick the battle modes you would like to play.  I would like to see WoWS incorporate this feature.

• Cool 2

[DDMAF]
Members
2,587 posts
15,637 battles

epicenter should be on Ocean. I will fight you on this.

• Cool 2

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,759 battles

Epicenter works and is a fun battle mode on Trident and Big Race.

But there is a reason its called Tears of the Players.

Cause no one wants to play Epicenter on Tears of the Desert, not the BB who camp in the back, not the Cruisers hugging the islands for dear life and not the Destroyers who are dying in the center trying to spot the enemy destroyers so they both can be shot at by the campers. No word if Carriers care or not, those cold hearted eyes in the sky flying around like vultures waiting on their next meal. 

Someone once suggested they put Epicenter on the Ocean map, we're not sure if they did because that map is so rarely seen and even than only with 3 cap domination. 

I do think the captain that came up with this suggestion was sent to a gulag. Something about needing their skills in the management. 

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

It would be better if they used buoys instead of white lines on the water, those really put a damper on the ambiance of the game. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
3 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

But there is a reason its called Tears of the Players.

I was recently in a game where someone called it "tears of the cruisers."

[REVY]
Members
6,452 posts
5,168 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

It would be better if they used buoys instead of white lines on the water, those really put a damper on the ambiance of the game. 

And maybe an Oil Platform at the center to explain why we're fighting to the death over a patch of water.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
Just now, Sventex said:

And maybe an Oil Platform at the center to explain why we're fighting to the death over a patch of water.

That would actually be interesting. Or even a small atoll with an air base on it. In fact, I'd actually like to see that -- an airbase island that could be captured then used as an alternate point to launch and refuel planes from.

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

Keep it, but make the caps worth more points and get rid of it on certain maps.

I actually think it could be interesting on Ocean. :cap_haloween:

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,583 battles
26 minutes ago, bat1159man said:

"Make it Optional"

World of Tanks allows you to pick the battle modes you would like to play.  I would like to see WoWS incorporate this feature.

Not enough population that is the official answer anyways.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Epicenter is fine. Stop expecting your destroyers and cruisers to do all the work for you while you hide behind an island from the scary HE that might tickle you slightly.

Over the years I've noticed that most of the people who hate Epicenter as a game mode (Not specifically Tears, that's a different issue) are battleship mains who hate a mode that forces them to be closer than 20km to their opponents.

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,319 posts
34,162 battles

Nay on Tears of Cruisers, Yay on Trident. ToD: Epicenter is bad unless you are in Yugumo. 

What we really need are maps specifically for Epicenter.

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
51 minutes ago, bat1159man said:

"Make it Optional"

Absolutely not.  WoT should remove the ability to have optional modes, not the reverse!!!

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

Yay on trident, nay on tears of the desert. Is it on any other maps?

It's on Big Race too.

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
49 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Meh, the white lines don't bother me.