You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Americandude_2017

How to get better/warships today na stats not working

18 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
16,628 battles

There is a link at the bottom of my signature that I recommend you click on. There is some good information there for any new player. If you would like specific recommendations, pick a ship you want to get better at, let us know what that ship is, and what you want to work on with it. Lots of experience here and many of us are glad to offer suggestions.

Respects,

Am

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
11 minutes ago, Americandude_2017 said:

I can't seem to get above tier 3 in any of the lines, and I never deal more than 10,000 damage. Also warships today's na stats are broken.

Disregard previous statement, I was on the wrong player's stats.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
31 posts
285 battles
5 minutes ago, Amracil said:

There is a link at the bottom of my signature that I recommend you click on. There is some good information there for any new player. If you would like specific recommendations, pick a ship you want to get better at, let us know what that ship is, and what you want to work on with it. Lots of experience here and many of us are glad to offer suggestions.

Respects,

Am

Thank you so much! I will give you that information later

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
16,628 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Troll post is trolly. You have played up to tier 9 ships. And the stats are working fine.

Not sure what you are looking at, brother. All I found was this. And it says he has played only tiers 1-3. You using some other resource? Or maybe typed his name wrong? Or do you just know something I don't? (Always possible.)

Respects,

Am

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
Just now, Americandude_2017 said:

no i have not played up to tier 9 go to my profile on warships today

My mistake, glitch in the system apparently.

OK, here's some advice.

You will do more damage as you increase in tier. Low tier ships, by their very nature can not do huge amounts of damage in the time period allotted to a match. Pick one ship that you are comfortable with and play it exclusively until you begin to feel like you are getting really good at it. Then, research and purchase the next ship in its line. It looks like you play cruisers a lot and are doing pretty good with the German tier III cruiser.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Troll post is trolly. You have played up to tier 9 ships. And the stats are working fine.

I'm confused how you came to that conclusion. His stats and the fact that he has only 193 battles seems to say otherwise...

Edited by awiggin

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

Certain ship types and methods of playing them deal less damage than others too. This doesn't mean that they are not important to the team win though. For instance, you may do a great deal of individual damage firing HE from a battleship but it helps the team little if all that damage is healed up. Conversely, a cruiser may do only a few tens of thousands of damage but if it kills two or three DDs in the process it will be helping the team considerably. As a cruiser, your job is to hunt DDs and other cruisers. Stay away from the BBs unless you have the support of other ships. Use HE until a cruiser is broadside to you and then switch to AP.

[NDA]
Supertester
2,902 posts
5,808 battles
16 hours ago, Americandude_2017 said:

I can't seem to get above tier 3 in any of the lines, and I never deal more than 10,000 damage. Also warships today's na stats are broken.

Alright Americandude, welcome to the game.  Let's get this out of the way early, with 193 games and just coming into the game you're not going to be doing amazingly well to begin with.  No slight or offense meant, it's just how it is.  It's going to take time to learn map positioning, where to go when, who to shoot, when to stay hidden, when to push and be aggressive.  That's just going to come down to time, experience and practice.  There's a number of famous Warships youtubers out there, iChase and Notser come to mind, and some not so famous ones (myself included in that lol) who have videos explaining some of the basics of the game and some of the tricks of the trade so to speak. 

With regards to your damage, well doing more damage is good, wanting to do more damage is good.  But you're not going to do a lot down at tier 3.  Amount of damage each shell does at that tier, coupled with the reload times, then the ranges and maneuvering to get your shots off means a lot of downtime.  Higher tiers will do better for damage

HOWEVER...  Don't make the mistake I made and many other players have and think you need to rush your way up the tiers.  Tier 3/4/5 is a comfortable place.  Some good ships at the level and all are pretty well matched for each other.  Problem is, a few games and you can work your way to the next ship very quickly and suddenly find yourself higher up in the tiers against formidable ships, and even more formidable opponents.  At the higher tiers you're going to run into players with many, many battles under their belts that understand the game mechanics very well.  They will punish you for slight mistakes and it will happen so fast you won't have the opportunity to know what you did wrong and learn from it.

Stick around Tier 3-5, use it to hone and practice your skills and get a feeling for the basics of the game.  Once you've started doing that and your stats begin to rise, then think about moving your way further up the tiers.  Better stats will come with time, experience and practice. 

Enable your replays if possible, this way if something happens or you're not sure of something you can come back here and ask for advice.  So many new players come in here complaining about DD's hacking and destroying their BB, where with the replay we can offer constructive advice to what might have been better tactical options.  There's a lot of us on the forums who wouldn't have a problem helping out a new player willing to listen to constructive advice to those who are willing to listen.

Good luck to you and just remember, it's only natural to want to do better, but just don't get frustrated and expect to be the best overnight.  Heck all this time into the game and I still have trouble aiming, angling and positioning lol