You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
American_Ace_96

HSF Graf Spee hate. Why?

63 comments in this topic

Members
101 posts

I don't hate it, it's possibly my best German ship. I just want to know why there is a bit of hate towards the HSF Graf Spee if it's just a cloned/reskin of the original. You get both permanent camos for it and you can put any captain in there and there is zero difference in playstyle so why gripe about the ship? 

I do ask for a better argument than "It's an Anime ship".

Edited by American_Ace_96

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,308 battles

Because it's an anime ship. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,047 battles
1 minute ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Because it's an anime ship. 

She hit it right on the head. That is all the reason people need.

• Funny 1

Members
349 posts
6,599 battles

I like it, I bought it because it is an Anime Ship.  It is tier 6 and you can use it on a lot of scenarios too, not the best ship for scenarios but does a good job nevertheless.  I play mostly co-op and scenarios and credits can run low, this ship is quite a good credit making machine.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
5,908 battles
23 minutes ago, American_Ace_96 said:

That one time when, "Be careful what you ask for." just doesn't apply.

• Funny 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,583 battles

It's a decent ship I used to hate anime at one time , but I got over it. If you don't like anime things just set up you filters easy as that.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
29 minutes ago, American_Ace_96 said:

I don't hate it, it's possibly my best German ship. I just want to know why there is a bit of hate towards the HSF Graf Spee if it's just a cloned/reskin of the original. You get both permanent camos for it and you can put any captain in there and there is zero difference in playstyle so why gripe about the ship? 

Because it's an anime ship.  Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean that it ISN'T the answer.

Mind you, I don't happen to hate the HSF Spee, because I find its camos rather mild.  But if the HSF Spee had come with only a revolting ARP line clown camo, there's no way in heII that I'd have bought in the first place.  I don't like the clown camos on the ARP ships, but they have the upside of being free, though they'd have been a lot nicer if those clown camos had at least have given the base camo benefits to concealment and dispersion, if nothing else.  It's a tad annoying to have these ARP ships and not be able to use camos that provide any actual benefits.

• Meh 2

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,716 posts
16,344 battles

Because it's a ....

I have not figured out how to play the Graf Spee - it's a shame because it has so many weapons at it's disposal.  In my case it's the sum of less than the total of it's parts.

[O_O]
Members
6,228 posts
14,412 battles

I don't like anime.  I don't hate it, it just isn't my thing.  I have never watched the ARP or HSF series.

I am not a fan of the ARP ships because they are hideous and they freakin' glow ugly.  I don't like them...but I'll still play them from time to time (especially ARP Takao since I don't have Atago).  That's the ARP stuff.

The two HSF ships, on the other hand, look very nice.  The camo on those is much, much more enjoyable to look at than about half of the camo WG puts out (Halloween 2015 & 2016, New Years, Valentines, Back to School, Team Fire, La Fheile Padraig, Sci Fi Space, Restless Fire, Ocean Soul...etc, etc).

Since the ships are very nice to look at, I don't mind them AT ALL.  I don't own either one, although I wouldn't mind picking up HSF Harekaze.  If the captain is a squealy-voiced girl I don't think I would care for that much.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

I've got the Harekaze, but skipped the Graf, simply because I already had the normal Graf in my port.  

And you answered your own question.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I hate the anime little girl voices on my HSF Graf but don't hate the ship.

Then just put a German cruiser captain in your HSF Spee.  Problem solved.  I don't use any of the anime captains, HSF or ARP, since they've been able to use captains of their own nations' navies.

• Cool 1

[ONE]
Members
325 posts
20,482 battles

Regular Graf Spee was not available at the time I bought the anime version.  Used the additional non anime camo for it and replaced the anime captain with my regular German cruiser captain.  Other than having the HSF name it is all but identical to the standard model.  It has turned out to be one of my favorite ships.

Supertester
442 posts
10,905 battles

Just not to say "Because it's an anime ship", I'll say it's because of the "HSF" in "HSF Graf Spee". It's the only thing that relates to the anime that you can't in any way remove from the ship. Camo? It comes with both the original and the anime camos (while the original Graf Spee comes only with her original camo). Captain? Well, if you buy the normal Graf Spee, you get a whopping 0 point captain, but the HSF comes with a 6 point anime girl, so if you don't like the anime girl, just remove her from the ship and recruit a 0 point commander for free (just like the original). WG made sure that everything related to the anime was not only optional, but litterally a straight bonus over the original Graf Spee... except the HSF.

Guess it's just the fear of using a ship with a name that will forever be related to the anime that annoys people. The fear... of being called... a weeb!

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,426 battles

Hey

For those with all the hate.  The HSF Graf Spee came with the original camp (I just happen to like the HSF camo pattern personally) and you can easily swap in a normal captain and just put Thea in reserve, problem solved.  Great ship, very capable, well worth buying.  if you prefer the original, it's in stores now.

Pete

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
94 posts
6,402 battles

They hate the HSF Spee because it doesn't come with shark plushies, like the Harekaze does ;) xoxo

mashiro_munetani___original_by_ncoll36-da049vc.png

• Cool 4

[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,426 battles
2 minutes ago, MilonRouge said:

They hate the HSF Spee because it doesn't come with shark plushies, like the Harekaze does ;) xoxo

mashiro_munetani___original_by_ncoll36-da049vc.png

Hey

HAHA, so very true!  They want one, and they know it!!

Pete

[ONE]
Members
325 posts
20,482 battles

If I remember correctly when I bought the HSF Graf Spee this past summer, it came with the anime captain and a regular German captain although the German captain did not have any points.

Members
101 posts
7 hours ago, Fishrokk said:

That one time when, "Be careful what you ask for." just doesn't apply.

Eh, I ask anyway and either brace myself for the trolls or start eating popcorn when the comments start replying amongst themselves. 

Like I said, I was asking since the fix for it is as simple as a few mouse clicks, the hate doesn't feel justified. 

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,214 battles
19 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I hate the anime little girl voices on my HSF Graf but don't hate the ship.

Change the captain gets rid of that. I still sold mine but I might pick up the naked one.

[NAM]
Members
2,151 posts
14,421 battles

if you dont like anime dont buy the ship. WG has said that it was  C O L L A B meaning there is going to be anime in it. it was a marketing sale to those who watched haifuri like myself and those who actually liked it (still considered best naval anime)

[PVE]
Members
11,299 posts
21,774 battles
33 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Change the captain gets rid of that. I still sold mine but I might pick up the naked one.

The Capt that came with it (anime) was a 10 pt one. I am not wasting that. Part of the incentive to buy it was a useful Capt for it.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,539 posts
10,372 battles

Just run the HSF like a regular Graf Spee.  I don't have the HSF version, but like my regular Graf Spee.  It punches other cruisers in the face like a bully.

[BS]
Members
1,967 posts
10,407 battles

Does anyone else wish the Spee had a better sigma? The shell groupings are so weird, like it literally alternates between all 3 shells in a tight wad, to all 3 in a super wide horizontal line... I suppose it could be worse, the vertical dispersion isn't too bad. It's almost comical that the groupings are like that though, i usually shoot the guns sequentially so it's more obvious.

The ship isn't a good brawler if you don't have a situational advantage. If you're coming out from behind an island and the BB has its guns facing a different direction, then it's torps come in handy. Heh, alot of people seem to forget the spee has torps and get nailed. happened to me a few times in the past too.

EJ

[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,426 battles
5 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Does anyone else wish the Spee had a better sigma? The shell groupings are so weird, like it literally alternates between all 3 shells in a tight wad, to all 3 in a super wide horizontal line... I suppose it could be worse, the vertical dispersion isn't too bad. It's almost comical that the groupings are like that though, i usually shoot the guns sequentially so it's more obvious.

The ship isn't a good brawler if you don't have a situational advantage. If you're coming out from behind an island and the BB has its guns facing a different direction, then it's torps come in handy. Heh, alot of people seem to forget the spee has torps and get nailed. happened to me a few times in the past too.

EJ

Hey

Try the Dunkerque if you think the Graf Spee guns are wonky.  That's a T6 ship that needs love.

Pete