You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

How am I supposed to get better???

108 comments in this topic

[--K--]
Members
6,623 posts
14,409 battles

So looking at the best players in the game, they all have high win rates, high damage, hiigher accuracy and higher survivability.

So all I have to be is be more accurate, get more damage and survive and I should win more and be able to stop being a tomato and be unicum right??

Wrong!!

If I concentrate hard on surviving the battle, I don't get very much damage and don't win very much.

To get my accuracy higher, I try getting closer, but I die very quickly when I get too close before I get much damage.

And trying to get high damage, it seemed like I am able to get huge amounts of damage a lot of games, but most of my team is dead way before me and I can't carry them!!

My team mates are keeping me at tomato levels. It is impossible to keep high accuracy, high damage and high survivability at the same time with these teams. Unicums must be cheating to get high win rates!!

• Cool 5

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
1,912 posts
7,304 battles

#warpack confirmed.  Only the most intelligent players in the game (Notser comes to mind) can achieve spectacular results without cheats.

• Cool 5

Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles

For starters, what type of ship are you playing? And of what nation? And tier? It doesn’t sound like it would matter, but each ship type plays very differently. Things that a unicum Destroyer player would do would be vastly different than a unicum BB player in the same situation. Each nation is also different; IJN stealth destroyers vs the VMF gunships like the Khabarovsk. Then even in the same line some ships play differently. Like low vs. high tier USN DDs

[KYARU]
Members
3,879 posts
22,005 battles

Easy, play Khabarovsk. Laser guns, insane damage, mAssive HP points, very low detection on his torpedoes, goes 50+ knots per minute, immune to HE shells and can bounce even yamamoto AP shells. Recipe for success, all the unicums are abusing this ship to get their stats in the purple. You also start many fires and fire damage equals more WTR (citation needed).

Edited by m373x

Members
5,202 posts
4 minutes ago, _V12 said:

#warpack confirmed.  Only the most intelligent players in the game (Notser comes to mind) can achieve spectacular results without cheats.

And don't forget to use IFHE on every captain build. 

• Cool 2

Members
2,842 posts
8,739 battles
1 minute ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Do anything this guy tells you.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
796 posts
3,415 battles
1 minute ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Putting IFHE on my British cruiser captain made the grind a hell of a lot easier

• Cool 7

Members
318 posts
12,617 battles

See, that's why. It's getting colder now and the internet doesn't flow as freely through the tubes up there. You need to add some 10-30G (g for gigabit) winter weight Ethernet cables to your setup. Hope this helps.

• Cool 3

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,715 posts
16,302 battles

It's the noob Ducky_Shot from RUST.  I see him all the time in game, he is worse than Centarina - NO SKILLZ at all.  He is from Canada too, he probably whines in chat about not having the HMCS Haifa or whatever ....

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
434 posts
9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So looking at the best players in the game, they all have high win rates, high damage, hiigher accuracy and higher survivability.

So all I have to be is be more accurate, get more damage and survive and I should win more and be able to stop being a tomato and be unicum right??

Wrong!!

If I concentrate hard on surviving the battle, I don't get very much damage and don't win very much.

To get my accuracy higher, I try getting closer, but I die very quickly when I get too close before I get much damage.

And trying to get high damage, it seemed like I am able to get huge amounts of damage a lot of games, but most of my team is dead way before me and I can't carry them!!

My team mates are keeping me at tomato levels. It is impossible to keep high accuracy, high damage and high survivability at the same time with these teams. Unicums must be cheating to get high win rates!!

All of those things come from good positioning. When I have a potato game, I can clearly look at the map and see why.  

Remember, it’s almost never what you want to do or where you want to go, it’s where the team is going and what they’re doing. Going off alone because “someone has to defend that side” will get you removed from the match very quickly.

Positioning can’t be cheated or hacked.

• Cool 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,715 posts
16,302 battles
1 minute ago, Eichbomb said:

All of those things come from good positioning. When I have a potato game, I can clearly look at the map and see why.  

Remember, it’s almost never what you want to do or where you want to go, it’s where the team is going and what they’re doing. Going off alone because “someone has to defend that side” will get you removed from the match very quickly.

Positioning can’t be cheated or hacked.

The only position he has mastered is the Missionary position, that is 100% legit info, because ... Canadian.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

hey,  just because I worked in canada for 1 year doesn't make me a canuck.    and it was in Victoria BC.    even canadians think that place is nutty.  

just because I believe spamming  HE  on all my BBs  :cap_haloween:  IFHE FTW!!!

Edited by centarina
  • Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,603 posts
17,325 battles

Everyone has base aptitude level.  Through some experience, we can raise ourselves up one rung.  Through hard work and effort, we can raise ourselves two rungs.  The rungs are as follows:

Poor.

OK.

Good.

Great.

Best.

If you have poor aptitude, then some experience can get you to OK.  Work hard, and you get to be Good.  But you will never be Great or Best.  Take someone who has a Good aptitude.  Some experience will make them Great.  Dedication and hard work can make them the Best.

How does one become unicum?  For starters, you have to have a minimum base aptitude of Good.  Then add some dedication and hard work and you can achieve unicum status.  But if your aptitude is Poor of OK...you'll never get there.

Note that getting "better" does not necessarily equate to becoming unicum.  Getting better equates to raising yourself above your aptitude level.  Good or Great might be your limit.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,032 posts
13,257 battles
9 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

I see what you did there, Wombat :cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

Git gud/ remember, all those unicums in clans such as OPJ only got where they are by being superb cheats. Learn from them, L2p! Go to the EU server, play t3 and 4 in a cruiser and seal club until you are purple.

hey don't give away all my secret for my mediocre stat  . sheesh.      

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

are you stat shaming me? I am shocked, my feelings hurt. 

naw, you are just immature  :cap_rambo:    you will get better when you grow up. 

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,833 posts
19,862 battles

1.  Send me replays and ask me to focus on something specific - positioning, gunnery, whatever.

2.  Try to look at positioning.  You've sent me a couple replays already which I've commented on.  What *I* felt was your weakness was communication with the team and positioning.  

3.  Division always.

4.  Don't play when upset.

5.  It's random battles.  Give up on the idea that you'll win every battle, topping the scoreboard at every battle.

Beta Testers
4,538 posts
10,684 battles

Don't forget Survival Expert to

Moar HP.  Allows you to go full Broadside for max gun usage.

[YORHA]
Members
4,804 posts
9,474 battles
12 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

The only position he has mastered is the Missionary position, that is 100% legit info, because ... Canadian.

I was going to reply with a devastating comment, but I see you are from South Carolina.

You have suffered enough.

• Cool 2

[JMMAF]
Members
1,942 posts
6,626 battles
40 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Wrong!!

LIttle White Mouse has a great guide on how to improve your win rate, and it also applies to improving your stats, if you really want to use it that way.

so, ducky, at 2.5k battles I was under 46% win rate, and EVERY CATEGORY was low. damage was under 15k, surviving was stupidly low, under 10%, ships sunk, main battery hits, rarely used torps, everything. ALL RED.

like you, if I got close enuff to start doing some damage, I was focus fired immediately. if I didn't get in range, I did very little damage. "you have not proven yourself this battle" which is a major clomp upside the head compared to 'you have not contributed to the team loss this battle' or whatever it says now.  

there are tens if not hundreds of players that use the forum regularly, and are willing to help players that want to improve, and will accept constructive criticism. you've had a couple posts from a few that will !! take them up on it.

I played DDs, loved the playstyle, but had zero discipline, and got killed too fast pretty much every time. am ok in BBs, but lack the patience, and ended up pushing too hard, too early. CA/CLs work for me. I don't feel I have to compromise my playstyle, speed up or slow down, wait for reloads, or lose it with the low speed, etc. once you find a niche, find a line that works for you. i'm on my 5th line, the French, which I really was anticipating hating, and having my best results so far. you have one you like?? or still looking?

watch some vids. the ones that really worked for me are uro's torpedobeat series. he does amazing stuff. I can't do that, but occasionally i'll dodge a wall or two in a battle, and have a ball doing it. once you do something amazing, the rest of the game will start falling together for you.

(ed. note: just got a kraken in the Charles manso.... er, whatever the T8 Frenchie CA is. not sure quite why it's working for me, I generally hate to switch ammo types, and kite, but so far, less than 20 battles in, it's working. if I can do it, anybody can !)

Edited by not_acceptable

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,715 posts
16,302 battles
4 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I was going to reply with a devastating comment, but I see you are from South Carolina.

You have suffered enough.

Being from Canada, that devastating comment would have been along the lines of "I'll bet you don't EVEN own a snowmobile!" :Smile_teethhappy: