You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Changes to Richelieu and Gascogne

25 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,485 battles

They must have forgotten about the Pan Asian DDs and realized that at T8 she would be creamed with that level of torpedo defense. :cap_haloween:

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
14 minutes ago, AllysaRockz said:

They must have forgotten about the Pan Asian DDs and realized that at T8 she would be creamed with that level of torpedo defense. :cap_haloween:

Funny the USN BB's get by with less...

Also they gotta establish which is the tree and which will be a premium ship.

[REVY]
Members
6,452 posts
5,168 battles
14 minutes ago, AllysaRockz said:

I suspect that most of the torps that Richelieu will eat would be into the bow, which has no torpedo defense.

[SIM]
Members
4,661 posts
7,770 battles

Hoping that Gascogne will be the premium, and hoping that we see her soon. I need Le Grand Bateau for my premium fleet. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,300 posts
9,116 battles

Less than 3% SPS seems like an oddly trivial thing to change...

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
22 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Hoping that Gascogne will be the premium, and hoping that we see her soon. I need Le Grand Bateau for my premium fleet. 

Giving WGing's past behavior (Scharn/Gneu, KGV/Nelson, ect) it can be assumed that the Gascogne will be the Tree, and the Rich the Premium. As while you may be the exception, few will be interested in, what amounts to a paper ship they've never heard of at T8, for money, whereas the Rich is quite famous and will draw purchasers far more readily. The same way had the offered the Gne w/ 15" guns as a premium and Scharn as the tree, likely far fewer would have bought it.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
15 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Giving WGing's past behavior (Scharn/Gneu, KGV/Nelson, ect) it can be assumed that the Gascogne will be the Tree, and the Rich the Premium. As while you may be the exception, few will be interested in, what amounts to a paper ship they've never heard of at T8, for money, whereas the Rich is quite famous and will draw purchasers far more readily. The same way had the offered the Gne w/ 15" guns as a premium and Scharn as the tree, likely far fewer would have bought it.

Other way around, we can safely assume that Richelieu will be the tree and Gascogne will be the premium for the simple reason that Richelieu has a B hull and other upgrades and Gascogne has none.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, dseehafer said:

Other way around, we can safely assume that Richelieu will be the tree and Gascogne will be the premium for the simple reason that Richelieu has a B hull and other upgrades and Gascogne has none.

Where did you see a 'B' Hull listed? All I've seen from the Devblog is just the same stock line applied to everything, "Reflects unupgraded stats ect"

[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles
23 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Where did you see a 'B' Hull listed? All I've seen from the Devblog is just the same stock line applied to everything, "Reflects unupgraded stats ect"

So far, the official wiki lists it with having B-Hull to upgrade into.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Richelieu

[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles
32 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Well that pretty much answers that then. I wonder where they got that from? Unless I missed a post I haven't seen a B Hull Stat list yet.

I can't recall any devblog posts, forum posts with official information showing B-hull implementation.  All we have to go by is the very scant devblog posts (initial stat posts, the TDS buff), and datamining.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I can't recall any devblog posts, forum posts with official information showing B-hull implementation.  All we have to go by is the very scant devblog posts (initial stat posts, the TDS buff), and datamining.

Is Rich in the Client yet? Not at home at the moment and haven't put extended tech tree back on since last micropatch.

[BUN]
2,534 posts
4,424 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Is Rich in the Client yet? Not at home at the moment and haven't put extended tech tree back on since last micropatch.

Yeah, I've been peeking at her, shes as cute as a french girl could be :3

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_RenownMkI said:

Yeah, I've been peeking at her, shes as cute as a french girl could be :3

Then that's where they got the B hull stats. Although, does anyone remember if Nelson had a B hull when it was first placed in the Client (but before the announcement that it was to be Free XP)?

[BUN]
2,534 posts
4,424 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

Then that's where they got the B hull stats. Although, does anyone remember if Nelson had a B hull when it was first placed in the Client (but before the announcement that it was to be Free XP)?

I don't recall there being one when I was cruising the hidden ships pipeline. 

Though I found it interesting that the Tier 8 KGV that was first teased was the same hull configuration as the current Duke Of York. Can't let that model go to waste. 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
Just now, Battlecruiser_RenownMkI said:

I don't recall there being one when I was cruising the hidden ships pipeline. 

Though I found it interesting that the Tier 8 KGV that was first teased was the same hull configuration as the current Duke Of York. Can't let that model go to waste. 

I'd be loathe to. Although they seem content to let all that hard work on the Tone go to waste.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

You can see her B-hull in WG's wallpaper stat-card for her...

Image result for world of warship richelieu

As well as the WIP preview wallpaper...

Image result for world of warship richelieu

Or you could just check GM3D...

aI9Wa8S.png

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
Supertester
479 posts
4,676 battles

Haha I love how IJN destroyers aren't even being considered as a torpedo threat anymore, it's just the Pain-Asian DDs :cap_book:

[SIM]
Members
4,661 posts
7,770 battles
5 minutes ago, AyanoMidori said:

Haha I love how IJN destroyers aren't even being considered as a torpedo threat anymore, it's just the Pain-Asian DDs :cap_book:

In my subjective, personal experience, I find that IJN DD captains are a lot better with their torpedoes than PA DD captains. I definitely still respect ships like Kamikaze, Shinonome, Kagero, and Shimakaze.

Members
2,984 posts
1,448 battles
3 hours ago, Sventex said:

I suspect that most of the torps that Richelieu will eat would be into the bow, which has no torpedo defense.

Well, every Nelson ive seen so far still insists on sailing broadside, sooo, crap, why would anyone NOT sail broadside in a Reichlieu?.....

Then again, ships still cant side strafe, sooooo...yeah

[NUWES]
Members
2,911 posts
9,606 battles
52 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

I find it interesting that we're getting Gascogne before a Vanguard is even in sight. It just seems... odd.

It's not odd at all. Gascogne is easy to place. It's basically Richelieu-class with a different turret arrangement. Vanguard isn't so easy. It's a T8-9 BB hull with T6 guns. Game-wise it is too similar to Hood (a British BB with 8 lower-tier guns and good AA), and the Brits are swimming in T7 premium BBs already especially with Duke of York on the horizon.  Clearly the Devs couldn't justify it on T8 or it would have been there instead of Monarch. 

Personally, I'll pass on Gascogne and await the Richelieu-class premium I really want (Jean Bart), but people may be interested in her.