You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GE_Capital

Some people take YouTube reviews too seriously....

35 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
1,912 posts
7,304 battles

I have been greatly enjoying playing the latest premium IJN battleship.  Fast, great alpha potential and DPM.  But it's always spotted, and has a poor armor profile.

You'd think people would be falling over eachother to get their free damage on it, or to simply take the glass cannon out of the match.  

I suspect these folks in this game from last night bought in a little too much to the assertions this was a "garbage boat" or a "meh boat" and didn't acknowledge the threat.  

Zero damage taken, and less potential damage than my HP.  And it's not like I was sniping, either - this ship's accuracy at range is abhorrent - I pushed an entire flank, three kills and good damage.

IMG_6050.JPG

Edited by _V12

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,843 posts
4,871 battles

some ships is just not for everyone.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
1,912 posts
7,304 battles
5 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Most ships do ok when nobody shoots at you.

Indeed.  Hence why you probably should not outright ignore any....especially a top tier BB.:cap_hmm:

Members
516 posts
14,247 battles

To each their own. I opted not to purchase the Ashitaska for the following reasons:

1) I'm not interested in purchasing B hull ships;

2) The reviews were "meh," and I didn't want to dedicate to the time to learn how to make it perform. Tier 7 is very competitive for BBs.

3) I wanted to save my money for the Roma.

LWM's review is much more nuanced than you are suggesting. Sure, she concluded that it was a "Mehbot," but she specially noted "Ashitaka has speed and firepower.  That's recipe enough for skilled players to cause a lot of havoc.  However, there's only so far skill will take you on Ashitaka.  She's too big to hide.  She can't effectively angle against most battleship opponents. This leaves you with out-trading your opponents and for that, you're reliant upon your aim and RNGesus.  If she had a single universal ammo type, I could drop this down to 'low'." In short, people can make the ship perform. But there are more balanced tier 7 BBs out there.

[KSC]
Supertester
2,215 posts
13,192 battles
4 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Shhhh, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain garbageboat...

krasny.jpg

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
1,912 posts
7,304 battles
2 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

some ships is just not for everyone.

1 minute ago, Captain_Doll said:

To each their own. -snip-

The problem here is not the Ashitaka.  It's that nobody shot at me.

Members
2,842 posts
8,746 battles
36 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Most ships do ok when nobody shoots at you

I'm great when nobody is shooting at me. That's got to be one of the best lines I've read today. Classic man, just classic.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
42 minutes ago, _V12 said:

I have been greatly enjoying playing the latest premium IJN battleship.  Fast, great alpha potential and DPM.  But it's always spotted, and has a poor armor profile.

You'd think people would be falling over eachother to get their free damage on it, or to simply take the glass cannon out of the match.  

I suspect these folks in this game from last night bought in a little too much to the assertions this was a "garbage boat" or a "meh boat" and didn't acknowledge the threat.  

Zero damage taken, and less potential damage than my HP.  And it's not like I was sniping, either - this ship's accuracy at range is abhorrent - I pushed an entire flank, three kills and good damage.

IMG_6050.JPG

I am assuming them not shooting you has more to do with weekend potato then it does YT reviewers. 

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
1,912 posts
7,304 battles
1 minute ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I am assuming them not shooting you has more to do with weekend potato then it does YT reviewers. 

Who cares why, really.  It's just out of the ordinary that an entire team lets a top tier battleship just waltz up and dump them, never responding.

3 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

"I had a good game(s) in a ship therefore multiple other people's semi-objective view of the ships stats are meaningless!"

See:

33 minutes ago, _V12 said:

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,834 posts
19,867 battles

That's part of why I wanted Ashitaka replays to feature for my channel and why I chose your replay as well as SeaRaptor's.  Both showcased the strengths and weaknesses of the ship.  Reviews, replays, and other community feedback are good for those making the hard decisions about purchasing, but I think it's best for people to use their own judgment when deciding about their spending.  Personally, I had an amazing game in her once by playing her as an oversized firespamming Fuso.  It was hilarious.  I've even had good games in the Graf Zeppelin.  It all comes down to how you play the ship and utilize its' strengths and compensate for its' weaknesses.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,583 posts
3,808 battles
1 hour ago, Deviathan said:

Yup, My Atlanta does great when nobody shoots her.

For some reason doesn't happen to much...

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
796 posts
3,419 battles

The biggest problem is people don't make their own judgements and let others do it for them like LWM or yuro. The moment they say something about a ship its like the community believes it came straight out of Serbs mouth and they dont bother researching for themselves. ?

[WOLFG]
Members
27,119 posts
7,239 battles
9 minutes ago, The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob said:

The biggest problem is people don't make their own judgements and let others do it for them like LWM or yuro. The moment they say something about a ship its like the community believes it came straight out of Serbs mouth and they dont bother researching for themselves. ?

Lol nobody believes anything out of SerB's mouth. (which only applies to WoT players, he has nothing to do with WoWS)

As far as a premium ship, darn right I'll be listening to others. The only alternative is to buy it and see for myself, which I'm not about to do.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,674 posts
7,770 battles

I think that you’re trying to chalk the phenomenon of no-one shooting at you to an assumed narrative that fits your perceptions. I also think that it’s utter bollocks. You’re assuming that the majority of the playerbase pays attention to LWM or Youtube, and that’s enough to up-end your whole argument. Congratulations on your one good game in the Ashitaka. Hopefully you have more in the future.

Edited by SkaerKrow
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
796 posts
3,419 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Lol nobody believes anything out of SerB's mouth. (which only applies to WoT players, he has nothing to do with WoWS)

As far as a premium ship, darn right I'll be listening to others. The only alternative is to buy it and see for myself, which I'm not about to do.

You can watch tragicloss when she streams or the many other WG CCers that stream and see it for yourself on twitch

[WOLFG]
Members
27,119 posts
7,239 battles
1 hour ago, _V12 said:

Too late. You should have led with that. Your semi-inflammatory title and unicum game results led people to believe you were bragging, and they ignored your real point....

• Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
4,804 posts
9,480 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I think that you’re trying to chalk the phenomenon of no-one shooting at you to an assumed narrative that fits your perceptions. I also think that it’s utter bollocks. You’re assuming that the majority if the playerbase pays attention to LWM or Youtube, and that’s enough to up-end your whole argument. Congratulations on your one good game in the Ashitaka. Hopefully you have more in the future.

Don't be bringing your logic and rational thinking here.  This is not the place for it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,119 posts
7,239 battles
Just now, The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob said:

You can watch tragicloss when she streams or the many other WG CCers that stream and see it for yourself on twitch

That's just it though. No matter who I watch, I'm trusting someone else's opinion. Plus, I don't have time to watch streaming/YouTube vids in the first place.

I prefer LWM because she does a text review.

Now, I don't really pay attention to whether she says a ship is good or not, I pay attention to why she says it's good or bad. For example,  if a ship gets negative/positive marks because it's bad/good at brawling, I disregard that for the most part, because brawling isn't something I do often.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
1,912 posts
7,304 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Too late. You should have led with that. Your semi-inflammatory title and unicum game results led people to believe you were bragging, and they ignored your real point....

Turns out people don't even read, or notice the bold text.  Shocker.  

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,119 posts
7,239 battles
Just now, _V12 said:

Turns out people don't even read, or notice the bold text.  Shocker.  

Same as it ever was lol.