Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Looks like Roma is getting a little sigma nerf

93 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
4,657 posts
7,770 battles

Is it bad that, after the transformation that Cesare went through before release, I really stopped paying attention to the precise stats of upcoming ships? 

Members
2,255 posts

Meh, not worth buying... Reload is 30 seconds vs German 26, AA is bad and so are the secondary's. It's got good torp defense and small cal HE pen resistance. The only other plus is turret traverse.

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,750 posts
4,712 battles

Cesare has a distinct maneuverability advantage at his tier. Kongo is the only ship that matches and wants in no way to be on the front line. Cesare’s rifles will bracket all day at range. Roma has similar speed to all other battleships, detection is around Monarch level. 

If if I can’t hit the broadside of a barn past 15km, much less with a spotter aloft, may I at least have historical traverse for turret III? Or 1/4 pen for SAP being used for HE? :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3

Members
3,679 posts
7,973 battles

What is the purpose of Roma now?

You have a battleship with already sub-par gun performance (dpm, penetration, normalization, average fuse time, poor HE), that now cannot guarantee hits at any range like a New Mexico trying to snipe...

But the same battleship is absolutely troll when it comes to armor, 60mm of hull plating to auto-bounce all AP and shatter all cruiser HE, excellent belt armor rivaling tier 10 battleships, very small and delicate superstructure...

I see the WG vision for WoWs now. 30 peace loving ships putting a firework show for each other while cruising in the same map, enjoying the naval scenery in harmony and serenity...

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,043 posts
7,683 battles

I was under the impression the Roma's guns were never its strong suite....

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,869 battles

Instead of going crazy about a tiny sigma nerf, just give it time. Be patient. Let the ship be tested properly and then make your decisions after she's finished.

No sense making final calls on an unfinished ship.

• Cool 6

[POI--]
Members
190 posts
2,108 battles
4 minutes ago, yashma said:

I was under the impression the Roma's guns were never its strong suite....

Historically or in game? Because historically they were, ooooh boy they were. The strongest 15" guns ever built, and stronger than a lot of 16" guns.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,043 posts
7,683 battles
Just now, WeissRaben_2 said:

Historically or in game? Because historically they were, ooooh boy they were. The strongest 15" guns ever built, and stronger than a lot of 16" guns.

I was just talking about in game.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,159 posts
4,944 battles

What bugs me here is the lack of ability for this ship...I'd love Roma to be a brawler...buff the secondaries and I'd be more than happy TBH.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,750 posts
4,712 battles

Just give the 152/55 the same 7.5 second reload and GZ style secondary sigma. Reality is that the AP will bounce or shatter. Psychology people will be careful on approach. 

[WUDPS]
5,159 posts
4,944 battles

I would honestly love a secondary/concealment build on the Roma...creep up and then unleash the fury of Rome!

Beta Testers
284 posts
5,731 battles

Well said, Doomlock.You make an excellent point. Just be patient and have the Roma introduced into the game and see how it does. You are exactly right...let the ships be finished before rushing to judgment. Plus, if a ship comes in too OP, it's going to get nerfed immediately in order to maintain balance. Can't have too many dark side battleships now can we? :cap_happy:

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
1,912 posts
7,304 battles
2 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Plus, if a ship comes in too OP, it's going to get nerfed immediately in order to maintain balance. 

I sure hope not, considering that would reverse years of WG policy.  

[WUDPS]
5,159 posts
4,944 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Well said, Doomlock.You make an excellent point. Just be patient and have the Roma introduced into the game and see how it does. You are exactly right...let the ships be finished before rushing to judgment. Plus, if a ship comes in too OP, it's going to get nerfed immediately in order to maintain balance. Can't have too many dark side battleships now can we?

Please tell our overlords to buff the secondaries, Roma would be a great brawler. 

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,841 posts
4,869 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Please tell our overlords to buff the secondaries, Roma would be a great brawler. 

just what we need, a other German bb clone :cap_rambo:

[WUDPS]
5,159 posts
4,944 battles
3 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

How so? A clone would by definition be an EXACT copy of something that previously exists. There are no other Roma's in the game, the ship has meh guns, and bad AA, a secondary buff would make her more lethal. 

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
8,736 battles
Just now, Dr_Venture said:

How so? A clone would by definition be an EXACT copy of something that previously exists. There are no other Roma's in the game, the ship has meh guns, and bad AA, a secondary buff would make her more lethal. 

I'd rather have the main battery being it's trademark. But We shall see what happens. 

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
5,159 posts
4,944 battles
2 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

I'd rather have the main battery being it's trademark. But We shall see what happens. 

I would as well, but it's a good chance they may move away from that...and hopefully they either make the main battery really good, or the secondaries really good. 

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,048 posts
9,180 battles
9 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

And why not? German BBs are fun and agressive. 

[NSF]
5,300 posts
9,116 battles

Oh boy, it’s the doom and gloom brigade again.

The ship is already incredibly strong. Every CC that has played it so far has said that it’s bordering on overpowered, if not already there. As much as I hate sigma nerfs, the reality is that 1.8 vs 1.9 is not a massive difference. The guns are still some of the flattest shooting and highest pen in the game. The turrets still rotate like lightning. The armor is still strong as hell. She’s still fast as stink. The TDS is still fantastic. The detection is still cruiser tier.

Better to adjust it now than later. Who knows, if it hurts the ship that much (which it shouldn’t, given how strong it looks), they might put it back. Easier to test that before release.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this