Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pastore123

Changing the captains name

8 comments in this topic

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
8,769 battles

I asked this a few days ago on someone else’s thread, but didn’t get a response. Is it possible to change a captains name to something more personalized? If not, is it something that wg is interested in possibly doing? 

My personal opinion is that I wouldn’t mind dropping credits or a small amount of doubloons to be able to customize this name (when I say small amount, I really mean like 25 doubloons)

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,454 posts

You can, but it's complicated. You also have to redo the name change after every patch.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,911 posts
11,290 battles

I seem to remember seeing Jingles do it in one video.  Memory (given what it is) serves it was fairly simple.  I can't recall which of his thousands of videos it was on though. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,459 posts
19,965 battles

Check out @Zakuul's mod here - 

It worked for me but, as with all mods, you have to redo it after every patch/update.

Ninja'd by @Snargfargle...dang it!

Edited by Khafni

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,454 posts

This actually was easier than I expected. It took me about five minutes to figure it all out. Check out the results:

worked.jpg

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,459 posts
19,965 battles

23 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This actually was easier than I expected. It took me about five minutes to figure it all out. Check out the results:

worked.jpg

And you can even edit the picture using the same method. It just needs to be redone after each patch.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,454 posts

By the way, I used PoEdit for the text replacement too as it is easier to use for that purpose than Notepad++. This allows you to edit and recompile with one program. Anyone familiar with data manipulation programs should find PoEdit easy to use. If you have trouble with it then you probably shouldn't be trying to modify your game files in the first place. Remember too: before changing anything, make a backup.

https://poedit.net/ 

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this