You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
aether_tech

One of my major frustrations with this game: The Tier 1, not in Tier 1.

28 comments in this topic

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles

In all my battles, NOT ONCE have I seen a Tier 1 on the enemy team when I've played down here. It's ALWAYS been on my team, every, single time.

And not only was it a tier 1, but it was an AFK Tier 1 5 minutes later.

Please, just stop tier 1's from being in anything but TIER 1 games. Wargaming, please.

shot-17_12.10_22_11.09-0384.thumb.jpg.f7db2b9695fead88af982e1e8e3acd45.jpg

[HINON]
Members
12,839 posts

Meh, many of the T1's outperform T2's. Kiting at range and raining fire down upon them. It's even more obnoxious with a skilled captain.

Edited by RipNuN2

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Meh, many of the T1's outperform T2's. Kiting at range and raining fire down upon them. It's even more obnoxious with a skilled captain.

Except when most of them go AFK, or just die, or just tk/fire off into the ocean.

I've never had a useful tier 1 on my non-tier 1 team.

[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
22,360 battles

wouldn't they be divisioned if they are seeing a match higher than T1?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,384 posts
17,577 battles
Just now, aether_tech said:

I've never had a useful tier 1 on my non-tier 1 team.

From the screenshot in your OP it looks like you don't need them anyways.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

Its T3 though... most of those players don't know what is going on anyway and are going to perform just as well as the T1. Let the newbies have their fun XD

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

From the screenshot in your OP it looks like you don't need them anyways.

It was close, to close for comfort.

4 minutes ago, RogueFlameHaze said:

Its T3 though... most of those players don't know what is going on anyway and are going to perform just as well as the T1. Let the newbies have their fun XD

Depends on the level of retardation of the players. But anyone dumb enough to bring a tier 1 beyond tier 1 is going to be a detriment to their team. Especially with the great tier 1 nerf having happened. Most of my team complained about it.

Edited by aether_tech

[X-PN]
Members
9,128 posts
10,602 battles

Huh? Was he in a div? I didn't think T1 could see anything but T1.

That said, a couple T1's could hold on fairly well at T2, but against T3, just, no. I don't care how skilled the driver is, T1 isn't going to do a dang thing against a T3.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles
10 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Huh? Was he in a div? I didn't think T1 could see anything but T1.

That said, a couple T1's could hold on fairly well at T2, but against T3, just, no. I don't care how skilled the driver is, T1 isn't going to do a dang thing against a T3.

Probably was and the division disbanded before the end of the round.

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,716 posts
16,323 battles

Why is it "One of my major frustrations with this game"?  A lousy tier 1 gets pulled into your tier 2 seal club session and it's a Major Frustration?

• Cool 3

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
37 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Why is it "One of my major frustrations with this game"? A lousy tier 1 gets pulled into your tier 2 seal club session and it's a Major Frustration?

Because of how frequently it happens, and how many times it's always on my team. I've never seen a fail T1 division (or a double T2+T3 in a T4 game) on the enemy team. And I check the team list every game.

It's always my team, and it just makes my team's life a bit more difficult.

[AXANR]
Members
3,558 posts
21,310 battles

If you're seal clubbing in tier 2, you shouldn't need to worry about a useless tier 1 on your team. Any experienced player should be able to carry a few potatoes in tier 2. 

This seems like a silly excuse to [edited]. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,400 posts
23,023 battles

Just for the record, an Orlan with Advanced Firing Training should be maneuverable enough to avoid many hits AND keep the enemy in deckside weenie roasts with its rate of fire and fire chance. It can provide a great deal of 'paper cuts' to an enemy while the mainlines brawl it out.

Yes, I've fired up St. Louis' and Wakatake's from time to time in my T1 Heavy Cruiser Orlan with her 14pt Capt. An excellent challenge.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,179 posts
4,993 battles

We fail tooned an Erie in with tier 7's...somehow...someway...and it was hilarious when it survived and solo'd an atlanta.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
7 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

If you're seal clubbing in tier 2, you shouldn't need to worry about a useless tier 1 on your team. Any experienced player should be able to carry a few potatoes in tier 2. 

This seems like a silly excuse to [edited]. 

When im playing up new lines, its very annoying.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

meh,  it takes 1 match to grind t2.    even in a loss, you can easily make enough xp after 1 match.

• Cool 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
29 minutes ago, centarina said:

meh, it takes 1 match to grind t2. even in a loss, you can easily make enough xp after 1 match.

How about getting two Auras with your Myogi in a tier 5 game?

A Nurnberg when you're trying to grind from 9 to 10?

My point being: Fail division still suck when it's only 1-tier difference. And it happens way to much, and the fail division always ends up being more of a detriment to the team than they are a useful player.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,537 posts
10,372 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

We fail tooned an Erie in with tier 7's...somehow...someway...and it was hilarious when it survived and solo'd an atlanta.

That must have been a while ago.  I don't think that is possible now.  Would be funny to see it beat an Atlanta, though.

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Players don't typically stay in a Tier 1 ship very long unless they choose to, and given it's typically a new player you are going to see a less experienced/optimal player.  I saw a few recently when I was in a Tier 1 myself (being less optimal personally) so they are definitely out there!  

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,793 posts
5,911 battles
1 hour ago, Murcc said:

That must have been a while ago. I don't think that is possible now. Would be funny to see it beat an Atlanta, though.

Back when the Erie had teeth (super fat american AP). I miss that Erie, that one could fail div and fight against tier 2 and 3 ships. But the current tier 1's don't.

1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

Players don't typically stay in a Tier 1 ship very long unless they choose to, and given it's typically a new player you are going to see a less experienced/optimal player. I saw a few recently when I was in a Tier 1 myself (being less optimal personally) so they are definitely out there!

I looked up the player in the tier 1 from last night, almost a hundred games in the Erie, with a few dozen in the Chester, and St. Louis. His div mate (prior to de-diving him) had over 500 games played up to tier 7 on the IJN cruiser line, and up to tier 5 on the american bb, german bb, and tier 4 ijn dd line.

It's the constant "hey, my team gets the fail division" that annoys me.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,290 posts
12,748 battles
5 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

The Fairey Swordfish of the seas!!!

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
319 posts
9,195 battles

Normally that never happens aether_tech, in Co-Op and rarely in Random unless you division up with a tier 2 or 3. Don't know if you were, but should not happen.

I have the same tier 1 Black Duck, that I started with 2 years ago that now has a 14 point captain, and I will put it up against any Tier 2, I keep it in the inventory whenever I happen to go pink, but has not happened in about 8 months, but does not happen at tier 7-8 to me.

That little ship works great for working off 5 to 7 battles of pink status real quick.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
319 posts
9,195 battles

Krimzon, a tier 1 see up to tier 5 if it is in a division with another ship of higher tier.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
319 posts
9,195 battles

Here is a wild one for you and its tier 2 BB, random battle and the enemy had 4 Mikasa's in division and this was a tier 3 battle. They didn't do too bad though.