You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Goodwood_Alpha

Great MM Fails of Our Time #69: Tier VII Hoshos.

32 comments in this topic

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

TierVII-Hosho.thumb.png.cc630b218305278316b76a0650e9bfe9.png

There is absolutely no excuse for this—in fact, I can't believe the code would even allow it to happen in the first place, never mind the results (they aren't important, the utter failure of the matchmaker is). Hell, it isn't even really the fault of the Tier V dullards (the Furutaka on the left, the New York on the right) that divisioned with the Hoshos.

Please, WG, fix this. Put in some kind of cut-out that prevents Tier IV carriers from being slapped into Tier VII games.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,350 posts
17,564 battles

There's a one tier allowance for faildivisions. The Hosho divisioned with a tier 5, the tier 5 rolled a T7 match.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,142 posts
20,619 battles

Honesty, all complaints aside they looked like they contributed where they could.  Kudos for them not walking away.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,341 posts
34,241 battles

Fail divved. With the inevitable results. 

MM did well, it matched the fail divs to each other....

...not that you're wrong. It shouldn't be possible to do that. Although I wonder how many people would fail div like that if they knew the  Hosho couldnt see T7. They may have even thought that...

Edited by Taichunger

[SYN]
Members
8,216 posts
13,788 battles

MM doesn't put t4 CVs with anything over t5. Unless the player fail divs...

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

MM doesn't put t4 CVs with anything over t5. Unless the player fail divs... which you conveniently left of the div on your screen shot. 

Since I doubt you didn't know all this... I think you're just trying to troll.

Except I explained it in my post; the shot was cut up so as not to name-and-shame.

[SYN]
Members
8,216 posts
13,788 battles
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Except I explained it in my post; the shot was cut up so as not to name-and-shame.

I saw that after my post, missed it on the first read through of yours. Which is why I edited mine.

Alpha Tester
937 posts
7,720 battles
2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I saw that after my post, missed it on the first read through of yours. Which is why I edited mine.

go edit your face

btw I just had a match with this except they were Langleys.  Pretty silly but at least it is balanced out by CVs being the same tier.  

One thing they should do is make it so that Tier V CVs can't fight Tier VI because it's very unfair.

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,715 posts
16,306 battles

Both teams got a Hosho, I don't see any problem with it.  Both fail divisions got punished for trying to outsmart MM - the Hosho's got what they deserved.  Allowing a 1 tier MM fail div is acceptable, never admired but acceptable.

[NOT]
Members
1,044 posts
6,283 battles
24 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Both teams got a Hosho, I don't see any problem with it.  Both fail divisions got punished for trying to outsmart MM - the Hosho's got what they deserved.  Allowing a 1 tier MM fail div is acceptable, never admired but acceptable.

the other hosho get pulled into the pool since there is a fail CV-div as CV MM is mirrored by tier

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
744 posts
6,020 battles

ah, the good old MM cheese

Great if it works, not the end of the world if it doesn't. 

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,970 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

...not that you're wrong. It shouldn't be possible to do that. Although I wonder how many people would fail div like that if they knew the  Hosho couldnt see T7. They may have even thought that...

Thing is, so far I haven't been thrown into T7 with my Houshou yet whenever I did this Kind of Division. It works in many cases, but it only works as Long as not everyone is doing it.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,779 posts
25,352 battles

Guess the two T5 wanted to make sure they get into a T5 battle. Karma is a biatch sometimes. Wish I made a screenshot at the WE. A NY div with a V170 and a T4 cruiser. Being in a T7 battle must have been a suprise for them.

[PLPTE]
Members
493 posts
6,886 battles

The fail div is intentional. 

I played a similar match where two fail divs in a high tier match had it's members trying to explain the whole match how it's an advantage since MM rarely allows this to happen.  In fact it only happened because TWO similar fail divs were in the queue at the same time. 

When there's no other fail div in queue, it's almost guaranteed to allow the 5's to be top tier.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

WG shouldnt allow failed divisions. Its a punishment for the entire team. 

[-N-]
Members
2,156 posts
14,580 battles

Actually this is interesting, as I thought the MM took into account the CV first, then the other ships.  So what I believed of the MM is incorrect then.  Good to know.

Alpha Tester
937 posts
7,720 battles

Is fail-divisioning with a CV always a bad thing?  I wonder if there are exceptions, like with Saipan or Enterprise.  You know that you are going to only be matched up against a same tier, and if you have a team-mate who is confident in his abilities with that ship, it doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world.  

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,170 posts
4,954 battles

A scharnhorst div'd with a Tirpitz and he pulled a tier 10....I felt bad for hitting him with all 8 torps from Z-52

• Funny 1

[BOTES]
Members
2,130 posts
7,608 battles

That's the point. Most of the time, people use T4 CV to force T5 ships into T4 matches. It usually works because not a lot of people do it at the same time. However, when two clubbers have the same idea, their divs often get matched up and uptiered. Same happens with T5 CV in T8, T6 in T9, and T7 in T10.

There are certain people I may not name that do this frequently. You have probably seen them farming WTR to show up on the NA leaderboards. There's also a ton of seal clubbers at T1 who have played 6-10k games of just T1.

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

A lot of people here don't seem to realize the only way for MM to do this is if both teams had the similar CV fail division.

BOTH cvs were trying to do this and so they both got screwed.

Members
307 posts
6,744 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

A lot of people here don't seem to realize the only way for MM to do this is if both teams had the similar CV fail division.

BOTH cvs were trying to do this and so they both got screwed.

No, a CV faildiv forces another lower tiered CV in the queue to be matched in an uptiered match.

[MKF]
Members
580 posts
20,397 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

Dishonor to all who finish below a hosho in a tier 7 match.

The number of ships that scored below them is a bit sad...