You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thraxian

Finally finished the Yamamoto campaign!

20 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
814 posts
8,556 battles

Yeah, I know, I took my time doing it, but high tier gameplay can be frustrating at times, so I only chipped away at it slowly...

XwcdMdB.jpg

Mostly used the Shimakaze for the campaign and ended up with a 61% win rate with her at the end of it.

Now all I have to do is figure out which ship to put Yamamoto in. Any recommendations?

Edited by Thraxian
  • Cool 1

Members
4,083 posts
4,347 battles

If I remember what he does right, any ship where you can get 5 kills and still matter. Throwing him into an Atago might be fun too, with the extra heal. 

[NEMO]
Members
814 posts
8,556 battles
5 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

If I remember what he does right, any ship where you can get 5 kills and still matter. Throwing him into an Atago might be fun too, with the extra heal. 

Hmm... I get more Krackens at lower tiers.

Wonder if I should put him in the Fujin or Kamikaze?

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,776 battles

Congrats. I just finished getting all the piece of the collection, had to use duplicates to finish.

Still don't know what to do with Captain Yamamoto, got him chill'n in the barracks with the ARP captains. 

He doesn't seem to mind. 

:cap_cool:  

[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,012 posts
20 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

Yeah, I know, I took my time doing it, but high tier gameplay can be frustrating at times, so I only chipped away at it slowly...

XwcdMdB.jpg

Mostly used the Shimakaze for the campaign and ended up with a 61% win rate with her at the end of it.

Now all I have to do is figure out which ship to put Yamamoto in. Any recommendations?

There's only one choice: Yamato.

Why?

All the perks Yamamoto has benefit it significantly more than any other ship. First Blood gives you an extra repair..which is priceless.... and this ship has the ability to get first blood consistently given it can 1 shot any cruiser if you're good at aiming those monster guns.

Kraken? Usually achieved near the end of the battle.. which is when you usually are out of repairs and/or quite damaged. The repair ignored unrepairable damage so you get a near full health repair at a time when you could've died form a couple more hits or a lucky citadel on you.

Red Tracers... Lets the red team know you're boss and you're there to stomp them. *grin*

[NEMO]
Members
814 posts
8,556 battles
3 minutes ago, BelgaraththeSorcerer said:

Keep it in Hashidate :Smile_trollface:

Now that's just mean....   lol

PS. Nice googly eyes. I should have asked littlewhitemouse to give me some, too....

[NDA]
Supertester
2,902 posts
5,808 battles

Congrats.  I'm still slowly plugging away at it...  And I keep thinking I'm going to be throwing him in my Akizuki. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
16,590 battles

I currently have him in my Shinonome. Congratulations!

Am

Members
949 posts
10,819 battles

Yeah Man.  I banked a million elite commander xp to bring him to 19 points and threw him into my Flagship Yamato.  The build works for Kii, Atago and all the ARP ships.  I'm strongest on Shima and weakest on Zao - I don't see Shima making sense, either CA or BB so you can dual purpose with premium ships.  

I just need one last item on the collection for his flag!

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles

I'm on the 5th set of tasks on the Yamamoto campaign, and have only 3 6 out of the 15 stars needed.  But the end is in sight.

Edited by Crucis

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,799 posts
14,724 battles
1 hour ago, Thraxian said:

Any recommendations

Any IJN premium ships to avoid the grind of re train the capt ..... and BAM, enjoyed the skills the capt had.

Congrat on finishing off the campaign

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

Congrats! I was stoked to finally unlock the 1st end chapter mission tonight, so I can only imagine how I feel.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,841 posts
11,259 battles

Grats, chipped away at it as well cause I kinda hate high tier gameplay.

I went initially with a "Snow" (anyone that knows Game of Thrones should get it, not sure if the forum rules allow the other word) build that would work generally for all my IJN premiums to some extent (Kami/Fujin, Mutsu, etc), but while I still have that build with 15 points, decided after some history look up to put him in Nagato (cause I don't have Yamato). Which was pretty fun, was one kill from a Kraken that if RNG had let 1 more shell hit the ship I fired at hit would have killed it for the heal and all and likely would have decimated the last of the enemy team instead of the loss we got as I was destroyed shortly after before I could reload.

However, if you do put him in Nagato - DO NOT play him in that ship on December 7th. I played in AZ - wins, QE - wins, pretty much every other ship, wins - 0 wins in Nagato that day, could not win, at all, no matter what even though the previous 2 days I had no issue.

[RLGN]
Members
13,516 posts
23,581 battles
3 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

Congrats. I just finished getting all the piece of the collection, had to use duplicates to finish.

Still don't know what to do with Captain Yamamoto, got him chill'n in the barracks with the ARP captains. 

Still quietly chipping away at it... Want him for the name; because I can run most ships well; but not well enough to toss off the things that make him useful.

3 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

He doesn't seem to mind. 

:cap_cool:  

Secretly a 2D otaku...

[SYN]
Members
3,676 posts
21,161 battles

Congratulations

My choice: Yugumo.

First Blood = Extra Speed Boost, Repair & Torp Reload                        I run DDs and get one in roughly 10 games. 

Kraken = Harder to get but the heal at the end of a battle is a god send and the extra reload speed make it that much more special.

If you like the Shima he is also very good on that one

[NEMO]
Members
814 posts
8,556 battles

So far, the recommendations are:

Yamato x2

Atago x2

Nagato

Yugumo

Kamikaze/Fujin

Currently, I have the Yamato, Shimakaze, Atago, Mogami, Fujin and Kamikaze.

I think I'm going to try him out in the Kamikaze for now and see what happens...