Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MoSSaD_

Getting Torped while in my own Smoke

21 comments in this topic

[KIDON]
Members
16 posts
16,024 battles

Ive been Pink quite a few times myself as high as T105.. So I do try to watch collision torps angels etc... So anyway.. im in my smoke fire at 2 BB and a dd behind me fires off (shima) 15 torps hitting me several times, i end up flooding to my death.. he screaming craplike I did someting, telling teh team to report me, what an [edited],, but the thing is he didnt go pink, he wasnt even charged with a -1 status,, when I look at the stats there was no report of any team damage to me,, but onder the -who killed me lable his name was listed.. so he TKed me yet no pink status to him or penalty ... wth   anyone able to tell me why??? cause im sure i would of gone pink from it, I've  done the same thing to others and did go pink from it..

2017-12-10.png

[HINON]
Members
12,851 posts

And to add to what krimzon said the minus 1 to his kill count just reduces it by one. So if he had one kill on the enemy the tk would reduce his kill count to 0.

[KSD]
[KSD]
Members
228 posts
10,035 battles

Yeah, I would've reported him;  2 Unsporting Behavior 2 Misbehavior in chat And 3 Plays Poorly just to be sure. though I also recommend thinking of the Risk that arise from this, that of course being that he could Assume/figure out its you and report you 7 times back making you're karma sink like a rock.

[VFW]
Members
1,372 posts
27,914 battles

Almost 11K in games and did not know of this mechanic...scratching my head on that one.  Well others answered the question well for others to know.

v/r,

[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,023 posts

The whole karma system is as incompetent as most design decisions WG makes.

You don't play like the armchair kiddy wants you to? reported and -karma.

You don't do what a division in your team tells you to do when they tell you? multiple reports and -karma.

You're stuck unable to advance and the team can't wrap their brains as to why a BB doesn't cross an island corner when 3 DDs are behind it? Reported and -karma.

Not lemming rush with the rest AND you're behind the team because you're in the slowest ship in the map..despite you having nearly 200k damage but no kills by mid-battle? Reported and -karma.

• Cool 2

[KSD]
[KSD]
Members
228 posts
10,035 battles
5 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

The whole karma system is as incompetent as most design decisions WG makes.

You don't play like the armchair kiddy wants you to? reported and -karma.

You don't do what a division in your team tells you to do when they tell you? multiple reports and -karma.

You're stuck unable to advance and the team can't wrap their brains as to why a BB doesn't cross an island corner when 3 DDs are behind it? Reported and -karma.

Not lemming rush with the rest AND you're behind the team because you're in the slowest ship in the map..despite you having nearly 200k damage but no kills by mid-battle? Reported and -karma.

Yep!

me In almost every Midway Game basically.

Since the buffs ive been Averaging 154K Games and 60 plane kills, gets reported every game because of that 1 or 2 Players who end off alone and died to there CV because they was CLEARLY To far away for my fighters to get there in time.

and players seem to always blame the CVs for loosing even when there Top of the team.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,561 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Reeves said:

Yep!

me In almost every Midway Game basically.

Since the buffs ive been Averaging 154K Games and 60 plane kills, gets reported every game because of that 1 or 2 Players who end off alone and died to there CV because they was CLEARLY To far away for my fighters to get there in time.

and players seem to always blame the CVs for loosing even when there Top of the team.

That's not the reason. It because no one is running AA builds because of clan wars. It pisses people off to see CV's in the game.

[O_O]
Members
6,228 posts
14,416 battles
9 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

Use all the 7 reports, even it does nothing.

9 hours ago, Admiral_Reeves said:

Yeah, I would've reported him;  2 Unsporting Behavior 2 Misbehavior in chat And 3 Plays Poorly just to be sure.

Perhaps, just maybe, this is why Karma doesn't do anything in-game but change your little number.  IMO you should only be able to report a player one time per game...I assumed that's the way it was.  I didn't realize you could lodge multiple reports against the same player in the same game.  That just sounds childish.

[AFW-]
Members
972 posts
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Perhaps, just maybe, this is why Karma doesn't do anything in-game but change your little number.  IMO you should only be able to report a player one time per game...I assumed that's the way it was.  I didn't realize you could lodge multiple reports against the same player in the same game.  That just sounds childish.

Does torping and teamkilling sound mature?

[AFW-]
Members
972 posts
8 hours ago, TexJapan said:

Almost 11K in games and did not know of this mechanic...scratching my head on that one.  Well others answered the question well for others to know.

v/r,

Maybe you are a nice guy who doesn't teamkill or get teamkilled often or uses the report feature...?

Members
948 posts
4,337 battles
10 hours ago, Admiral_Reeves said:

Yeah, I would've reported him;  2 Unsporting Behavior 2 Misbehavior in chat And 3 Plays Poorly just to be sure. though I also recommend thinking of the Risk that arise from this, that of course being that he could Assume/figure out its you and report you 7 times back making you're karma sink like a rock.

Did not know you could multi-report someone for one battle. Have rarely reported anyone(maybe 1 /week) and have no clue how karma system works or doesn't or even how to look up my own karma in game.

Beta Testers
1,631 posts
10,535 battles
1 hour ago, zuga_01 said:

Does torping and teamkilling sound mature?

If he intentionally torped and/or killed you, it was immature.

If he played stupid, and torped without considering where you were, or would be, it was a stupid mistake, and not immature.

[AFW-]
Members
972 posts
58 minutes ago, Strachwitz666 said:

Did not know you could multi-report someone for one battle. Have rarely reported anyone(maybe 1 /week) and have no clue how karma system works or doesn't or even how to look up my own karma in game.

Surprise, I tel u a trick. If you used all 7 reports as "misbehavior in chat" against a single player, he can get a chat ban instantly.

[VFW]
Members
1,372 posts
27,914 battles
2 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

Maybe you are a nice guy who doesn't teamkill or get teamkilled often or uses the report feature...?

Zuga,

Well, with a few games in my que, yes been on both sides of the fence as far as TK's are concerned.   If you're speaking of the Karma system (which people describe as "reporting") I've used it.   For out right sending a report to WG on a player, no, I have not reported an individual...only mechanic or software issues.

Now to directly answer the underlining question which I point out....11K in games and blissfully ignorant of  basic game mechanics or logic points to????...that is what had me "scratching" my head.   

vr

[KSD]
[KSD]
Members
228 posts
10,035 battles

Yeah...

now that its pointed out, it really is Immature to Multi report someone on each category.

they should Limit it to 1 Report for each category,

[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
22,388 battles

What's with all this disinfo? You can only report somebody once per battle. Any other reports after on that particular player are wasted and have no affect on karma.

11 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

Surprise, I tel u a trick. If you used all 7 reports as "misbehavior in chat" against a single player, he can get a chat ban instantly.

No, you can't do this.

Edited by Ju87s

[AFW-]
Members
972 posts
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

What's with all this disinfo? You can only report somebody once per battle. Any other reports after that are wasted and have no affect on karma.

No, you can't do this.

I think I have silenced some people with that trick before.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,454 posts

I was once almost torpedoed in a smoke screen that I had captured by sinking the the DD that had laid it. I was trying to use it to my advantage but i kept having dodge to avoid spread after spread of allied torpedos, all the while yelling in chat that there was nobody in the smoke but me and for my team to look at the color of the ship they were trying to kill.

I think some people get a mental fixation and can't help but react in a certain way.  In biology we call this a fixed action pattern. Humans are supposed to have the cognitive ability to override their innate responses if necessary but said ability comes more easily to some than to others. This is an example of a fixed action pattern. Note that the goose has to complete the behavior even though the object that initiated it has been removed.

Sign in to follow this