You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Typhoon51

Getting hit by allies, then getting penalized by WoWS

10 comments in this topic

[IJAG]
Members
17 posts
10,560 battles

Not sure where to put this item. But it is more of a question rather than a complaint. A couple of battles ago (2), I got blasted by gunfire by a Phoenix/Omaha driver that came up on my outside (I was in HMS Emerald and had slowed down so I would not collide with the island off my bow) to fire on the same vessel I was attempting to hit. I know if you are in binocular view you have a very restricted view of what is going on, heat of battle, and he may not have seen me. But I was penalized by WoWS for causing damage??? to an ally. The question is, why was I penalized? 2 battles later I was in Prinz Eugen and got torped by allied ship while I was in a close quarters gunfight with an enemy cruiser and I know I will be penalized for that also. So will he. But this was definitely a case of my being in the wrong place at the wrong moment of time, no fault on the allied ship, as I was probably not visible to him when he fired his torps and he was  not visible to me. WoWS seems very ready to fine or pink accidental "blue on blue" (though I have witnessed several very deliberate "blue on blue") some they (you) must have some means to actually verify this. Yes/No? 

Edited by Typhoon51

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Lotta pink out there these days.  More than ever IMO.  Not sure why. I have been pink twice in a month.  I wear my pink as a badge of honor.  Means at least I FIGHT!  I may hit the green ships but by golly I am shooting. :Smile_teethhappy:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,282 posts
18,459 battles

Ship happens; deal with it and moooooooove on.

Members
9,915 posts
13,288 battles

you do NOT GET PENALIZED for being shot by friendly ships...
If I read your rant correctly that is what you seem to think??

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

Pink is the new green bub if you look at the replay, I'm betting anything a shell of yours or a torpedo of yours hit one of the two players.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
218 posts
1 hour ago, Typhoon51 said:

Not sure where to put this item. But it is more of a question rather than a complaint. A couple of battles ago (2), I got blasted by gunfire by a Phoenix/Omaha driver that came up on my outside (I was in HMS Emerald and had slowed down so I would not collide with the island off my bow) to fire on the same vessel I was attempting to hit. I know if you are in binocular view you have a very restricted view of what is going on, heat of battle, and he may not have seen me. But I was penalized by WoWS for causing damage??? to an ally. The question is, why was I penalized? 2 battles later I was in Prinz Eugen and got torped by allied ship while I was in a close quarters gunfight with an enemy cruiser and I know I will be penalized for that also. So will he. But this was definitely a case of my being in the wrong place at the wrong moment of time, no fault on the allied ship, as I was probably not visible to him when he fired his torps and he was  not visible to me. WoWS seems very ready to fine or pink accidental "blue on blue" (though I have witnessed several very deliberate "blue on blue") some they (you) must have some means to actually verify this. Yes/No? 

You may have been close enough to bump together.  No big deal.

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,445 battles

I was thinking bump also.  Screenshot of the Results screen would have helped.  It shows damage done, including to allies, with the amount and type.

[IJAG]
Members
17 posts
10,560 battles
1 hour ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

Pink is the new green bub if you look at the replay, I'm betting anything a shell of yours or a torpedo of yours hit one of the two players.

I was the recipient of the shells (was facing port) and the shells passed thru me from starboard. Same as the torps. Never even got a chance to fire any. I was the middle man.