Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Panzer1113

Cambletown, still around

12 comments in this topic

[RCNW3]
Members
1,903 posts
17,932 battles

Cambletown, my first premium ship when I was starting out in WOW.  She was cheap in terms of doubloons, the first DD I had, was playing BBs and cruisers and wanted to see what the DD world was.  Good torps and stealth, terrible guns, definition of what a ninja DD should be.  She taught me how to play DDs, was a credit producer, when I really did not have one.  Played a lot, she is still my most played ship because I relied on her so much early on... Then came the German DD introduction, now too many DDs with good guns, in too many gun fights, with  the Cambletown's pee shooters, and pretty nimble gunboats, where three torps per side with longer reload time was just not enough.  In frustration, parked her in port - almost never taken out - put her captain into British Cruisers, my Cambletown had became the definition of a "port queen".  Now even more DDs in the game with PADDs, even more gun boats and the introduction of the free Vampire.  Decided to take the old girl out this morning, not expecting much.  First time she has been out in six months, plopped my Minotaur captain in - and girded myself for war - tiered up and.... this is what happened - guess the old girl, still has a few teeth left...

shot-17.12.10_10.57.43-0740.jpg

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles

Still arguably the best torpedoes in tier.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,459 posts
19,965 battles

She is a fun ship and surprises many a foe. Congrats!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,298 posts
18,473 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Still arguably the best torpedoes in tier.

Yeah; the guns stink, the detection is ragged edge, no AA or secondaries, and maneuvers mediocre at best.

But man those torps, when they hit ... (as Sheldon Cooper would say) Bazinga!

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

Yeah, I took mine out this weekend too.  I did a lot of damage, but Vampires are a real threat.  There's a part of me that really wants a nice Wickes premium, Ward, or a Destroyermen USS Walker collab, or even a down tiered, stock Clemson, such as John D Ford or Edsall.

• Cool 2

Members
101 posts
On 12/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, crzyhawk said:

Yeah, I took mine out this weekend too.  I did a lot of damage, but Vampires are a real threat.  There's a part of me that really wants a nice Wickes premium, Ward, or a Destroyermen USS Walker collab, or even a down tiered, stock Clemson, such as John D Ford or Edsall.

I will gladly and quickly assign DD 163 to my port the second WG makes one. Maybe have that jap gun on the number 4 mount as a way to make it unique?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

Well they specifically do not allow mixed main batteries, so I doubt that will be an option.  If they just reduce it to 4 inch, it will just be a very weak campbeltown.

[TF-64]
Members
512 posts
18,128 battles

Still have mine. Bought it on a sale. Used my saved up dubloons from several ranked seasons. Still think it was a good buy. Haven't taken it out for a joyride in a while. Might have to remedy that time off this weekend. Thanks for the reminder of an odd but enjoyable boat that needs some playtime. 

[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,426 battles
On 12/26/2017 at 1:44 PM, Sivle said:

Vampire outclasses this by a large margin in every way.

Hey

I would have to agree with this just from the few battles I have had in both.  I really like the Vampire, it's a fun little boat; but I will keep both.

Pete

-Members-
360 posts
194 battles

Well we're sailing here in Campbelltown

And we're making other ships go down

We told the team "Cover me at A"

They said "Going C" and sailed away

And we're sinking in our Campbeltown...

Sign in to follow this