You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GuntherPrein

Please stop sticking up for poor cv play please call it out

85 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
23,869 battles

Am getting real tired of the amount of badly played CV out there and then when you call them out they get real pissy and report you things ,ike spotting and anti spotting are very helpful to your team players at Hak and Mid levels should know this by now

If nobody tells them and gets angry with them they will never learn to support teammates and will continue to brag how they farmed 100 000 damage but did nothing else while team was perma spotted whole game.

• Cool 3

[KOHAI]
Members
1,678 posts
5,171 battles

It's very hard to play a CV, you can't to everything, and if it's a choice between breaking and helping a random team possibly win, then most choose the latter. 

Most CV captains do the best they can, and playing that class is overwhelming and nerve wracking. So it can be very hard to take criticism well.

Besides, lastly it's very rare to ever be complemented for good play in a CV, most people just face criticism. Never any real help or praise for when they are a team player. It's already a demoralizing class to play, criticism just makes it worse.

Edited by megadeux
  • Cool 3

[VFW]
Members
1,372 posts
27,904 battles

Holly lack of punctuation.   As for "badly" played CVs, sure if you're nice about it, but usually just have to let it go...or not.   The more potato CVs, the more I want to play CVs and clear the skies and seas.

v/r,

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles
1 minute ago, TexJapan said:

if you're nice about it

Hint: he (usually) isn't.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[VFW]
Members
1,372 posts
27,904 battles
1 minute ago, megadeux said:

It's very hard to play a CV, you can't to everything, and if it's a choice between breaking and helping a random team possibly win, then most choose the latter. 

Most CV captains do the best they can, and playing that class is overwhelming and nerve wracking. So it can be very hard to take criticism well.

Besides, lastly it's very rare to ever be complemented for good play in a CV do most people just face criticism. Never any real help or praise for when they are a team player. It's already a demoralizing class to play, criticism just makes it worse.

That last statement is very true....usually it's ignore or "let the hate flow".

v/r,

[VFW]
Members
1,372 posts
27,904 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Hint: he (usually) isn't.

Lert, have you gamed with him before?

v/r

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,399 posts
17,609 battles
Just now, TexJapan said:

Seen him in battles.

[X-PN]
Members
9,129 posts
10,609 battles
3 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

v/r

It's a less than pleasant experience, honestly.

[VFW]
Members
1,372 posts
27,904 battles

Lert, Krimzon,

Thanks for the heads up.   For both of you to remember one player out of thousands...that something.

v/r,

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
20 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

Am getting real tired of the amount of badly played CV out there and then when you call them out they get real pissy and report you things ,ike spotting and anti spotting are very helpful to your team players at Hak and Mid levels should know this by now

If nobody tells them and gets angry with them they will never learn to support teammates and will continue to brag how they farmed 100 000 damage but did nothing else while team was perma spotted whole game.

So are you stating that you're a horrible CV player then??

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
23,869 battles
10 minutes ago, 0crazy8s0 said:

So are you stating that you're a horrible CV player then??

LOOL ok prob played more CV games than you got total games

[-ARM-]
Beta Testers
982 posts
9,854 battles

Telling the CV player that they made a mistake, and telling him how to not to do it again is one thing, but since unicorns are more common than the people who are willing to do this, the exchange usually occurs as other players flaming the CV player, for his failing to dominate his opponent, like angry twelve year old brats, offering no advice or help to the CV player. I have no problem with the first scenario, if it is delivered with at least a modicum of tact and courtesy, but the second, and quite frankly the far more common, second scenario is a problem, and is poor sportsmanship, and should not be encouraged.

• Cool 2

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Bad CV play almost guarantees a loss..

Back in the day, there was a report that if everyone in society would shame fat people in public, it would completely get rid of obesity.

The fact of peeps calling you out on a regular basis usually makes ya wanna change..

• Cool 4

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
23,869 battles
1 minute ago, sulghunter331 said:

Telling the CV player that they made a mistake, and telling him how to not to do it again is one thing, but since unicorns are more common than the people who are willing to do this, the exchange usually occurs as other players flaming the CV player, for his failing to dominate his opponent, like angry twelve year old brats, offering no advice or help to the CV player. I have no problem with the first scenario, if it is delivered with at least a modicum of tact and courtesy, but the second, and quite frankly the far more common, second scenario is a problem, and is poor sportsmanship, and should not be encouraged.

lool having your teammates mad at you for failing is how you learn to be better when I learned CV it was hate on guess what I learned  to be pretty gud to the point I get comp s from playing it all these people make it sound like I go full pysco  and that is not really true until you get 6 games in a row of bad CV players and then I do get pretty frank with them bad on me I guess 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,654 battles

Let me ask this. Am I a horrible CV captain on my Enterprise. I don't deny it in the least. However I spend most of my time trying to keep fighters away and keeping areas lit as much as I can, which is an unsung job that pays next to squat.

But since I don't do a ton of damage, am I playing bad?

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
23,869 battles
1 minute ago, Wulfgarn said:

Bad CV play almost guarantees a loss..

Back in the day, there was a report that if everyone in society would shame fat people in public, it would completely get rid of obesity.

The fact of peeps calling you out on a regular basis usually makes ya wanna change..

It did for me

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
23,869 battles
2 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Let me ask this. Am I a horrible CV captain on my Enterprise. I don't deny it in the least. However I spend most of my time trying to keep fighters away and keeping areas lit as much as I can, which is an unsung job that pays next to squat.

No not at all I would rather a CV captain that spots all enemy torps makes enemy think twice about strikes and gets less damage than one who farms 250 000 kills 6 planes and lets team get outspotted and wrecked by torps. Ive beat  lotsa super Unicum CV with team work and just shutting down areas so we both get low damage and if they get to strike focused outspotting their teams DD

Edited by GuntherPrein

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,459 posts
19,965 battles
26 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

That last statement is very true....usually it's ignore or "let the hate flow".

v/r,

But not always true. I've complimented many a CV player in this game, not only with Karma but in game chat. The really good ones (IMHO) get praised loud and clear and I hope they get more karma from the team after the battle. When I see effort, I encourage them, even if the effort doesn't pan out.

Very seldom have I seen "derpy" CV play. No one takes on that challenge to do poorly and everyone has derpy moments in the game.

The weak ones I say nothing. I don't play CV's (except very poorly in PT) so I decide not to judge why they did what they did. It is a hard class to play for most and my hat's off to those who try.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
23,869 battles
32 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

v/r

Yep lotsa games Ive seen lert he allways a comp to his teams but I do remember a few that he trashed talk teams guess its all right if he does it

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
39 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

Gunther, I think that you're being unfair to CV players here.  CVs (or, rather, their planes) can't be everywhere and do everything all at the same time.  But some people, which I'm starting to think includes you, seem to think that if a CV player isn't everywhere and doing everything, must therefore be a bad CV player.  And this is hardly encouraging of "good" CV play.

Furthermore, the rewards for what you seem to think is good team play are minimal.  And you should damned well know by now that randoms are not true battles between teams.  Because if they were, everyone on the team would get the same  reward for winning (or losing).  But in an environment where you're individually rewarded on concrete things in battle, like doing damage and so on, it's not the slightest surprise that players will play in a way that helps them improve or outright maximize their individual rewards, whether you like it or not.  That does NOT make them bad players.  That makes them the same as everyone else that plays this game and is grinding out XP and credits.    The problem with people who complain about carriers not spotting stuff for them is that those people want all the glory (and XP and credits) for the damage they do to the spotted ships, but they want the CV player to sacrifice his own ability to farm XP and credits for their benefit.  That sounds rather selfish to me. 

What are THEY doing to help the CV?  Do any of them stay back to protect the CV from air attack, for example?  No, they don't.  They will state up front, "CV, defend thyself".  So if the non-CVs aren't willing to help protect the carrier, why should the carrier return the favor?

Honestly, the selfishness I hear in your post is staggering.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,459 posts
19,965 battles
5 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

You? Sure... :Smile_hiding:

Having a ship on the team that cannot actually sink ships is often a considered a short-handed team and doomed to lose. I'd rather have a CV player who can get clear skies on my team than one who can farm tons of damage - yet leave the other CV the same opportunity. You effectively neutralize the other CV and let me focus on the immediate threat. Keep on strafing IronWolfV!

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles
3 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

Cv life... hated if you do well, hated if you do bad.

Most masochistic ship type in the game.

...especially for the tree US carriers that keep getting nerf after nerf...