Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spud_butt

Fun with Xmas Decos

7 comments in this topic

[JMMAF]
Members
1,954 posts
6,629 battles

hi. 

stepping away from my usual deadly serious, yet often times based in fiction, posts, in a sincere effort to bring some xmas joy into everyone's world. lived around and on Puget sound for a long time, and loved the boats with xmas lights and parades of same. since this is 'off topic' i'll not include any pictures of that, though!!

my son sent me the photo, which he discovered online. the local fire dept received so many calls from concerned people passing by, they had to ask him to remove it. his family was relieved, evidently, as many, many people had stopped and shouted asking if he needed help.....  

it reminded me of a prank my favorite ex gf's youngest daughter and I pulled years ago. this was not an original idea, I read about it in the paper (see, being honest, too). right after the lighted reindeer that had moving heads were released, a couple kids in Minnesota arranged them so it appeared Rudolph was humping one of the others. there was quite the outrage, the boys were tracked down, and forced to correct their 'alteration' and apologize. well, the youngest daughter and I thought this would be the perfect xmas cheer prank to pull on the old stodgy sob that put it in his yard, so off we went, in the dead of night, to attempt our evil deed.

we were laughing so hard, i'm amazed the entire neighborhood didn't wake, but that was only the beginning of our less than ninja silent operation. we tripped over wiring, dropped both the victim reindeer at least once, and argued constantly.. 'no, it has to still be in the line, no! off to the side, next to the bush' it took us well over an hour, yet not even a dog stirred. we were both scared out of our minds when we were buzzed by a snowy white owl, and ran part way home before we realized it was not the ghost of xmas past or something. more laughter. the lights were off when we worked our magic, so we really didn't know how we did at the time. when we returned home, late, wet and cold, on a school nite, the favorite ex gf was standing in the entry, arms crossed, with "the look." we laughed so hard, we couldn't even rat each other out. what were we doing? uh, just out for a walk.

the next morning, on the way to drop her off at school, it was looking pretty good. we had elected to keep it in line, it was not hugely obvious, so we figured it might make it 'till lighting that evening.

I was driving back from work after dark, it was lit, and it looked really good. I was pretty much done with the hysterical laughter when I got home, and suggested we go for a short walk before dinner to check out the lights in the neighborhood, it was a big deal for all of them, but still early in the season. when we got to 'it' there was at least 20 neighbors standing around laughing, so we joined them, and tried to act all innocent and everything. it should be noted at this point the favorite ex gf knew.

as an aside, the adjusted decorations stayed that way because the lady of the house LOVED it and insisted it remain as it was, even when a local church group objected. "it was just an act of nature" I was inspired to put up lights that year, and put a huge smiley face, using the entire 2 story front of the house. blue eyes, red nose and lips, with a tongue sticking our, and nothing else, it won second place in the unofficial decoration vote from the neighborhood folks that year. 

anyway, have fun, see you in battle, and will fire a cheerful broadside your way. merry torpedoes. 

FallingDecor.thumb.jpg.0e09415f24439746b40905e0e0d0850a.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

Just don't be the Hawk house lol.  That thing has way too many lights lol. Oh and don't fall off the ladder.  Its icy and cold as crap and I live in Puget sound area myself lol.

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles

Haha, what a great story. It sounds like everyone had a good laugh about it, and it was very creative. Thanks for sharing! :)

Members
147 posts
385 battles
13 hours ago, not_acceptable said:

hi. 

stepping away from my usual deadly serious, yet often times based in fiction, posts, in a sincere effort to bring some xmas joy into everyone's world. lived around and on Puget sound for a long time, and loved the boats with xmas lights and parades of same. since this is 'off topic' i'll not include any pictures of that, though!!

my son sent me the photo, which he discovered online. the local fire dept received so many calls from concerned people passing by, they had to ask him to remove it. his family was relieved, evidently, as many, many people had stopped and shouted asking if he needed help.....  

it reminded me of a prank my favorite ex gf's youngest daughter and I pulled years ago. this was not an original idea, I read about it in the paper (see, being honest, too). right after the lighted reindeer that had moving heads were released, a couple kids in Minnesota arranged them so it appeared Rudolph was humping one of the others. there was quite the outrage, the boys were tracked down, and forced to correct their 'alteration' and apologize. well, the youngest daughter and I thought this would be the perfect xmas cheer prank to pull on the old stodgy sob that put it in his yard, so off we went, in the dead of night, to attempt our evil deed.

we were laughing so hard, i'm amazed the entire neighborhood didn't wake, but that was only the beginning of our less than ninja silent operation. we tripped over wiring, dropped both the victim reindeer at least once, and argued constantly.. 'no, it has to still be in the line, no! off to the side, next to the bush' it took us well over an hour, yet not even a dog stirred. we were both scared out of our minds when we were buzzed by a snowy white owl, and ran part way home before we realized it was not the ghost of xmas past or something. more laughter. the lights were off when we worked our magic, so we really didn't know how we did at the time. when we returned home, late, wet and cold, on a school nite, the favorite ex gf was standing in the entry, arms crossed, with "the look." we laughed so hard, we couldn't even rat each other out. what were we doing? uh, just out for a walk.

the next morning, on the way to drop her off at school, it was looking pretty good. we had elected to keep it in line, it was not hugely obvious, so we figured it might make it 'till lighting that evening.

I was driving back from work after dark, it was lit, and it looked really good. I was pretty much done with the hysterical laughter when I got home, and suggested we go for a short walk before dinner to check out the lights in the neighborhood, it was a big deal for all of them, but still early in the season. when we got to 'it' there was at least 20 neighbors standing around laughing, so we joined them, and tried to act all innocent and everything. it should be noted at this point the favorite ex gf knew.

as an aside, the adjusted decorations stayed that way because the lady of the house LOVED it and insisted it remain as it was, even when a local church group objected. "it was just an act of nature" I was inspired to put up lights that year, and put a huge smiley face, using the entire 2 story front of the house. blue eyes, red nose and lips, with a tongue sticking our, and nothing else, it won second place in the unofficial decoration vote from the neighborhood folks that year. 

anyway, have fun, see you in battle, and will fire a cheerful broadside your way. merry torpedoes. 

FallingDecor.thumb.jpg.0e09415f24439746b40905e0e0d0850a.jpg

This did not happen to be in Santa Cruz, CA in the mid 90's, did it? The local paper had a couple articles about Christmas light 'vandalism' in Aptos, and then a couple years later in Santa's Village??

[JMMAF]
Members
1,954 posts
6,629 battles
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:57 AM, probation_officer said:

This did not happen to be in Santa Cruz, CA in the mid 90's, did it? The local paper had a couple articles about Christmas light 'vandalism' in Aptos, and then a couple years later in Santa's Village??

yes, yes it was! in aptos, not too far from the golf course...  the santa' village 'vandalism' was not our work, they actually had pretty good security in the neighborhood where that occurred at the time (we had checked it out the year before), so it had to be a local.

57 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

This is brilliant XD wish we were that creative! Thanks for the laugh @not_acceptable! Happy Holidays!

than you, than you ver ver mush. than you.  :o)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this